It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to become a free-mason...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

link   

link   

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by As Salam alaykum
To stay on topic:

To become a freemason you have to be willing to worship Lucifer.

I like to hear what people think about this statement?

Whilst I am no longer a Freemason, based on my previous initiation and progression through to Master Mason, I would say that it is entirely false.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roark
Whilst I am no longer a Freemason, based on my previous initiation and progression through to Master Mason, I would say that it is entirely false.

FORMER FREEMASON REVEALS ALL

(No) Luciferian Worship in the Craft

There's a book in there somewhere

To the main assertion, no worshiping of any nature takes place within a regular masonic lodge, be it to Lucifer or any other god. As a fraternity which insists members have a faith of their own before they join, and insist they keep that faith going as a condition of membership, freemasonry is structurally incapable of such things.

The only people who believe such things are (1) Jim Shaw, (2) people without critical analytical skills who have read Jim Shaw's book and (3) people who believe what they are told by people who have read Jim Shaw's book without any further investigation.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Given the sworn oaths and secrecy, who in their right mind would want to become a freemason. There are better paths to follow in search of light, love, and the brotherhood of man, paths which are more compassionate and of the all-inclusive variety. People involved in an exclusive club of secrets, thinking themselves more enlightened than the rest, are not the group to join.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Have you never sworn an oath? Have you never kept a secret? Don't be so self righteous to say secrecy and oaths are exclusive to private organizations. I say the Freemasons are private organizations since we are not a secret society. If we were a secret society no one would know where we meet, who our members are, or be able to find many of our private rituals on the net.

The only inclusive requirements is that you be a man of faith. Whoever said we were more enlightened?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
If I am a man of faith, and therefore light and love, then why would I need to join freemasonry? Why would I need to swear to secret oaths or be involved in rituals and the interpretation of occult symbols?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
You don't need to. Nobody is saying that you do.

Why is it necessary to criticise those who choose this particular path? So you can feel superior?

I like chicken. You like beef. The consumption of both leads to a full belly. I would look like a bit of an idiot if I was to harangue you for choosing beef over chicken, wouldn't I?

[edit on 26-5-2009 by Roark]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

I never said you needed to or that you were inferior for not doing so.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
You missed the point I was trying to make. With true faith, one has all they need for a continual process of spiritual growth and enlightenment. You say they must begin with faith, then, when they get to your door, they are to undergo a ritual of entering from outer darkness.. it's absurd.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
It's a ritual, dude. It simply imparts pieces of information/lessons in a more impactful and memorable way than if they were delivered in a conversation over coffee and a biscuit.

People have been using rituals for thousands of years for this very purpose, dude. Are they ALL absurd, or just the one you referred to?

Should Freemasons switch to the coffee-and-a-biscuit method instead?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by As Salam alaykum

First one would need to truly know who "Lucifer" is in order to claim that others worship this supposed being.

If you aim to show that "Lucifer" is supposed to be Satan than please present proof.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
You missed the point I was trying to make. With true faith, one has all they need for a continual process of spiritual growth and enlightenment. You say they must begin with faith, then, when they get to your door, they are to undergo a ritual of entering from outer darkness.. it's absurd.

In the Timaeus, Plato describes a conversation held between Timaeus of Locri and Socrates concerning virtue. They reach several agreements on what exactly may be called "virtuous", but Socrates tells him that if he really wants to know the deeper meanings of virtues, Timaeus should accompany him to the mysteries and be initiated.

'Nuff said.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join