It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's called Global Warming, stupid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
just to follow up, this is not my claim and I can neither prove nor disprove it but, here's the claim made by Al Gore (which I believe):

There are no peer-reviewed articles in any scientific publications that state anything other than the fact that global warming is a fact - there is no confusion in the real scientific community.

Further, it was stated as a fact that any so-called scientific articles attempting to cast doubt about whether global warming is here and now are written by scientists in the employ of the big energy companies.

Basically, we're seeing Big Oil using exactly the same methods and tactics that were used for so long by Big Tabacco. Indeed, un-sourced inside information that has been leaked shows that Big Oil fully expects that they will eventually be busted on this just like Big Tabacco was but, they feel the campaign of disinformation will buy them another 10 years or so and that's worth every penny.

Can anybody provide reliable evidence to discount any of these points? I'm listening....

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Just saw this today:

The powerful ocean current that bathes Britain and northern Europe in warm waters from the tropics has weakened dramatically in recent years, a consequence of global warming that could trigger more severe winters and cooler summers across the region, scientists warn today.

www.guardian.co.uk...

If this tread continues, Im thinkin the Northern hemisphere is screwed.

[edit on 1-12-2005 by LDragonFire]

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
www.magazine.noaa.gov...

Nov. 29, 2005 — The nation is now wrapping up the 11th year of a new era of heightened Atlantic hurricane activity. This era has been unfolding in the Atlantic since 1995, and is expected to continue for the next decade or perhaps longer. NOAA attributes this increased activity to natural occurring cycles in tropical climate patterns near the equator. These cycles, called “the tropical multi-decadal signal,” typically last several decades (20 to 30 years or even longer). As a result, the North Atlantic experiences alternating decades long (20 to 30 year periods or even longer) of above normal or below normal hurricane seasons. NOAA research shows that the tropical multi-decadal signal is causing the increased Atlantic hurricane activity since 1995, and is not related to greenhouse warming. (Click NOAA image for larger view of North Atlantic tropical storms and hurricanes, 1851 - 2004. Click here for high resolution version. Please credit “NOAA.")

So much for the global warming theory on the hurricane strength, etc. Looks more like its part of how the world works.
Man, look at that pic with all those hurricanes coming from Africa.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
What this quote..

"The powerful ocean current that bathes Britain and northern Europe in warm waters from the tropics has weakened dramatically in recent years, a consequence of global warming that could trigger more severe winters and cooler summers across the region, scientists warn today. "

should say is...

"The powerful ocean current that bathes Britain and northern Europe in warm waters from the tropics has weakened dramatically in recent years, a consequence of a natural global warming that could trigger more severe winters and cooler summers across the region, scientists warn today. "

Thats what it should say. Since this entire "global warming" process started thousands of years ago. The term "global warming" has been so misused that people associate that term with something due to man. Global warming is a natural process that started thousands of years ago and will eventually end and we will enter a natural state of global cooling.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
With all this talk about warming I have a chilling tale to tell. I was talking to a family member in Germany. They had a storm in November that dumped 2 feet of snow. It was one of the worst winter storms to hit the region in recent memory. The amazing thing was that it happened in November. Two feet of snow closes autobahns, rail stations and bus routes. You just don't get rid of 2 feet of snow that fast.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
True that, Indy, this is a natural process.
Regardless of the reason, is it agreed that there's going to be a serious need of run on blankets sometime in the future?

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
When this ends up happening we will need more blankets, heating oil, and we will need to move our farms further south.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
What I would like to know is Why its is getting so much worse in the last 12 years? Base on the article I posted on my last post?

Could when Saddam torched the oil fields have something to do with it? Our Sun? Personally its naive to think that humans with there pollution are not at least partly to blame, But why does it seem to be getting faster?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join