It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Orleans & Katrina + Rita

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   
There is something that isn't sitting right with me regarding the fact that after a Cat3/4 hurricane (Katrina) devastates New Orleans, Houston, the place most of the refugees are taken is on course to be hit by a CAT5 (Rita)! Cat5s don't happen very often, they are as rare as F5 tornadoes.

Last night when I saw the weather pictures on the news, the first thought I had was "Oh My Lord! It's chasing them!" Them being the people of New Orleans. My rational mind wants to think this is pure bunk, but I am wondering if someone hasn't released something bad, really bad, that is centering on the Gulf of Mexico. (Please remember, Mexico is in just as much danger from this particular hurricane as the USA is.)

I am interested in others comments about this. I realize this may sound like the ravings of a madwoman, but my mind keeps wandering back to that thought -- and I have spoken to others who reluctantly agree that this is the case. Many of those agreeing are not folks I would normally would think would.

I don't remember where I read this, and I didn't give it much credence at the time, but somewhere I had heard that some group had had a voodoo ceremony go very bad and they released a bit of bad juju that may be causing Katrina and Rita to be as bad as they are.

I am praying for those who are in its path. There has been too much death and destruction.

Pax.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
here are some webpages i found stating the probability of category 5 hurricanes hitting land and also listing all the ones in US history that have ever hit us.

this kind of makes the situation more spooky. but i dont think it is the government forming them like some people are saying. but that is just my opinon.

history of catagory 5 hurricanes

and here is a list of all category 5 Atlantic hurricanes since records began in 1886 from the national climatic data center

NCDC source of hurricane info since 1886

and here are the hurricane probabilites for the continental U.S. it shows a chart that shows the probability of any hurricane hitting that place and at all and then another chart showing the probability of a MAJOR hurricane hitting that place.

Continental US hurricane probability chart

hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
DigitalGrl

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Doesn't a hurricane expend alot of the available heat energy in it's path for the next storm? And just out of curiosity, how many hurricanes have ballooned from a Cat1 to a Cat5 in two days as Rita has?

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
twitchy,

i was wondering that myself and i was watching the weather channel the other night and a meteorologist was explaining that very thing. he said that those golf waters are like no other water area around and that they actually have raised by 1 degree this year. and while the waters had cooled off some because of Katrina they warmed up a considerable amount in the week afterwards and the acceleration process of a hurricane has always leeped pretty quickly once it hits those warm gulf waters.

Kind Regards,
DigitalGrl

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I got this from the NCDC source of hurricane info since 1886 that DigitalGrl provided...

10 Donna Sept. 4, 1960
11 Ethel Sept. 15, 1960

Two category fives, and in an even less time span that Rita and Katrina. And then, a year later...

12 Carla Sept. 11, 1961
13 Hattie Oct. 30, 1961

So sure, it hasn't happened since the 60s, but still, it's happened before.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
My boyfriends mom mentioned today when i was at his house that she heard that there is a cycle like this of extreem hurricanes every 30 years or or so....i guess she was right. thanks for pointing that out CMD....i didnt even catch onto that and it was my own link lol. oh well.

Thanks,
DigitalGrl

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
sorta funny that they hit and will hit where thet hit. 2 major shipping and oil areas...............i just saying. any mathamiticians what to calculate the odds????

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
yea
the oil refinerys in TX are the number one place where we dig for oil and refine it. and NO was the 2nd or 3rd. and let me tell you i am REALLY excited about how the gas prices are going to go up this time arent you?!?!?!?!?!

seriously....i feel like dancing
:

Kind Regards,
DigitalGrl

top topics

join