It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stage 5 Pandemic Risk: If this doesn't scare you, nothing will!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Here are newest maps from www.recombinomics.com... on the growing situation in Indonesia:

H5N1 Bird Flu Cases Indonesia September 2005

Circles = Confirmed
Red = Fatal
Orange = Alive
Squares = Suspect
Red = Fatal
Orange = Alive

-------------------------------------

H5N1 Bird Flu Cases Jakarta September 2005

Circles = Confirmed
Red = Fatal
Orange = Alive
Squares = Suspect
Red = Fatal
Orange = Alive
Triangles = Zoo Linked
Orange = Confirmed
Green = Suspect

----------------------------------

[edit on 29-9-2005 by loam]

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
You are not allowed to post anymore bad news, EVER! NO MORE!

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Could Bird flu be here in the US:?????????

www.wilx.com...

Could the headline be misleading? It seems to me before things go bad here, and they will, Isn't this the kind of things to be watching for.

Isn't it wierd that the book/movie "The Stand" affected humans, dogs, and horses.....??

heres more:
www.farmedanimal.net...

peace

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
WHO released a statement today in an attempt to calm bird flu fears.

start.earthlink.net.../433cb840_3ca6_1552620050930887968837

The World Health Organization moved Friday to revise alarming predictions that a pandemic stemming from the bird flu virus ravaging parts of Asia could kill as many as 150 million people.

The U.N. health agency was deluged with inquiries after Dr. David Nabarro - named Thursday as the U.N. coordinator for avian and human influenza - cited the number during a news conference at the U.N.'s New York headquarters.

While WHO's flu spokesman at the agency's Geneva headquarters did not say the 150 million prediction was wrong, he emphasized that 7.4 million deaths is a more realistic estimate.

Do you feel any better now?

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Do they have sources on the ground, monitor foreign media? This is much more detailed than anything I'm seeing or reading anywhere but here.

Worrysome stuff...

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Ahhhh,,,,now I understand why all the 88+ scientists(virologists, epidemiologists, bioengineers etc) were disposed of

If they rounded us all up like in Nazi germany they would have to work too hard. Release disease and the populace just thinks it is a natural occurence as doctors and CDC, mostly good folks, legitamately try to put out the fires. No one ever suspects and the ones that do and speak up are labled silly conspiracy theorists and crowned with a tinfoil hat.

clever

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
i'd criticise you for saying that if it were not for the way it rang so chillingly TRUE......

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
No no see even if this was bioengineered or just released and let run rampant even those that may have orchestated it would be in harm's way too. Ever read the Fall of the House of Usher by E.A Poe?

Perfect example of isolating yourself to escape death and disease only for it to be waiting for you patiently and eventually finds a way to get in.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DDay
No no see even if this was bioengineered or just released and let run rampant even those that may have orchestated it would be in harm's way too. Ever read the Fall of the House of Usher by E.A Poe?

Perfect example of isolating yourself to escape death and disease only for it to be waiting for you patiently and eventually finds a way to get in.

I'm not so sure. Isn't it possible to bioengineer a virus and release it in a small secluded village, in which you've already quarentined?

After years of perfecting it's mutation, your scientists get to work on a vaccine. Grab another village for testing and research purposes. Once you're comfortable with the fatality rate and your vaccine you have no other need for your own microbiologists and scientists. Besides, you wouldn't want the vaccine to end up in the wrong hands, would you?

hmmm, what to call it? Hey! Let's call it the 'hepititis B' vaccine and require everyone to receive it. Infants get theirs before even leaving the hospital. (Just an analogy or example, I'm not implying this is what is spreading. Hypethetically speaking of course)

By the time you release the virus into the populous, all of your people are vaccinated and immune.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Well Sourgrapes ordinarily I would agree with agents like Ebola, Marburg and the like but when you are dealing with a known airborne agent it's still even a little risky for the big guys. That isn't to say that it couldn't or even wouldn't be done but the measures for control would be far greater than one could imagine.

When dealing with an airborne agent such as the flu and in this case a respiratory one and basically drowns the person within days it takes on a life of it's own. Never worrying about the next "meal" or host because it carries on the wind.

Even the vaccines that we have available every flu season only protect against whatever flu is up that year. So if we have a vaccine for Influenza A this year and Influenza B is the one that actually hits then we all have the potential of getting that flu.

Not to mention that the H5N1 vaccine is only in the primary stages and very risky by even taking it because the scientists don't even know how much dosage to give to be effective.

Again I am not saying it can't be done but I don't think the flu would be the best way to go. I would release small pox first before the flu or Ebola.
Yes, the flu is nice and neat in the sense it would be great for a depopulation if the gov was looking for that but with this particular strain there are too many variables.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It seems to me that if you had some type of resistance to the H5N1, you would have A much better chance of survival, even with the mutations, as it stands the entire world does not have any natural or medical resistance to this strain. In a nut shell its coming and the world is not prepared for it, not even close. Watch the birds, if we start seeing mass die off or a kill off by authorities we will know its at hand.

Natures defense against humans.

Truthfully there is allways some sort of flu scare here in the US

peace

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
more bad news:

HONG KONG, China (Reuters) -- A strain of the H5N1 bird flu virus that may unleash the next global flu pandemic is showing resistance to Tamiflu, the antiviral drug that countries around the world are now stockpiling to fend off the looming threat.

www.cnn.com...

peace

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
This is not good at all!

Bird flu 'out of control' in Chinese province

The Chinese government says the spread of the deadly H5N1 bird flu in one of its provinces is not under control and has warned of a potential disaster there. There have been three fresh outbreaks of the avian virus in the north-eastern province of Liaoning in 24 hours, and a new suspected human infection...

You know it has to be bad if the Chinese government is making such a strong admission.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Hey look, its deadly infection! Anyone want to go play some video games?

I mean really, I need some good news on this subject or we're all going to be a.) anxious b.) paranoid and c.) depressed. Hello virtual gametime! Loamy, lets go muck around in DC some night,

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kalapadea

I mean really, I need some good news on this subject or we're all going to be a.) anxious b.) paranoid and c.) depressed.

Kal - you are not alone, but I really don't get it. ...I have been researching this stuff for years now, and I am not a.) anxious c.) depressed. Sometimes, b.) paranoid - maybe, but no more than is realsitic.

I mean, is it like a cultural thing? This need to deny reality seems peculiar to Western Civilization. Other cultures value information, and use it to make reality-based decisions. But North Americans just don't want to know. They'd rather get blind-sided. ...???

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Maybe that didn't come out right, I like knowing and all, but I wish we had something to keep us from thinking about it in all free time. Need some good news, to keep ya going. That and, I'm actually just addicted to this mortal kombat game on X-box my high school brother has me playing every night. I just thought I'm not the only one who feels like I think about it a little too much.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Need some good news, to keep ya going. That and, I'm actually just addicted to this mortal kombat game on X-box my high school brother has me playing every night. I just thought I'm not the only one who feels like I think about it a little too much.

FYI - Personal power is just past avoidance and denial. Take a right at the gas station, loop around the park, and turn left at the last intersection. It's a bit tricky to get to, so ya gotta pay attention to the signs.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Loamy, lets go muck around in DC some night,

Given the present climate, I avoid the District like the plague! (Oh, the irony of using that word in this thread.) It's now my policy to never go there again. You'll have to pick another location.

[edit on 14-11-2005 by loam]

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Looks like things are really picking up steam...

Jump in suspected bird flu cases in people

JAKARTA (Reuters) - Indonesia said on Monday a 20-year-old woman has died of bird flu and several other countries also reported more suspected cases in people.

Adding to the sense of alarm, researchers in Vietnam say the H5N1 avian flu virus has mutated allowing it to replicate more easily inside humans and other mammals. Taiwan said it had detected another bird flu strain that can infect people.

Avian influenza is known to have infected 125 people in Asia, killing 64, and is endemic in most poultry flocks in the region.

There are at least a dozen other suspected cases as governments in Asia struggle to control outbreaks in poultry to prevent more people from catching the virus, which experts fear could trigger a pandemic.

Vietnam and China said on Monday they had had more suspicious cases in people, while Thailand said a toddler confirmed infected with bird flu was recovering.

In the Indonesian capital, tests confirmed the woman died from H5N1, a Health Ministry official said and that tests were also being conducted on samples from a 13 year-old girl.

Both died over the weekend in the Sulianti Saroso Hospital, Jakarta's hospital for treating bird flu patients. Initial tests on the girl were negative.

Earlier, a hospital official said a 16-year-old boy had tested positive but Hariadi Wibisono, a senior official at the Health Ministry, said that was not the case.

Final test results for the woman and a 16-year-old girl who died last week have to be confirmed by a laboratory in Hong Kong.

The laboratory, affiliated with the World Health Organization, has confirmed five people have died of bird flu in Indonesia. But President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono put the toll higher, telling a news conference on Monday seven of the 11 people who had contracted avian influenza in Indonesia had died.

More...

I keep looking for something that will tell me this thing will fizzle... Unfortunately, I haven't found it yet.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
By "in" DC I really meant under

Ok, Herndon, Reston, Fredericksburg?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join