It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aviation - fuel tank explosions, TWA Flight 800, Concorde, etc.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Entropy is a basic physical quantity that led to various, and sometimes apparently conflicting interpretations. It has been successively assimilated to different concepts such as chaos, information, power engineering, aviation, society, etc.

This uncertainty on the concept of entropy itself is a kind of entropy and the uncertainty should be reduced.

More: www.mdpi.org...

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   
So according to you, if a guy puts a rotor on a helicopter, and doesn't put a lock clip into the bolt, and the helicopter crashes, it's entropy and not human error. Or if a fuel tank gets ruptured from a mechanic not putting a part on properly, it's entropy and not human error. Well it's good to know that there's no such thing as human error now.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Personally I think it was all a coordinated plot pulled off by gremlins!

As a certain mod would say:
Entropy gremlins, they’re not just for fuel tanks anymore!

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
The maximum entropy means a maximum ignorance.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
So according to you, if a guy puts a rotor on a helicopter, and doesn't put a lock clip into the bolt, and the helicopter crashes, it's entropy and not human error. Or if a fuel tank gets ruptured from a mechanic not putting a part on properly, it's entropy and not human error. Well it's good to know that there's no such thing as human error now.

“Human error is part of entropy, entropy is an energy field created by all flying things. It surrounds them, penetrates them, it binds all aviation together."

Originally posted by elpasys
The maximum entropy means a maximum ignorance.

Entropy Gremlins have crossed over to the darkside of Entropy, so they eat ignorance for lunch; they especially enjoy it with a side order of turbine blades.

We apologize for the inconvenience but Entropy Gremlins seem to have hijacked my account, now back to our regularly scheduled debate:

[edit on 12/2/2005 by defcon5]

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Entropy Gremlins have crossed over to the darkside of Entropy, so they eat ignorance for lunch; they especially enjoy it with a side order of turbine blades.

We apologize for the inconvenience but Entropy Gremlins seem to have hijacked my account, now back to our regularly scheduled debate:

An evidence of madness.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   

An evidence of madness.

Hardly, if you are going to proceed with pushing this subject you had better grow a thicker skin then that, because I am just lightheartedly joking around with you. Go try this line on someone in the FAA or NTSB and see how much flak you are going to get, or how many seconds before they hang up on you.

The truth is that the FAA and the NTSB have no reason to hide something like this. If there was truly an issue and it had caused this many problems, believe me they would address it. They have no problem with issuing orders to change, fix, or add equipment at the expense of the airline and for much lesser reasons. I have seen them do this in person, where all of this or that model aircraft had to have something changed or be rotated out of service to fix something, or they have made airlines change procedures. They don’t call the FAA the Tombstone Commission for no reason; it’s called that because accidents are about the only thing that makes them fly into action.

So explain to me what the point here is?
Is it that you think that you have stumbled onto something that no other aeronautical engineer has ever found, or you think they know this is an issue and are covering it up?

If it’s the latter, explain to me why they would do this and not just make the airlines absorb the cost to alter their fueling methods or modify their equipment.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   
There is a concept called ENTROPY which causes disintegration of aviation-, power engineering-,
and social - complexes. This entropy causes a huge cash flow too.

The answer lies in simple physics.
More: www.spacedaily.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
A series of large explosions have rocked a fuel depot near Hemel Hempstead in Hertfordshire, sending clouds of black smoke across south-east England. A fire is continuing to blaze. Hertfordshire's Chief Fire Officer Roy Wilsher said: "This is possibly the largest incident of its kind in peacetime Europe."

The cause of the disaster, i.e. entropy, is not known.

More: news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 11-12-2005 by elpasys]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 03:08 AM
link   
rofl

it was an accident you fool

trying to pin `entropy` on an accident is far the most stupid thing i`ve heard

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
"rofl
it was an accident you fool
trying to pin `entropy` on an accident is far the most stupid thing i`ve heard"

Ignorance, caddish behaviour and rustic.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
no , no one knows what the cause is, as the fire is still raging

to call it `entropy` when the investigators are sitting at home having a cup of tea , becuase they cannot get within 1/2 mile becuase of the heat ; is ignorant and arrogant - 2 traits you have shown , whilst routinely ignoring people who know more than you.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Honeywell has received FAA certification for its Nitrogen Generation System (NGS) for Boeing's 747 airplanes.

The Honeywell NGS or inerting system is based on technology that reduces the risk of flammability of a fuel tank by injecting nitrogen-enriched air into the aircraft's fuel tank. The nitrogen displaces oxygen within the fuel tank thereby reducing the risk of a fuel tank fire or explosion.
"With the certification of our Nitrogen Generation System, Honeywell is continuing its long commitment of providing innovative safety products for commercial aviation," said Tim Mahoney, President, Air Transport & Regional, Honeywell Aerospace. "We have applied our expertise in thermal management and systems integration to provide a solution that can be adapted for new production aircraft or for retrofit onto existing aircraft."

More: Certified: Honeywell Nitrogen Generation System . . , December 12, 2005, www.aero-news.net...

Entropy is never mentioned . . . entropy is tabooooooo . . .

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Elpasys,

Please start posting some facts in support of your "argument" instead of this pish

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
See: www.honeywell.com...
Search; Find information

Searched for 'entropy AND fuel' Search took 0.02 seconds.

Your search - entropy AND fuel - did not match any documents.
No pages were found containing "entropy AND fuel".

Suggestions:
Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
Try different keywords.
Try more general keywords.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   

See: www.honeywell.com...
Search; Find information

Searched for 'entropy AND fuel' Search took 0.02 seconds.

Your search - entropy AND fuel - did not match any documents.
No pages were found containing "entropy AND fuel".

Suggestions:
Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
Try different keywords.
Try more general keywords.

And your point is....?

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Entropy is never mentioned, i.e. entropy is tabooooooo.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   
A lot of things are never mentioned in accident reports. Does this mean that they are all "tabooooo" too?
I think you're attributing a lot more to something that has less of an effect than you think.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Entropy is never mentioned, i.e. entropy is tabooooooo.

Entropy is never mentioned, i.e. entropy is a figment of your imagination

Now, that is a much more likely possibility.

You expect us to believe entropy is responsible for all these crashes (despite the fact clear and logical evidence indicating other reasons is present in most cases) because it is not mentioned?!?

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   
k316

Pluck up courage!
Fly CONCORDE, now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join