It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush administration quietly gives up on WMD

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 07:13 PM
link   
WASHINGTON - President Bush (news - web sites) has changed his public rationale for the increasingly costly American military effort in Iraq (news - web sites). The once-heralded search for weapons of mass destruction is now little more than a footnote as Bush recasts Iraq into Ground Zero in a broader war against terrorism.

So downgraded has the hunt for such weapons become that Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said he didn't even bring it up when he met in Baghdad on Saturday with David Kay, the CIA (news - web sites) adviser heading the search.

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20030908/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_shifting_rationale&cid=544&ncid=1480

No #!

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Maybe..just maybe its because...THERE IS NO AND NEVER WAS ANY WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION! THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO TELL YOU MORONS FOR MONTHS BUT NOOOOOO, YOU DON'T WANT TO LISTEN TO ME.

WELL, LOOK AT YOU NOW, YOU'VE BEEN LIED TO ONCE AGAIN LIKE THE FOOLS THAT YOU ARE BY THE BUSH CRIME FAMILY AND AMERICANS ARE DYING BECAUSE OF IT AND YOUR "I SUPPORT THE TROOPS. KILL DEM "EYE-RAKIS!"

HOW LONG WILL YOU ALLOW YOURSELVES TO BE TREATED AS VAPID AUTOMOTONS THAT YOU ARE?

[Edited on 9-9-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Colonel

I believe most of the Bush supporters here have seen the WMD claims negated over time, and there would be few who cling tenaciously to the belief that they could be unearthed somewhere in a few square centimetres that have not been tested, retested and dug up over the past year since the UN recommenced the full inspections routine.

You are preaching to the converted.

Be prepared for other "sound" defenses of the illegal war - there will still be some to go through the stage of "Hussein had to be got rid of" and the odd "He gassed thousands of Kurds".

It has been important for the Bush admin to have layer upon layer of smokesreen built up.

But the current plummet in Bush approval ratings really do show that the deceit and lies haven't worked, you could take comfort in that.

Unless, maybe, you want some people to keep throwing rotten tomatoes at you. "I told you so" is not generally a viable message, people know the truth and that is enough a lot of the time.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 10:43 AM
link   
No, see, there are few converted here. There are mostly just republicans and their supporters here. And you need to tell them in the most forceful way possible over and over again because they are stupid, maybe the stupidest civilization on earth. It was never like that before but, it is now. They want to believe the right wing republican sickness that's swept the country.

And I have to do this so MAYBE...MAYBE they can raise their heads up from the vile repugnant vomit and swill and hear the truth.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I think you must be attracting the Repubs like bees to honey, Colonel. I seem to be in the company of raging libs and commie left wing pinkos most of the time, intent on bringing down the inherently corrupt and useless Bush admin. Maybe I should get about more - I haven't had a good mudbath in weeks.

Even so, Colonel, have you noticed how TRANQUIL you are over this?

(Refer Tranquility Base Thread)

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I agree with Colonel

There were never any WMD in Iraq anyway, hence the shift of rationale in the war.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 10:51 AM
link   
MA: I don't know how to fix that b/c I'm not tranquil. I'm not tranquil when I ma lied to daily by this war criminal and no one seems to care.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
I agree with Colonel

There were never any WMD in Iraq anyway, hence the shift of rationale in the war.

Thank you, Illmatic. Someone needs to tell these cretins the truth for their own good---even if they refuse to accept the medicine.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Never in Human History has there been as fine a family. All have served their country at GREAT physical, financial and emotional cost.

When Dubya owned the Texas Rangers they went to the National League Playoffs for the FIRST TIME... Have they been back since? NOPE.

When Sr. was president our economy was stregnthened and set up for the glorious rise of the nineties.

Heck, even their dogs are glorious beasts! And YOU contrive to call them a "Crime Family"?!

If you want to talk about a REAL "Crime Family" I would point you to Little Rock and Upstate New York...

Please...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
You nmust be high. Bush 2 is a desserter. Bush 1 is no war hero either.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Perhaps one of you staunch, insane left wingers could explain to me why you can't admit the fault of your own glorious figureheads? I think it's pretty unfair to lay the whole economic blame on Bush. Within 6 months of his entering the oval office, it was already in decline. Doesn't that sound odd to you? Although it was not the point of the war, Iraq, at one point or another, did have weapons of mass destruction. Colonel, lol, i think the last thing people here want is to be "converted". The reason the majority of us respond is because your posts are so amazingly ludicrous/hilarious.

[Edited on 9-9-2003 by goregrinder]

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
No, see, there are few converted here. There are mostly just republicans and their supporters here. And you need to tell them in the most forceful way possible over and over again because they are stupid, maybe the stupidest civilization on earth. It was never like that before but, it is now. They want to believe the right wing republican sickness that's swept the country.

And I have to do this so MAYBE...MAYBE they can raise their heads up from the vile repugnant vomit and swill and hear the truth.

See above.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   
You can take the cowardly option of not answering my question, but i'll repeat it for those who enjoy debate. WHY CAN'T YOU ADMIT THE WRONG DOING OF YOUR FAMED DEMOCRATS??? I'm NOT a republican by definition.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I have stated many many many times, with accompanying documentation, that the real reason for the war never had anything to do with WMD.

It was about the OPEC oil standard currency conversion, which would lead to a massive collapse of the US economy, and therefore this is a FAR worse threat to the US than WMDs ever would be.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I never thought it would come to this. I presumed they would plant some and 'find' them. Maybe it's too hard to pull off, maybe they are not that dishonest. Dunno.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Hey Colonel,

Just a hunch, but you listen to Mike Malloy don't you?

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   
On a daily basis, yep.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Mike Malloy is the man. He accurately depicts the abuse of power, the filth, the sleeze, and the corruption of the repugnants. He is a hero of the people.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Mike Malloy is the man. He accurately depicts the abuse of power, the filth, the sleeze, and the corruption of the repugnants. He is a hero of the people.

And about as credible as the "Peoples Champion" as well...

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Your use "Bush crime family" gave it away.

I probably listen to Malloy every other day or so. He's a very angry man....not that he doesn't have the right to be. He's a bit extreme for me but I like him because he's not the "wimpy liberal" that FMR tend to walk all over. He has what it takes to compete with the hate-mongering right wing talk show hosts like O'Reily and Limbaugh because he himself is a hate-monger. I'm almost scared to see what he's going to do if (and most likely when) Dubya wins the next election....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join