It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria's terror pipeline

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Apparently, if you are a terrorist and want to fight Iraqi’s (read: Sunni) and Americans in Iraq, head to Syria, they will be more than happy to help you out. Some of you may not know, but the Baath party has a strong presence in Syria and would like nothing more than to see the new Iraqi government fail. Syria supports terrorist training camps and exports money, weapons, and freshly trained terrorists into Iraq daily to support Syria’s doctrine of terror.

Story here. And here is a fantastic resource outlining Syria’s long history of using terror to fulfill its doctrine of terror.

WASHINGTON - Syria's terrorist pipeline into Iraq is as wide open as it has ever been, with arms, suicide bombers and fighters from all over the radical Arab world pouring across the border. Word of that comes from the U.S. ambassador to Iraq, Zalmay Khalilzad, who must deal with the consequences every day of deadly bombings.

The administration is reaching the end of its rope with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. With the White House privately discussing chapter two of regime change, Khalilzad publicly warned, "Our patience is running out with Syria."

He said it had reached the point where young Sunni Muslim men from Yemen, Saudi Arabia and North Africa without a return ticket are flying into Syria, and then being moved to training camps before crossing the border to kill Iraqis.

Let’s hope the good guys (Coalition and the ISF) can seal up that border to keep these children killing, government sabotaging, savages out of the new democratic Iraq. It’s too bad the Iraqi people have to put up with the Syrian threat while they put their country back together.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Given the American record on Border security I don't see how they are gonna make much of an impact

It’s too bad the Iraqi people have to put up with the Syrian threat while they put their country back together.

They wouldn't have to be spending all that time and money if the "coalition" hadn't bombed the crap out of the Iraqi civilian power, water and communications infrastructure in the first place. Just a wee point I know but relevent, IMHO.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Given the American record on Border security I don't see how they are gonna make much of an impact

It’s too bad the Iraqi people have to put up with the Syrian threat while they put their country back together.

They wouldn't have to be spending all that time and money if the "coalition" hadn't bombed the crap out of the Iraqi civilian power, water and communications infrastructure in the first place. Just a wee point I know but relevent, IMHO.

Great attack on the USA Britguy, any comments on the topic?

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I commented upon the USA's dire history on border security...on topic I think

There are many stories of all the huge amounts of suicide bombers, arms and cash pouring over the borders from Iran and Syria but even the Iraqi government tends to play down the scale of it.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   

This statement might be relevant if it were true. Our military has not been on our borders stopping illegals. Our Border Patrol is understaffed. Our gov't is apathetic. The military and the Border Patrol are, however, two different entities.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I would find it distressing to find that more effort was being put into securing the Iraq border than in my own country.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I commented upon the USA's dire history on border security...on topic I think

Mabye we should talk about our "border security" lol, ah thats a deafining silence...

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I would find it distressing to find that more effort was being put into securing the Iraq border than in my own country.

Well, I’m all for the military or National Guard being place on the border, but would your buddies at the ACLU support that, or just scream foul, again?

Now, I hope the US military and Iraqi forces are able to stop or disrupt this flow of insurgents coming in from Syria. From the recent results of the Tal Afar offensive I am optimistic that they can have an affect on it.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Im not American, so the ACLU are more your buddies than mine. Just another case of a disgruntled conservative working hard on that division.

[edit on 23-9-2005 by cargo]

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Actually I'm more of a moderate, slightly leaning to the right, I share views from both sides. Anyway, by your post I took it to mean that you lived in the US.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Report attacks 'myth' of foreign fighters

www.guardian.co.uk...

By: Brian Whitaker and Ewen MacAskill on: 23.09.2005 [16:15] (339 reads)

The US and the Iraqi government have overstated the number of foreign fighters in Iraq, "feeding the myth" that they are the backbone of the insurgency, an American thinktank says in a new report

Foreign militants - mainly from Algeria, Syria, Yemen, Sudan, Egypt and Saudi Arabia - account for less than 10% of the estimated 30,000 insurgents, according to the Washington-based Centre for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS).

The CSIS disputes reports that Saudis account for most of the foreign insurgents and says best estimates suggest Algerians are the largest group (20%), followed by Syrians (18%), Yemenis (17%), Sudanese (15%), Egyptians (13%), Saudis (12%) and those from other states (5%). British intelligence estimate the number of British jihadists at about 100.

AAAAAANNDD.....

Iraqis refused entry into country
By: Aljazeera on: 23.09.2005 [06:23] (182 reads)

(1776 bytes) Print
Hundreds of Iraqis have been stuck on the Syrian side of the Iraq-Syria border after being refused entry by Iraqi security forces.

The stranded Iraqis are mainly travellers returning to their country after visiting neighbouring Syria, Jordan and Saudi Arabia. The government in Baghdad has given no indication it plans to look into the issue.

The Aljazeera reporter at the border checkpoint said one of those stuck in the middle of the desert was Adnan, a 13-year-old boy.Adnan arrived at the checkpoint from Jordan after having his leg amputated. He has been waiting for over a week at the border.

The stranded say they have been barred from entering their country by a US army decision, implemented by Iraqi security forces. They have been gathering daily at the checkpoint appealing for a solution.

A woman who had run out of money said the Iraqi border guards did not show any concern for her, while the Syrians took care of her and her children's needs. Another stricken Iraqi said a woman delivered her baby at a nearby mosque.

Children prevented from returning to Iraq.

Among those stranded, a boy with an amputated leg

Iraqies say US won't let them return.

[edit on 23-9-2005 by Syrian Sister]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Tell me SS, how would you handle border control? Let all those who wish to enter?

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I would take everything Khalilzad says with a grain of salt.
He is a PNAC member and is probably trying to fulfill the plans they outlined years ago.

Here's some background on Khalilzad, who isn't even Iraqi.

en.wikipedia.org...

Dr. Zalmay Khalilzad is the highest-ranking native Afghan and Muslim in the Bush administration. He became George W. Bush's special envoy to Afghanistan after the fall of the Taliban. On September 24, 2003, George W. Bush named Khalilzad the U.S. ambassador to Afghanistan and he took his post in Kabul on November 27. Currently, Khalilzad is U.S. ambassador to Iraq; he was sworn in on June 21, 2005.

He is a member of the Project for the New American Century (PNAC) and was one of the signers of the January 26, 1998, PNAC Letter sent to President William Jefferson Clinton.

---

Khalilzad served under former U.S. Presidents Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush as special assistant to the president for Southwest Asia, the Near East and North Africa. From 1985 to 1989, Khalilzad served as a senior United States Department of State official advising on the Soviet war in Afghanistan and the Iran-Iraq war, and from 1991 to 1992, he was a senior Defense Department official for policy planning. He served as a counsellor to Donald Rumsfeld. Khalilzad initially viewed the Taliban as a potential force for stability and as counter balance to Iran, but his views changed over time, especially after the events of September 11. Dr. Khalilzad headed the Bush-Cheney Transition team for the Department of Defense and has been a Counselor to Secretary of Defense Rumsfeld.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Let’s hope the good guys (Coalition and the ISF) can seal up that border to keep these children killing, government sabotaging, savages out of the new democratic Iraq. It’s too bad the Iraqi people have to put up with the Syrian threat while they put their country back together.

Yea the good guys. The good guys who invaded Iraq killing tens of thousands of innocent Iraqi men, women and children. The good guys who literally destroyed the capital city of Iraq turning it into a complete war zone which resulted in the city millions of people dead, injured and homeless. But theyre such good guys they offered to send their companies in to rebuild it.

The ancient sumerian tablets which were priceless have been lost when the museum was raided. Unfortunately the "good guys" werent around to prevent that but you can bet they were there to protect the oil rigs which were left intact throughout the whole invasion.

The good guys who fired tank shells at the Palestine hotel which coincidentally housed Al Jazeera news reporters and lots of other independant news reporters who were trying to capture the real story.

The good guys who took out a dictator because "they thought" he had weapons of mass destruction. Theyre such good guys they are the only ones in the world responsible enough to possess nuclear weapons even though they are the only ones in the history of humankind to have actually used nuclear weapons against another country. Im sure the people of Hiroshima and Nagasaki can see what good guys the "coalition" I mean Americans and British are.

The good guys who go against the geneva convention and capture prisoners in war but when they have them they are no longer prisoners of war and hold them indefinately in a prison on an island which isnt even their country and literally do whatever they want to them.

Isnt it reassuring to have good guys working to make this world a better place.

[edit on 25-9-2005 by drinkinlikeafish]

[edit on 25-9-2005 by drinkinlikeafish]

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Skippytjc im just curious, how old are you? My guesses are your about 10 years old or your a really immature teenager. You still use the terms good guys and bad guys. I thought even 10 year olds could see beyond goodies and baddies, cowboys and indians. This isnt a wild west movie this is reality. In reality there are no good guys and bad guys but your obviously too immature to see that at the moment. Maybe when your older youll realize it but until then why dont you stop arguing about something your feeble mind cant comprehend.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
drinkinlikeafish, yes we the good guys who capture civilians and be-head them on national TV, yes we the good guys who set off car bombs in food markets and kill men, women, and children.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Why do you feel the need to compare? Do you think it makes Americans good guys because they dont behead people like some Iraqi extremist groups do?

Well then the extremists are good guys people they dont round up millions of jews and put them in concentration camps like the nazis did.

Theyre good guys because they dont divide nations and cause mass genocides like the Belgians did in Rwanda.

Theyre good guys because they havent dropped nukes on other countries like the U.S did.

It seems like the pro war Americans have to compare the bad things their country does to bad things other countries do to justify them or to make themselves feel better about it. Two wrongs dont make a right. Because one country uses agent orange doesnt make it okay for another country to use anthrax.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
By the way what do you think of the avatar?

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   

By the way what do you think of the avatar?

Nothing really, never was a fan of the Leprechaun movies.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Come on, the leprechauns the man.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join