It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jewish bomb plotter jailed in US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   
A Jewish extremist who belongs to the Jewish Defence League, (Irv Rubin, who died in jail in an apparent suicide). Has been sentenced to 20 years by a AL court
For plotting to blow up a LA mosque and a home of a congressmen The sentence Krugel received was the highest under his plea bargain

news.bbc.co.uk
A Jewish extremist who plotted to blow up a Los Angeles mosque and the office of a US congressman of Lebanese descent has been sentenced to 20 years in jail.
Earl Krugel was arrested in 2001 with another leader of a group called the Jewish Defence League, Irv Rubin, who died in jail in an apparent suicide.

Krugel, 62, admitted the charges. The sentence was the heaviest he could receive under his plea bargain.

He apologised to the court for causing "sadness, pain and sorrow".

The plot was discovered before any blasts took place.

US District judge Ronald Lew said Krugel's crimes were "promoting hatred in the most vile way".

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is the first time I have read a Jewish extremist being arrested and sentenced in the US, showing that extremists on all sides would do anything to build and make hatred much worse.

Related News Links:
NY times
ABC

[edit on 23-9-2005 by bodrul]

[edit on 26-9-2005 by asala]

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Another body blow to the idea that terrorism is exclusively a tactic of Islamic fanatics. Jewish and Christian (hello Eric Robert Rudolph) terrorists are a threat as well. I don't know of any Buddhist terrorists, but I suppose it's only a matter of time...

join