It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemason entery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
My father is a third degree mason but he won't tell me how to get in until I am 18. At first I thought that he just didn't want me to become one. Then I realised that that was probably the secret he had to keep. So, since I can't get it from him, can anyone here tell me?

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Hi ketoes13

What do you want to know?

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ketoes13
My father is a third degree mason but he won't tell me how to get in until I am 18. At first I thought that he just didn't want me to become one. Then I realised that that was probably the secret he had to keep. So, since I can't get it from him, can anyone here tell me?

I'm not certain as to why your father won't tell you "how" but I note that you're located in Dayton, Ohio. The Grand Lodge of Ohio maintains a web-site at:

www.freemason.com...

There's a LOT of good information about Masonry in your state on that site, including a link called "How To Join" Among several other things, it includes the following which pertains to Ohio Masonry. (Some states have varying requirements, particularly concerning the age limits. My Grand Lodge in Missouri allows 18 yr olds to join, my Grand Lodge in Kentucky requires a petitioner to be 21 yrs. old.)

From the Grand Lodge of Ohio web-site:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Qualifications for Membership

Application for membership is open to men who:

Have been an Ohio resident for at least one year
Are at least 19 years old
Have a belief in a Supreme Being
Live a good moral and social life
Do not advocate the overthrow of the government
Can read and write English
Are recommended by two members of the Lodge they wish to join. (If you do not know two members of a Lodge, the secretary of the Lodge to which you are applying can arrange a meeting with two members of the Lodge for you .)
The application fee is generally between $100 and $250, and a Lodge’s annual dues are between $25 and $60.
-----------------------------------------------------------

No secret at all!

Hope the info helps.

Regards,

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
well, dang. I can't join since I am devoted to bringing down the U.S. government lol

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ketoes13
well, dang. I can't join since I am devoted to bringing down the U.S. government lol

Yes, we frown upon such things (despite what some overzealous members of this list may may try to make you believe)

[edit on 23-9-2005 by senrak]

top topics

join