It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bride Of Christ Must Be United

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
It is because so many followers of Christ have missed an incredibly important lesson: hate the sin, but not the sinner. We must fight evil with good, yet with your examples, we're fighting evil with evil. As I said in the original post, that pastor's lesson that only one denomination was going to make it through the gates of Heaven turned me off entirely. He was preaching hate and condemnation. You cannot fight sin with sin.

I thank God that His judgement when He seporates the wheat from the chaff will start with His Bride in His mercy. It will be a glorious time to live and participate in when His Bride is what she was made to be; walking in step with Him, and not herself.

Well I came here per your suggestion on my u2u which by the way I was very happy to see your second u2u and the invitation to join. More on that you will find in your incoming messages.

First, doubt seriously the "judge the sinner not the sin" is going to get by anyone in the Gay community and will fly like the same lead zepplin excuse some Atheist's use when they say belief in God is stupid saying they call the belief stupid and not the believer.

Biblical is the truth about sin and God doesn't judge the sin, he judges the sinner and why should be quite easy figure out. I don't know where the idea comes from that we should play pussy foot with some kinds of sinners fearing we will be seen as bigotry.

They can call me a bigot all they want,, that doesn't change the fact that what they do with other men is not an abomination, vile repugnant act in Gods eyes according to scripture.

If I had to live that way having that cross to bear would be one hell of a quagmire and I sure don't envy them however, I can't deny what someone active in that lifestyle is.

I imagine that would be a very hard life to have to live as a Christian.

= Con

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by junglejake

In my opinion you make the mistake of not fully understanding what, "The Church," is.

Biblically speaking a mob can be called a church, and it is in Acts.

The human race is made up of people from all religions not just Christianity and there are members of, "The Church," within all races and religions, because it is not based on religion but belief, and any human being anywhere at anytime can believe regardless of their religious preferences because it is an issue of the heart of a man not religion.

We have control over our motives not religion, we can chose to worship God in truth and in spirit regardless of our religion.

It is not the accuracy of our thoughts that God is concerned with but the intents of our heart.

A Bundist can have a pure heart of faith in the sight of God even though he may know nothing of your Jesus, and maybe has never even seen a bible.

Where you could use some enlightenment is in the idea of the Omnipotence of God, you see, that is not an intellectual viewpoint from which to understand God, but the realty from which God exists in relation to the creation.

God has no need or want of anything, not even mankind, we have need of His help, but He could start over by raising up new people from the dust of the ground.

God does not need you or me to do anything for Him, He needs us to do some things for ourselves, which is walk in the good works which were predetermined for us individually from before the foundations of the world.

Just as the life, death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus of Nazareth was predetermined from before the founding of the world and he willingly choose to find his role and walk in it, we must do likewise, not because God needs us or wants us to do it, but because that is the truth which provides the greatest benefit for us and others.

The reality which the world is going to experience as a whole is laid out in the book of Revelations and in the speaking of prophecy at all times past present and future.

That reality can not be altered, it will occur, our only choice is whether we walk in the path laid out by the spirit in real time through faith, or we follow the courses of this world and of nature, contributing the energy or our life to it's ultimate destruction, severing death rather than life the creation rather than the creator.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join