It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For or against mind drugs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I was thinking about drugs like prozac. And saying to myself, if people in history had these drugs would we be where we are today ?

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Interesting question. But the only way that I can answer this is that I've seen drugs like Prozac, Celexa, Effexor, etc. save peoples lives. I think that these drugs, like all drugs, are often over-prescribed by physicians that might not have enough understanding or training, but in the hands of a trained psychiatrist experienced in developing "cocktails" of these psychotropic drugs, miracles have happened.

I've had several family members whose lives have been changed for the better. BI Polar and severe depressive states can be fatal, if one considers that suicide is disproportionately high in people with these diseases. Furthermore, these drugs have transformed lives from one's of hopelessness to one's filled with promise and normal functioning.

Again, it really depends upon these drugs being prescribed only after a proper diagnoses and with the guidance of an experienced, trained practitioner. They should not be dismissed out of hand just because of some scary anecdotes.

new topics

join