It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have 15 minutes to evacuate your home forever, what do you take?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
You will never return, and never have the opportunity to collect your belongings. You have just 15 minutes.

What do you take with you?

Ill post mine in a bit..

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
My wallet, my computers screens and my surround sound system.

The rest is all insured for pritty much everything.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
My cat, his cat food, my towel, a roll of toilet paper, my shampoo, my toothbrush, my toothpaste, and my computer hard drive.

[edit on 22-9-2005 by Junkheap]

[edit on 22-9-2005 by Junkheap]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Not to judge you Matrix, and of course age and place in life will effect peoples answers, but you chose some real material things there.

Ill post mine:
- 5-7 days worth of clothing for me and my family
- Wallet, wifes purse
- Car keys, title, registration
- Mortgage, insurance, and other important paperwork like SS cards, birth cirtificates, etc
- Laptop PC with 100% of our photos and videos on it.
- My sons favorite two toys
- Perscription meds, eye glass persciption
- Digital camera
- Various supplies needed for my pets for at least 5 days

I wouldnt have an issue getting all of this together as all the paperwork, clothing, meds, etc are all in the same room. Id put my wife to work as well collecting this stuff.

The way I see it, everything I need to put my life back together is there. Everything else is replaceable.

EDIT: Thanks Junk, missed personal healthcare items

[edit on 22-9-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
For me and my family, it'd be:

My survival pack
My tattoo equipment (money)
My few boxes of MRE's (military food rations)
My kids
Our tents
Important papers
My survival and edible foods guides
My solar still (fresh water)
Tools

I would NOT follow the masses, I would go my own way - somewhere isolated. We already have our plan, for the most part. Thanks for posting this, it reminds me to further perfect our emergency routine.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Ahh, the kind of thing I plan for every day of my life...shows how screwed up I am. 15 minutes is above the ammount of time i develop my pack and strategy around, but I can work with that

+ Extended Survival Pack
+ One Rifle, One Handgun, all the ammo for both
+ Writing supplies
+ Clothes for both seasons
+ Any canned goods in the cabinets

And as a final f-u gesture to whatever was causing me to vacate my house I would burn the rest...nothing for the scavenger scum who would surely come by to pick through the leftovers. Why the 15 minute time frame though? Wouldnt it be more realistic to have it be 2 to 5 minutes to ensure a speedy departure?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
My dog, a pistol and ammo, my blankey

oh yeah, my other pistol and a shotgun.

[edit on 22-9-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
my animals,
my photo albums,
my family (first choice!)
my designer clothes
my shoes!!!

oni x x

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
my dog nad some food, gather my favorite clothes (and personal care stuff stuff), my toolbag, digi cam, laptop. wallet cellphone etc, family pics (me and my gf etc) and the guns, hop in my honda and id be out

oh yeah and my medicine, and all that good stuff, i could gather all that junk up in like 10 mins easy

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a whole lotta booze and spliffs.

I mean hell if I gotta leave it's not like it's going to be fun so I gotta do wht I gotta do to get by.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It depends on the reason. If it's a disaster of some sort and we won't be able to get water and food elsewhere:

Animals (2 cats, 2 dogs)
Food for all of us
Water for all of us (already in containers)
Wallet and purse
laptop
House file (papers)
A few clothes
Hiking boots
meds
Animal first aid box
survival box (containing can opener, matches, batteries, flashlight, first aid kit, etc., already packed)
camping gear (dishes, food prep, towels, toiletries, sleeping bags, tent, already packed)
A few things I won't mention here for privacy reasons.

Oh... and Lysergic!

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Laptop
Clothes
iPod

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Family

Food and water. Already on hand.

Necessary meds.

Fireproof safe (contains all the important paperwork, cd backups of photos, cash, etc.)

Clothes

2 prepacked rubbermaid storage containers from the garage containing the camping and survival gear. A few fishing poles and tackle.

A few weapons and ammo from the gunsafe.

The dogs with food. (Could be used as food if it came down to it.)

The various gas cans in the garage already filled with fuel. About 70 gallons.

Depending on what we were evacuating from either both vehicles( in case one breaks down during the evacuation) along with my trailer which contains my tools for work(so I can get a job quickly when we arrive where we are going)

or

get to the boat where we could be in the Chesapeake Bay in well under 30 minutes( if I ignore the no wake signs) from there we could assess the situation and decide where to go.

[edit on 25/9/05 by Skibum]

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
0. Family
1. Food
2. Water
3. All the guns, all the ammo and all the melee weapons.
4. Our fortune of silver, bullion and tender, put together for such a situation.
5. Cat
6. Radio
7. Gas
8. A few things to barter with

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Depends on how im escaping. In fifteen minutes I could pack a hell of a lot of stuff into a truck etc.

For me it would be the musical equipment, money, ID, pets, a water supply and some food.

Oh and the leather couch if time permits.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Totaly depends on why I am escaping. Food, water clothes, dogs, tools, meds, first aid kit, hunting equip. All while my husband hooks up the camper. If need be, mason jars, salt, sugar, and gardening tools, fishing poles and tackel box....yarn and hook, needle and thread.....I could pack just about anything in 15 min.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The family, the dog, and all our family pictures and movies.
Our survival back packs (we each have one).
Everything else can be replaced.
People, pets, pictures and movies can not be.

[edit on 9/25/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Having survived evacuation hell from Hurricane Rita, and knowing 15 minutes would get me nowhere, I wold:

1. kiss my butt goodbye!
2. take a hot shower and go to bed with a bag of pretzels and a good book.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
- Money
- Cellphone
- Shoes
- 14 minutes headstart

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I guess I should say this isnt a situation where civilization ends or something like that. Its more of a "you need to get our right now or else" and starting over is a given, for just you, not everybody.

So all the poeple who mentioned taking guns and heading for the hills I did not comunicate my question as intended.

I mena, what do you feel is more important tha anything else and needed more than anything else.

<<   2 >>

join