It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aiding the Reconstruction of Hurricane Katrina

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I wasn't sure where to post this, so if it needs to be moved, my bad.

I'm wondering where I can find information on finding employment in aiding the demolition and reconstruction of the area hit by Hurrican Katrina. Last week I was laid off from a general contracting/electrical company that had government/military contracts out here in So Cal. Work was coming to an end for a while . We had four locations that were all ending between this month and next. The company only had two bids in limbo-which they weren't sure that they were going to get either, so they were forced to make some layoffs. My boss gave me the excuse that the war in Iraq is affecting the funds for projects over here. I know, wah, wah, blah, blah.

Anyway, I thought it would be cool to use my construction skills (utility tech, back hoe operator-digging & breaking, Pettybone operator, laborer, concrete work, etc) for a good cause. I would like to do it for free, but unfortunetly I cannot.

I'm currently helping my friend's dad cut and grade a two million dollar house(that's going to be awesome)and he said that someone had asked him if he could take his loader out there to do some demolition work. I guess they are looking for people, but I can't find out where? I went to both FEMA and ACE sites but all I could find at ACE was applications to help repair roofs. Anyone know where I can go to put my skills to use? I'd appreciate it.

join