It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skeptic Overview 05

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   

PODcast: Skeptic Overview 05
Edition number five brings another mix challenge for 30,000 points, some snippets of ATS podcasts, more looks at complaints, a peak at member applications, and information about a new podcast contest for the ATS feed.

length: 22:08
file: atspodcast_301.mp3
size: 7784k
feed: ats

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
GREAT work, SO! Keep it coming. ...and I especially like it when you mention my work.

Hearing different people's voices is so cool. I mean - who here thought Benevolent Heretic was a woman?! Anyone? ...but she is. Go figure. And the Observer - what a thoughtful, deep kinda guy. Another keeper.

So hey guys - go for the double hit. Surf the forums while you listen to the podcasts. There be gold there.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I want, and I'm being selfish, SkepticOverlord's comments here on ATS now, tomorrow and the next day. Podcasts I suppose are important but SkepticOverlord's thoughts are needed here too. Need his continual experienced ATS input.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I love the little compilation of some of the ATS podcasts, it really shows you the diversity of topics and the people discussing them.

It's been great watching the Podcasts take off, especially with the podcast reply deature. TrueAmerican's thread regarding foreign language signs springs to mind. It's awesome!

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
well parrhesia, thanks, but in fact, it really doesn't fit with the topics covered on ATS, and in retrospect, I shouldn't have done it- along with another one that I can think of. Sorry for trying to be nice, and thanks for keeping u2u's confidential. I will join most of ye that want to speak in tounges.

But apparently some sincere people wanted to talk about it, so as long as they reply, I suppose I will try to reply in kind. I really appreciate sincere people.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
well parrhesia, thanks, but in fact, it really doesn't fit with the topics covered on ATS, and in retrospect, I shouldn't have done it- along with another one that I can think of. Sorry for trying to be nice, and thanks for keeping u2u's confidential. I will join most of ye that want to speak in tounges.

But apparently some sincere people wanted to talk about it, so as long as they reply, I suppose I will try to reply in kind. I really appreciate sincere people.

TA,

What exactly are you talking about?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas

Soficrow
I want, and I'm being selfish, SkepticOverlord's comments here on ATS now, tomorrow and the next day. Podcasts I suppose are important but SkepticOverlord's thoughts are needed here too. Need his continual experienced ATS input.

Dallas

...erm... SO posted a podcast. I said, "GREAT work, SO! Keep it coming," and focused on his podcast coverage. Sorry - I don't get your difficulty.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
There is 30,000 BTS Points up for grabs here!

No one has even tried to guess the 4 songs!

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Is number 3 addicted to love by Robert Palmer

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Nope, and staff can't play.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
It's funny how you kept saying it is easy, yet no one has got it.

I suck at these things, but maybe this will just help someone else win

1. AC\DC
2. Led Zeplin
3. AC\DC
4. Led Zeplin, D'yer mak'er

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
No one has even tried to guess the 4 songs!

Ohhhh! That is sooo not true! I have tried! I have tried! I KNOW that I KNOW all of these songs, but my brain is no help here...
I got nothing!

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Are any of these the right songs?

Beatles – Everybody’s got something to hide ‘cept for me and my monkey
Aerosmith - Walk this way
The Who - I can see for miles

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
LOL...This contest reminds of of an old episode of WKRP where Johnny Fever was running a 'name these tunes' contest with a cash giveaway the station couldn't really afford, so the snippets were almost impossible to guess, but someone got them all, freaking Fever out as to how the station could cover the prize (and keep his job) ...LOL...J/K

Hmmm.. "bit of a rock'n' roll theme" - could this imply that 'rock 'n' roll' is actually in the title as well? Maybe?, Maybe not?...if so I'll guess

The Moody Blues - I'm Just a Singer in a Rock 'N' Roll Band
Led Zeppelin - Rock 'N' Roll
Rolling Stones - It's Only Rock'N'Roll
Rick Derringer - Rock 'N' Roll Hoochie Koo

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Ok, this is hard

Rock And Roll - Led Zeppelin
Communications Breakdown - Led Zeppelin
Stiff Upper Lip - AC/DC
Rock 'N' Roll Hoochie Koo - Rick Derringer

new topics