It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uses of Anti-Gravity Propulsion?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me some of the possible and possible future uses if we develop anti-gravity propulsion? Would it lead to light speed travel, time travel, or just other less amazing things.

How would it revolutionize our world?

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 06:52 PM
link   
That is a very broad question!

A lot of it depends on what you consider Gravity to encompass. "Anti-Gravity" is a bit ambiguous to say the least.
Imagine a 747 size vehicle with no need for a runway or huge amounts of jet fuel. A space shuttle that just rockets into space without the rockets. A car without tires. Trains without tracks. The list is endless really.

To me it's the "Holy Grail" so to speak.

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Basically, you would get Area 51 and the USAF X Craft...

Keep in mind, we've had this technology operational since at least the 1950s.

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The real question is the power source. The ways I've seen anti-gravity describe require tremendous amounts of juice. Nuclear? Could be. Tough to engineer though.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Skateboards like from Back to the Future 2

Ground to space travel at a fraction of the cost

Interplanetary jumpships

Lighter aircraft (less inertia means more safety)

3-D roadways (rush hour traffic would cease to exist for at least a while--decades perhaps)

Ultra-light furnature (A new way to enjoy your new Lazy-Boy recliner)

Beds that literally seem to float on air

New devices for large-scale construction to reduce build times and hazards

An increase in the current speed-barrier of aircraft (faster because of less friction and weight)

Air-Jordans that can make someone who is 4ft tall dunk on a 35 foot hoop

The ability to bend spacetime (wormholes)

Etc.

OK, so a lot of these ideas are far from reality right now, but the idea of manipulating gravity has far reaching consequences. One might also ask what you could do with increased gravity, as well. The applications are much greater than we can currently perceive.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 05:25 PM
link   
To me it does not make alot of sense to put alot of our funding into this. If you think about it, alot of stuff that starts out as military, ends up going into the civilian status and open to anyone who has enough cash to purchase it. Right now are main thing is the War On Terrorism. Well, if we do end up investing in this, it means people could easily take off from any place that could fit the vehicle, then easily crash into any political, or even standard building.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Although I believe your statement is completely valid, I must draw attention to the fact that military spending is only for the purpose of advancing society. Sure, defense is a necessity, but in a capitalistic economy, even the defense department is expect to produce some sort of capitalistic result. The emergence of new technology and trained personnel are the main products that come out of the military.

Just because antigravity has dangerous prospects without any knowledge of what it would actually be like to see flying highways, the fact remains that fear should not deter one from progress. I do not have a solution in mind to the problem of someone ramming into a building with a small antigravity vehicles, but I'm sure that someone out there might have a good answer. I still believe information about antigravity should come out to further the progress of society. In an economy, religion, or society, stagnation will be the final blow... and this same rule will go for the US if it does not continue to develop cutting edge technology and products to peak the interests of consumers.

My assumption is that the revenue generated by the emerging technology would have more than enough left over to create new forms of security, including repellant devices to reduce collisions with buildings or other flying vehicles.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   
If anti-gravity existed in a small enough form to fit into an aircraft or auto,it could be installed to counteract the effects of vehicle weight.
Like an aircraft which is nearly weightless,it would be far quicker to accelarate,and would be way more efficient,the same with a car,you could propel it to high speeds quckly with a very small motor.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by uNBaLaNCeD
If anti-gravity existed in a small enough form to fit into an aircraft or auto,it could be installed to counteract the effects of vehicle weight.
Like an aircraft which is nearly weightless,it would be far quicker to accelarate,and would be way more efficient,the same with a car,you could propel it to high speeds quckly with a very small motor.

Hmmm.... doesnt that seem to meet the observed flight characteristics of most all UFO sightings around Area 51?

This is also the described flight characteristics of the TR-3B and other USAF X Craft...

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I wonder though, would it be possible to use anti-gravity to cancel the effects of inertia? As many ufo craft make sudden maneuvers that would leave a person unconscious or dead, unless there were some way to counteract the tendency of matter to keep moving in the direction the force was first applied.

[Edited on 9-12-2003 by William One Sac]

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
I wonder though, would it be possible to use anti-gravity to cancel the effects of inertia? As many ufo craft make sudden maneuvers that would leave a person unconscious or dead, unless there were some way to counteract the tendency of matter to keep moving in the direction the force was first applied.

[Edited on 9-12-2003 by William One Sac]

According to the experiments conducted by Thomas Townsend Brown in the 1950s prior to Project Winterhaven, yes.

According to his findings, the use of the Brown/Beifield effect created a bubble contained within the electric field, and there was essentially no inertia with respect to the contents of that field. In theory, such a vehicle could achieve any level of G force loads with no detectable loads on the contents/crew of such a vehicle.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 06:58 PM
link   
....and the occupants of the craft were within that field,would they not be effected by the field the same way?,becoming weightless or nearly weightless right along with the craft?,that would solve your inertia problem wouldn't it?.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by uNBaLaNCeD
....and the occupants of the craft were within that field,would they not be effected by the field the same way?,becoming weightless or nearly weightless right along with the craft?,that would solve your inertia problem wouldn't it?.

I dont know if such a system would make the occupants of such a craft weightless or not. However, the documentation does specify that there would likely be no difference in inertia between the vehicle and any contents, as the entire package, contained within the electric field (vehicle, contents, and even the atmosphere immediately against the skin of the craft) would react and be acted up at the exact same instant.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   
www.americanantigravity.com...
?

[Edited on 13-9-2003 by uNBaLaNCeD]

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Link didnt work for me, but I believe I have seen it yes. If its the one I am thinking of, its a compilation of "lifter" projects.

I notice that the "scientific authorities" who investigate such technologies tend to write it off as "ion wind"..... strange that Thomas Townsend Brown didnt know anything about "ion wind" in the 1950s... and successfully flew his vehicles in a vaccuum...

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Dr, the site is updated. It includes different antigravity theories and craft now...

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Oh yeah, it is the same link that I referenced in my previous thread.

To be honest, MHD propulsion is the only one that I have researched to any great extent. I have heard of some of the others (mercury vortex, ect), and do not know how effective or feasible they are.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Protector
Skateboards like from Back to the Future 2

Ground to space travel at a fraction of the cost

Interplanetary jumpships

Lighter aircraft (less inertia means more safety)

3-D roadways (rush hour traffic would cease to exist for at least a while--decades perhaps)

Ultra-light furnature (A new way to enjoy your new Lazy-Boy recliner)

Beds that literally seem to float on air

New devices for large-scale construction to reduce build times and hazards

An increase in the current speed-barrier of aircraft (faster because of less friction and weight)

Air-Jordans that can make someone who is 4ft tall dunk on a 35 foot hoop

The ability to bend spacetime (wormholes)

Etc.

OK, so a lot of these ideas are far from reality right now, but the idea of manipulating gravity has far reaching consequences. One might also ask what you could do with increased gravity, as well. The applications are much greater than we can currently perceive.

I would like to see that coming true. Stil hoping that I later on can go and travel by a flying car � la Back to the future.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Moller Sky Car.

www.moller.com...

And just think,with anti-grav tech,you could fit it with some 05 r/c car motors and fly away electric.

(tripping the sky electric,doy)
SORRY ABOUT THE FANS,but we just have to work with what we have to work with ,until something sexier comes along.

[Edited on 13-9-2003 by uNBaLaNCeD]

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   
thanks for the link but i allready knew about that but I fancy the cars in Back to the future 2 more than one with fans.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join