It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers begin seeing New Orleans spirits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Watch the news report
cbs5.com...@kpix.dayport.com

Pretty interesting. New Orleans always seemed to have a lot of haunted places. I guess we will start hearing many more stories when people begin coming back into the city to start their lives over again.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Thanks for the link, it's an interesting news story.

I'm glad the reporter covered it in a serious manner. After all the tragedy the city has befallen it's not surprising more entities are being seen and felt in there.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
They should see spirits, I also think Gdubya and the rest of the government, who didn't do enough, should have a first hand account of exactly what those poor souls felt like as they filled their lungs with water. Want to know exactly whether you did the right thing or not? Ask an empath to show you, maybe you won't wait till the last minute. I Know be careful what I wish for, but I do wish a spirit touches him and allows him to see exactly what it was like. Maybe then he may have a different view of things

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Nice find, andpau66 and it poses a question I have been wondering about recently. Ghosts are often linked with specific locations - the place they died, for example, or somewhere that was special to them in life. But what happens to the ghosts when these places are destroyed? Do they disappear, their link to the mortal world severed? Or do they linger in these places still? What do you guys think about this?

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
First of all, thanks for sharing this. If you will remember around the same time lapse after the tsunami hit in Indonesia and Thailand, reports started coming out from the Thai soldiers and citizens about the spirits they were hearing and seeing. Mainstream coverage quickly passed it off to the culture of the people being very superstitious. They'll have a harder time easily dismissing this one - which means they won't cover it at all short of this smaller SF station coverage.

The chaplain was taking this WAY serious...huh?

on the find!

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Well I should say that some ghosts do still hang around various places like where there homes once stood or where they passed away at even if the place physically is no longer there and a newer building is where the old one once stood, Gettysburg is an example there are so many hauntings there from the civil war, though the places where some soldiers died aren't there anymore and newer places now stand. So yes ghosts can haunt even the newest of buildings, sometimes they even stay attached to people and go with people place to place regardless of where their body once was, their spirit can travel or stay attached to others who are still living. There are far more hauntings then actually reported or investigated ships, homes, buildings, even just odd places like schools or churches or hotels etc.

new topics

top topics

join