It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Converting the many...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Hello! For our school newsmagazine, our photographs and images must be converted to CMYK TIFF before we can use them. Using Photoshop to do each image individually is quite tasking. Does anyone know of a program which can convert many at the same time to CMYK TIFF? Free would be nice, but we would be willing to use a pay version if needed.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
15 day trial AutoImager does batch conversions (What you want)

I know it does jpg to tif/tiff
Hopefully it does what you want, not really sure myself, but try it.

www.autoimager.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Unfortunately, Autoimager doesn't convert from RGB to CMYK. It does do the TIFF conversion though. Thanks anyway.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I would try googling for batch conversion of that, I mean how many files are you talking about? I'm going to ask a friend if he knows any good programs after lunch, if you're still in a jam.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kalapadea
I would try googling for batch conversion of that, I mean how many files are you talking about? I'm going to ask a friend if he knows any good programs after lunch, if you're still in a jam.

Yeah I looked up batch conversion a bit ago but nothing useful came up really. If you could ask your friend, I'd be very grateful!

Oh, and I mean about 75-100 files each time around.

[edit on 23-9-2005 by iceofspades]

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
He recommended CMYK+ fron Binuscan, but said it was expensive for what he got. (I still don't really know anything about the formats, but its his job, so I assume he does
)

I googled around, and found a free trial thingy, (I think).

Give it a shot I guess, he said he'd see if he could burn a copy. So hang tight.

www.versiontracker.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   

He recommended CMYK+ fron Binuscan, but said it was expensive for what he got. (I still don't really know anything about the formats, but its his job, so I assume he does
)

I googled around, and found a free trial thingy, (I think).

Give it a shot I guess, he said he'd see if he could burn a copy. So hang tight.

Sorry it took so long for me to reply, my computer is giving me trouble.

Anyway, the program looks great. But I don't know what on earth the developers were thinking with the price (around 1000 dollars). The program does indeed do great things, but very few things.

But I digress; thanks for your help! When you say he would burn a copy, do you also mean he wouldn't mind sending it?

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
In the days of snail mail and dial-up that would be true. I think what he means is send a download linkage.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   

In the days of snail mail and dial-up that would be true. I think what he means is send a download linkage.

That would be great! If he could send it by email to me ([email protected]) that would work, unless he had something else planned.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Yarrr, I'll begin bothering him to do that immediately, expect one up tonight. He owes me for fixing his mom.....s computer the other....week.

top topics

join