It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Pipeline To Chicago Shut Down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Just heard on CNN there will be disruptions for 1 to 3 weeks caused by Hurrican Rita. Betcha gas goes through the roof for a while.

cbs2chicago.com...

CBS) CBS 2 News has learned a major gas pipeline that starts in Texas and feeds the Chicago market has been shut down because of Hurricane Rita.

Prices at the pump are expected to rise, but that may only be the beginning of problems for the Chicagoland area.

This pipeline supplies the major distribution centers in the midwest. Almost all of the 26 refineries are shutdown now. Better get your gas now.

www.chron.com...

I just heard gasoline by the weekend may be $10 a gallon if this hurricane hits gas refineries in Texas," said Jim Faulk, a contract roofer working for FEMA.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Within the last month, the company has been running high presure test through our area (central Illinois). I'm not sure if this is the same pipeline, I did just look at the map of the pipeline from their web page, and it looks pretty close to our area. The company that ran the tests was Michel.

Another thought, my husband farms ground that covers the pipeline and a group of suits came up to survey the area after it was hit with a ripper (a tillage tool) when we were fall tilling. It was hit over a year ago.

The interesting thing is that one of the suits told my husband that the pipeline hadn't been used for several years and this gentleman also told my husband not to believe it if you hear there is a shortage....just wondering if they were preparing in the event of another hurricane!

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
i saw this on the news as well. no gas is going to stlouis, or to chicago. those are two major cities in the midwest who wont have gas. i am thinking ia,mo, il, ky,wi,and mn will all see shortages of some types. three weeks seems like a long time , and usually the goverment isnt straight with us so what if it is 6weeks . when will the gas in storage die up
i guess it all depends on how bad rita is.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
When Katrina came, the news said that northern Illinois gets much of its gas from Canada. And I've heard nothing recently about this. I don't think we'll have a problem.

new topics

top topics

join