It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could homosexuality be our Earth's defense mechanism?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
Xander,

I'm sorry, but from a litigation point of view, your arguement is reaching to say the least. Slow down for a second, Penis + Vagina + Baby = Purpose, Penis + butt + homosexuality = General uncertainty

So you're saying the ONLY purpose to having sex is to have babies???

Eeef. We need better sex ed in the schools.

For the record, sex can be comforting, sex can be bonding, sex can be frustration-relieving, sex can be celebration, sex can be fun... it can be a lot of things both good and bad. People don't have sex ONLY when they want babies and we're not animals who go into heat so we aren't limited to sex at only one time period.

And not all homosexuals practice anal contact. It was a common form of birth control (between man and wife) in earlier days.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
Priest,

I never said it was, I said could it be, that's what this discussion was started over. Now how could homosexuality be the Earth's defense mechanism? Well, in theory, if the race of the world were over-populating at certain unknown (the reason I say unknown is because we don't yet know if it is true) rate, then more homosexual can't have kids. Therefore they adopt from kids that are already there, therefore a decrease in earth populatation at whatever rate. Again, the beginning of this thread was a thought that I had and wanted some feedback, you now have me defending a point I never intended to be taken literally.

which is exactly the reason I wanted to interject a sense of scale. The rate that homosexuals increase would have to outpace the overall popluation growth for your theory to have any merit. What if heterosexual families on average grow from 2.5 people to 3.5 ? You still have population growth, even if the rate of childless homosexuals increases as well.

And then theres the melissa etheridege factor. Lesbians using donated sperm to have their own babies.

sadly, I think mother earth is going to shake many of us off of her back, but like rasputin said, it will be in the form of climate changes and disasters, not sexual preference

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Let me ask this question... Do people out there think that there is a rise is homosexuality over the yeears? And why? Could homosexuality be slowly taking over, from a evolution point of view? A few people made comments that the earth has nothing to do with our lives. I guess earlier in the conversation we were talking about Earth having an undestaning of our consciousness on a level we can't fathem.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
"Could homosexuality be slowly taking over, from a evolution point of view? "

well, I'd think that for that to be true, more homosexuals offspring would have to live long enough to reproduce than heterosexuals offspring, so I'd have to say no, it is not.

not that there's anything wrong with that

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
After reading through all the ATS threads regarding homosexuality, this is about the only one I've come across where I haven't felt condemned to Hell just because of who I am.

For that, I thank all of you.

So, back to the topic at hand.

I've often wondered if there is an answer to the "why" of homosexuality - I know it isn't something I chose, If I had a choice in this matter, of course I'd have chosen "straight" - Who wouldn't? Straight is "normal"
- it's accepted - you don't need to be told that "it's OK to be straight", and never would you feel that burning, piercing pain in your heart when you hear how homosexuals are "sinners, perverts, pedophiles, and ABOMINATIONS!!!!" or when it's put on the same "moral" level as murder and rape.

I don't know if I was "born" gay - does anyone know their sexual preference when they are born? No. I don't remember any specific thing that happened that would have "turned" me gay when I was a kid - I don't ever remember being given a "choice" in the matter (who in here was asked at the onset of puberty "straight, or gay, whatcha wanna be?", nobody) I DO know that I've NEVER been attracted to a girl in any way, form or fashion. Nothing about their shape, scent, sound, or texture is appealing to me at all. Never has been, never will be. The way I imagine a straight man is "grossed out" by the thought of sex with another man is how I feel about sex with a woman. No offence to women, I just don't swing "that way"

If there were a pill I could take or some kind of magic spell I could chant that would turn me straight, I'D DO IT IN A HEARTBEAT!!!! - I want to know what it's like to be attracted to a female, I want to see what it feels like to be straight, to feel like I kinda "fit in" - to feel a part of the majority. I want to know these things so I can tell if I'm a "bad person" for having the thoughts I have, or if I'm just like every other red blooded, horny-as-hell man who just happens to be turned on by other men instead of women. I'll never know how it feels, because this is something that I can't turn off, there's no toggle switch in the back of my head that I can just flip from "gay" to "straight".

SO - after years of grief, starting in highschool - from the denying it, being angry about it, bargaining with God to take it away from me, SEVERE depression because I didn't know what to do to change it (dropped out of college during that one), and then finally reluctant acceptance that I am what I am I've just got to deal with it - I started asking myself some questions :

Who should I tell? - Who CAN I tell? - Should I only tell when asked?

Will my family still accept me? Will my friends still want me around?

Is it worse to be gay, or worse to pretend to be straight when I know what I am?

Is it "bad" of me to act homophobic to avoid detection?

Is it bad to be attracted to guys when I know they can NEVER return the attraction? (this was when I thought I was "THE ONLY ONE" - growing up in the rural south can do that to ya)

Should I procreate? - CAN I procreate? - If everyone else is here to "multiply", then what's my purpose? Was I put here to adopt the children of "multipliers" that don't want 'em? - Do I even want to be a parent?

Will I die alone? - Who's gonna take care of me when I'm old and feeble?

IF I procreate, or adopt, will my kids have it harder since Daddy's "a fag"?

Is is bad to even think about putting a child in that situation?

Those were the questions that slapped me in the face when I finally accepted that I was gay, and I still wonder about some of them, some I can't get out of my head - they're just stuck on a continuous loop.

Do I think that homosexuality is a way of "thinning out the herd" ? No - There's not enough of us to do that, and most of us "can" procreate, we may just choose not to. Alot of gay people want a family, they want children, they want to go to Church and have Sunday afternoon lunch with the family, teach their kids how to ride a bike and swim and drive a car and take pictures of their children on prom night and see them get their diploma at graduation. Alot want to be everything that a "normal" family is, except they don't want to pretend to be in love with someone of the opposite sex to do it.

Some say "there are MORE homosexuals these days" - but that's not true, you just know about more of them because we're getting tired of hiding. Are there "more" straight people these days that are choosing not to get married, to not have children, to not start a family, than there used to be? I don't know, but it's probably the same ratio as it used to be, but it's not as "unpopular" these days to say you don't want to settle down.

Who's to say if there's a "why"? - Who's to say there isn't? We'll never know the answer, if there's an answer, or which answer is "correct" to those questions, at least not in this existence anyway.

Please feel free to ask me any questions, in the thread, or in a U2U - I'd love to know what people wonder about us, and I'd like to try and answer what I can. I know I can't answer everything, since there is no one kind of "homosexual" and we don't all feel, think, act the same way, but I'll try my best. I might even ask about some of y'all's strange "hetero" ways.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Paul the fourth,

I appreciate your honesty. I can understand your uncertainty, for you painted it very well. It must've been a helpless feeling growing up. A lot of people don't understand what they don'y know. And unfortunately we have too many people in this world who are ready to cast judgement on something they know nothing about. This is the only curse of homosexuality.

I am interested in the origin of homosexualiy, that is the purpose of this thread. I would just like to know, why seemingly good people, are born gay, and don't know why. Furthermore, this desire is so strong that they wish it went away. I can't easily say that it is a chemicle inbalance, because I do not think it is. I have faith in the inner-connectedness of everything and God has a purpose for it. It is not without merit, although it is easily pointed to the work of the devil by most religious groups. But we all know most religious groups are more corrupt than they think homosexuality is. Face it, we live in a world that we barely understand. In all the uncertainty, ofcourse there are answers unknown. But that doesn't mean that there isn't a great answer for it. Coontinue being yourself, and in the end, you will remain the same, "they" will change.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   
population control, or evolutionary progress? roughly only 3-5% of homosexuals are "clinically" homosexual, so the majority represents environmental modification through influence of culture, societal acceptance, or non-acceptance in way of needing to rebel. indigo children, psychics, the rise of the comic superhero, all bring to light evidence of humans becoming aware of the deception reality ultimately is. homosexuality goes against the doctrine of natural conception, thus in that sense, yes it limits reproduction. however, reproduction itself is a threat to progression. with further reproduction, there is less chance for the human being to become immortal because death becomes an inevitability that cannot be ignored. if people were to open their minds and realize that the world before them is an illusion, any activity or lifestyle which would fulfill this belief would be distancing them from the common life cycle of birth>death. homosexuality breaks the border and responsibility of reproduction, and even if it is still possible, it becomes harder with the rigidity sperm banks, lack of female host carriers, etc. it may encourage the human being to try to live longer, to outwit, the system, and to progress beyond it. pscyhic ability, homosexuality, superpowers, levitation, meditation, enlightenment, aversion to pain, all may weave throughout and into each other because the human mind is becoming increasingly aware of the puppet it is. and there is also, that perhaps the puppet is only the truest form of a puppet if in full self-realization of its lack of freedom. for if you can see a cage, you are more trapped than if you do not see one. perhaps homosexuality and the like are human progression, perhaps it is arrogant to think so and we are all inevitably doomed to be slaves in a system which cannot be understood, by anyone, living, dying, for no reason whatsoever, convincing ourselves that we "all have a purpose". hhhhaaaa.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join