It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Holocaust ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
What would everybody think if a Nuclear Holocaust happend between a war with Russia, France, North Korea, and the United States? What do you think the impact on peoples lives would be if they survived? What do you think the world would be like for the survivors left? What would you do if you were the only person left alive? Where would you go, what would you eat? All responses are appreciated, good or bad? Ohh yeah,,,what are your opinions on "The Big War" happening?

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
If someone was the only person left alive that would be disastrous for their mind. People in general are social creatures, we need interaction.

Though I would like to think that even if 100% of all targets worldwide were hit, there'd be people left over anyway. There are so many populated areas that don't have military or strategic value that would simply be a waste.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I don't know whether my opinions would be classed as Social Darwinism but I would like to survive regardless of the hardship.

The strongest people will survive and although we may eventually die out from cancer/radiation poisoning the few that are left should build a new world, perhaps a more peaceful world.

I would relish the challenge.

Any way. Haven't there been hundreds of nukes let off since WWII and we're all still here?

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lev1978
I don't know whether my opinions would be classed as Social Darwinism but I would like to survive regardless of the hardship.

Yeah, I feel the same. All the propaganda about nuclear winter has been debunked in recent years. The truth is that we dont have enough nukes on the entire planet to destroy all life, or even most life, including human life. Worse case scenerio, as per recent expert estimations, put the human death toll, including cancer related deaths 10 years after the intial exchange, somewhere between 40% and 70% of humans.

The US, however, will be for the most part, toast.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   
"Big War" happening between these countries ? Can you explain exactly why France would be involved in this ?
Forget about them and North Korea the main action would be between the US and Russia.However i am not certain about what state the Strategic Rocket Forces are in at this moment in time.They may have a large amount of warheads lying around but how many are actually launch capable at this time ?

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Assuming (yeah, yeah, I know about assuming) that these four countries were to somehow go to war with each other (rather farfetched, but who knows?) I'm thinking that of the survivors, the North koreans and
the Russians would be most likely to recover first, as they are less tech-reliant, with the U.S. not far behind: the U.S. is not too far removed from our westward expansion roots, and the toughness that it required to tame
the west. France would be the worst of the four because it doesn't seem to have the grit. and tough mindedness that it once had.
Of course we are working on the assumption that there would be anything left other than scattered, radiation poisoned, psychologically and physically traumatized people left.
I would . however, like to see what kind of society would crawl and claw its way up from the ashes. Interesting indeed.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
If i were the only person left on the planet i would probably make a harakiri[Jap., stomach cutting.]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
even if everyone and all life were killed...hopefully enough dna would float up through earthquakes and volcanic eruptions from the primordial muck thats beneath the earth and oceans.

it would take billions of years for the radiation to dissolve enough for life to evolve and take hold, and people most likely would evolve into a different humanoid type form...but there is a chance of it.

but anyway we wouldnt be here the way we are now, I dont think..unless a few mutant stragglers survived.

but we really dont know what forces are behind creation and it is quite possible the divine powers that be, may not allow mankind to destroy their creations, their animals, their people, their earth, and would short circuit the war. who the hell do people think they are anyway? fighting and blowing up everything all the time.. little hotheaded pissants is what I say!

If nothing else I am an original.

top topics

join