It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not only heartbreaking, but infuriating.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Two paramedics stranded in New Orleans in the wake of hurricane Katrina give their account of self-organisation and abandonment in the disaster zone

Summary:
This first-hand account gives you an intimate look at the complete failure of the system to provide for the victims of hurricane Katrina. Racism, ignorance, disinformation, and hostility faces them everywhere as they attempt to evacuate the city. At one point the local sheriff’s department steals their rations at gun-point. It is also a story that needs to be heard, of community and of local heroes that helped wherever they could.

Source 1: WARNING: BAD WORD USED IN ARTICLE.
HERE I provided just a hotlink instead of a url because there is a bad word used in the url.

Also reprinted here: WARNING: BAD WORD USED IN ARTICLE.
www.copvcia.com...

Take your pick, either link, same story. Anyone seen this yet? Sorry if it has been posted already.

So this is what it's comes down to, huh. When push comes to shove, those with the biggest guns are probably going to win. And we all know who has the biggest guns.

This very sad, and from so many different angles. Before I dive into some long dissertation, I will leave it here pending further comments.

join