It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Security Act + Roswell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Has anyone esle made this connection ? depends on what book you read the roswell crash happened July 8, 1947. Now U.S. President Harry S. Truman passed the National Security Act in July 26, 1947. whats that like 3 weeks after ?. What are the chances of the US govenment creating the is Act let alone in the same month of a supposed UFO crash ?. I think you have more chance winning lotto 6 weeks in a row.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by helium3
Has anyone esle made this connection ?

Sure have, and I don't think it is a coincidence. The National Security Act of 1947 is what led to even higher levels of secrecy by way of compartmentalizing. It was the biggest re-organization of the intelligence community, similar to the changes recently made with the Dept. of Homeland Defense. It was also when the Airforce was made a separate branch of the Military, which was previously under the command of the Army. It usually takes a major incident to drive something like this. The DoHD was created after 9/11.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Hal9000: The US has had many terrestrial treats and had the correct channels to handel them. But its makes sense to me that the first time that have a NON-terrestrial treat they have to invent new procedures and policies to not only handle the proplem BUT contain it....hense The National Security Act of 1947.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   

they have to invent new procedures and policies to not only handle the proplem BUT contain it....hense The National Security Act of 1947.

I think the higher level of secrecy was for the technology they were hoping to gain. Keep in mind, this was right after WW2 and the Manhattan Project, where they made the first atomic bombs. The problem was even with all the security there were still leaks on the design and eventually the Soviets were able to explode their own bomb in 1949. It wasn't so much to hide the event from the public as to keep it from our enemies at the time.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
It seems like this event triggered the "shadow government" as well.

Now that is was legal to keep secrets from the public, government was
no longer accountable to the public. Seems a lot of the troubles we have
with government today have to due with lack of accountability.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000

Keep in mind, this was right after WW2 and the Manhattan Project

True, But they achieved Manhattan Project and paper clip without the National Security Act. Which tells me that they had the correct channels to handel these projects. what eva happend at roswell SCARED THE S#%T out of them. When you consider that some of the scientist working on the Manhattan Project though the nuclear reaction mite trigger of a end of the world explosion. Yet the events of roswell still had more of an inpact ?

[edit on 22-9-2005 by helium3]

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthCanHurt
It seems like this event triggered the "shadow government" as well.

Now that is was legal to keep secrets from the public, government was
no longer accountable to the public. Seems a lot of the troubles we have
with government today have to due with lack of accountability.

This is true, lack of oversight and the phrase "plausible deniability" was born. Since politicians were not resposible they could not be held accountable. It has turned into a monster, and still affects us today.

what eva happend at roswell SCARED THE S#%T out of them. When you consider that some of the scientist working on the Manhattan Project though the nuclear reaction mite trigger of a end of the world explosion. Yet the events of roswell still had more of an inpact ?

At that time, yeah it was scary because no one knew if it was a prelude to invasion. But I think now after 60 years it is safe to say that is not the case. They would have invaded already. So why do they keep it secret still? I have no idea.

Edit: You might be interested in an old thread of mine on this same subject.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9/23/2005 by Hal9000]

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000

Keep in mind, this was right after WW2 and the Manhattan Project

True, But they achieved Manhattan Project and paper clip without the National Security Act. Which tells me that they had the correct channels to handel these projects. what eva happend at roswell SCARED THE S#%T out of them. When you consider that some of the scientist working on the Manhattan Project though the nuclear reaction mite trigger of a end of the world explosion. Yet the events of roswell still had more of an inpact ?

[edit on 22-9-2005 by helium3]

thats actually a great point, and one i never considered until now.

thanks!

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Yupe, the NSA and the fact that each President reserves the right to keep their private documents witheld and are free from reporting requirements of the FOIA makes it a perfect place to hid all the Rosewell documents. Thats why you will never find them and they will never be released.

When Truman penned into law the NSA of 1947 it included that very definition as being covered under the Private Presidential Documents clause (there is a "real" goverment names for this clause but it allaudes me at the moment). so Truman had all the correspondance in regards to Rosewell included in his private documents, that will remain forever veiled from the FOIA and Congress and from every other person on the planet. Considering only the President himself can grant access to those files. Essentially they are locked away in some storage box under some non discript container number in Truman's private document files, with no log and no living person to allow access to those files. The NSA being in charge of said files has the mandate of not allowing un-authorized access to these very files. You would need another act from a President that recinds the veil on these files of past Presidents to gain access. And Bingo you just linked JFK to Truman to Rosewell and provided a motive for why he was killed by his own Goverment.

JFK wanted to breach the privacy clause of the Presidents Private Documents because he felt the public had the right to know the truth whatever it was. He thought that if he could put the issue of the aliens or ufo's finally to bed, that the American public would be more on board to support the space inititives that he had set forth. Without fear of impending "alien invasion" we could put more money into exploring the solar system. Obviously the DoD didnt like money being taken out of their hands and given to the almost privately run Space agency. They desperately need to feed the fear cycle whether from a foreign country or from the possible threat of "aliens" may one day decided to invade earth. What better way then to keep the American public always wondering what really happened and the world to wonder what "secrets" America may know. DoD wants money to be spent here on the latest kill toy or plane, not to spend billions of dollars so that we can have another planet to explore and spend more money on getting a few hand full of people to go investigate. Especially if the reality is that there is nothing out there worth checking out (that we know of) except empty desolate space rocks.

new topics

top topics

join