It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Support Kerry for 08?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
If you want to ofcourse. I hope this doesn't go aganist the rules.

www.johnkerryforamerica.com...

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I'm sorry, i just don't know if i can bring myself to support Kerry in 08. I was a supporter in 04, but i really felt as if the Kerry ticket let it's supporters down by not fighting as hard as they said they would (with the vote tallies).

I've got my fingers crossed that Mr Wes Clark takes another stab at the office though.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I'd rather support Hillary ... and I can't stand her.

Kerry doesn't even make it to 'has been' status.
He's a 'never was'. He should have been able to
walk right into the Oval Office. But he blew it.
His past blew it. His wife blew it for him.
Everything about him blew it.

Hang up Kerry. If you want a dem who can win
it's Hillary, or Lieberman, or Biden.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I would support a slug at this point, just as long as it's not a Republican. Hell, even independents couldn't have gotten us this screwed up in this amount of time.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
You have to wonder what makes a guy like Kerry think he could actually win in '08. Is it because all of the dirt on him, real or fabricated, is out in the open now. That combined with how badly Bush seems to be taking a nosedive in his second term? If the Democrats nominate Kerry then we can prepare ourselves for another four years of Republican hijinx.

BTW, did anyone see Condoleeza Rice on Meet the Press yesterday?

Here's the part of the show I'm referring to:

MR. RUSSERT: Before you go, I'd like to read something from The Washington Times. Headline: "Americans for Rice, a group that hopes to draft Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice as a presidential candidate in 2008, has paid for a 60-second ad to run in Des Moines, Iowa, on Tuesday night during ABC's `Commander in Chief,' a new show about a female president of the United States. Iowa, of course, traditionally holds the first presidential contest, a caucus system. The same ad appeared in New Hampshire...during the Sept. 27 broadcast of `Commander in Chief.' New Hampshire, of course, traditionally holds the first presidential primary."

Would you accept a position on the Republican ticket in 2008?

SEC'Y RICE: Tim, I'm flattered that people think of me in that way, but I think it was on your show that I said I don't know how many ways to say no. I really am--I'm not somebody who wants to run for office, haven't ever run for anything. I don't think I ever ran for high school president. And I think I'm doing what I need to do, which is to try and promote American foreign policy and American interests, the president's democracy agenda at an extraordinary time. And to the degree that I can do that across the world, that's what I'd better keep doing.

MR. RUSSERT: So you absolutely will not accept a position on the ticket in 2008?

SEC'Y RICE: Tim, I don't see it--I don't know how many ways to say no.

MR. RUSSERT: So no?

SEC'Y RICE: Tim, I don't know how many ways to tell people that this--I have no interest in being a candidate for anything.

MR. RUSSERT: Well, but no interest is different than no, absolutely no.

SEC'Y RICE: No.

MR. RUSSERT: Should they stop running that ad?

SEC'Y RICE: Tim, again, I appreciate and I'm flattered that people think of me in those terms, but it's not what I want to do with my life. It's not what I'm going to do with my life.

MR. RUSSERT: Secretary Rice, thanks very much.

Full transcript here: www.msnbc.msn.com...

Just answer the freakin' question lady..........YES or NO????? Man that woman is annoying!! While you're at it go get that gap in your teeth fixed for cryin' out loud!!!! Vote Biden in '08!!!!

Peace

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

How did he blow it? He almost won!

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Just answer the freakin' question lady..........YES or NO????? Man that woman is annoying!! While you're at it go get that gap in your teeth fixed for cryin' out loud!!!! Vote Biden in '08!!!!

Peace

She always has come right out and said "no" or "there's no chance" or "absloutly not" or "No, I'm going to go back to teaching".

This is really cool...She may be on the fence, considering going for it now...Sweeeeeet!

Thanks for the uplifting story, Dr. Love!!

EDIT: Forgot to comment on the original post!

I'd love it if Kerry were nominated by the Dems! I suppose they might some sympathy votes, but it would be a great move for the Republicans, all in all. Especially against Condi, she'd crush him!

[edit on 11-1-2005 by junglejake]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This two party system doesn't cut it and it should be deathly obvious by now that both parties have been bought and paid for by those corporate entites and million/billion dollar lobbyists.

Soft money anyone?

but hey, keep banging that head up against the wall hoping for a different result, us normal people who see this sham for what it is will one day be able to fit you into straight jackets and take you away, in the mean time we'll just stock up.

What size did you say you were again?

edit:spelling

[edit on 1-11-2005 by TrueLies]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
but hey, keep banging that head up against the wall hoping for a different result

And where will this hopeless attitude get you? Maybe into a Nihilist support group.

We have to try.. and I doubt someone like Kerry or Clark would sell out to those corps.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
I doubt someone like Kerry or Clark would sell out to those corps.

Of course not, they're better than that.

By the way, did you know that John Kerry served in Vietnam?

I do agree with your response to True Lies, though.

You can gaze out the window get mad and get madder, throw your hands in the air, say "What does it matter?" but it don't do no good to get angry, so help me I know JP

Yeah, you can go through your life thinking they're after you. You may even be right. If there's nothing you can do about it, though, why stress it?

Mod Edit: Fixed Link.

[edit on 4/11/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I guess you two didn't get the sarcasm... i don't want to have to do the "[/sarcasm]" thing as i thought people were smart enough to see it when its written, but if i have to to get the point across the way i intend then so be it, i will submit.

Can you also show us SteveR, that kerry never accepted softmoney from any corp?

I find that hard to believe.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
Can you also show us SteveR, that kerry never accepted softmoney from any corp?

Can you show us that he did? We know for sure though that the Republican party does :-D

NR

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
in 04 elections i wanted Kerry to win badley but now it doesnt matter, because both Bush and Kerry are the same. Kerry would most likely take things alot less agressive than Bush would. My vote wouldn't go for hillary either I dont think i'm even going to vote but i would get those shirts that say vote or die.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
John Kerry = failed public figure.

I am a Bush supporter, and even I knew that John Kerry had a strong edge to win in 2004, but he blew it. God, did he blow it. He never took a position on anything, and picked highly tort-lawyer for a running mate.

I do agree however that his wife also blew it big time, she would make outlandish statements almost every week, and don't even get me started about those dark glasses and big hats...

I find the whole thing to be highly enjoyable.

Now, Hillary is the only chance the Dems have in '08, and that chance will be gone if Rice runs and I think she will.

-- Boat

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Looks like Kerry has a chance afterall. Check the link.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I support Kerry in the light that this bozo is sure to gurantee another victory for the Republican party. On the other hand if he chose Hillary as a running mate, that might be a difficult ticket to defeat. Unless....Secretary Rice decides to run for the office of President. I don't see her being touchable if she makes it past the Primaries. She gets the Republican vote, the woman vote, and the minority vote. Trifecta!

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   

If Kerry gets the Democratic nomination again the Democrats are FUBAR. No way it happens. Do they really want to deal with the whole "flip-flopper" and "swift boat" fiascos again? If Kerry gets the nomination it would have to be because the elections truly are rigged, there would be no other explanation.

Peace

[edit on 28-12-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by SteveR
How did he blow it? He almost won!

Pure and simple: There isn't a prize for Second Place.

If the Democrats put him up once more, they will get beaten again it is that simple.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
Now, Hillary is the only chance the Dems have in '08, and that chance will be gone if Rice runs and I think she will.

-- Boat

I'd vote for Rice... But I don't know how many more ways she can say no.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Don't take this wrong people. But why would anybody want to support the guy who lost to one of the least supported Presdients ever?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join