It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: High Ranking Officials Dead In Mexican Helicopter Crash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Mexico's head of Federal Police Tomas Valencia and Secretary of Public Security Ramon Martin Huerta are believed to be onboard a helicopter which is missing in a mountainous area near Mexico City. The pilot had reported an emergency to the control tower at Mexico City's airport. Four other passengers were onboard the craft as well as the pilot and co-pilot. Mexico's president has been informed of the missing helicopter.

www.news.com.au

"Yes, the secretary was on board the helicopter," Mr Aguilar said.

"We have not been able to contact Ramon Martin Huerta, but we do not know if he was in an accident."

President Vicente Fox has been informed the Bell 412 helicopter is missing, but is keeping to his official agenda as the authorities search for the craft.

The helicopter was en route from the capital to the La Palma high-security prison when it disappeared over a mountainous zone covered in heavy cloud.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Yet another air mystery. There has been a spate of officials going down in plane crashes and helicopters lately and especially in the south American region.

Edited Title To Reflect Stumason's Update

[edit on 21-9-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Seems all are deader than a dodo.....

Mexico minister dies in air crash

The man leading the fight against the Mexican drug trade, the public security minister, Ramon Martin Huerta, has been killed in a helicopter crash.
He was among nine people who died when their aircraft went down in mountains near Mexico city, President Vicente Fox has confirmed.

The head of the federal police was also among the dead.

Mr Huerta, a close friend of Mr Fox, was on his way to a top security jail. The cause of the crash is unclear.

He had been leading efforts to stop a wave of drug-related violence that has killed hundreds of people this year.

Source...The Good old Beeb

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Hmm.... thats rather weird. I really do feel bad for the Mexican people right now.

However it makes me wonder what's up with that. I mean, I didn't think Mexico was lacking resources enough were they'd stick two highly important officials on one helicopter. Maybe I'm wrong.

But since this is coming, anybody think sabatoge? You know, maybe it was drug lords trying to protect themselves. Maybe the CIA did it to protect their supposed drug trafficking.

I'm not too sure about it, but I'm just tossing a few ideas here.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Hmm.... thats rather weird. I really do feel bad for the Mexican people right now.

However it makes me wonder what's up with that. I mean, I didn't think Mexico was lacking resources enough were they'd stick two highly important officials on one helicopter. Maybe I'm wrong.

But since this is coming, anybody think sabatoge? You know, maybe it was drug lords trying to protect themselves. Maybe the CIA did it to protect their supposed drug trafficking.

I'm not too sure about it, but I'm just tossing a few ideas here.

If it was in a remote location, it is quite possible that they would travel by helo. Just unfortunate it crashed. I am sure that if wrong-doing was supected, they would come out and say it, gives them more the reason to crack down on the cartels.

new topics

top topics

join