It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Cindy Sheehan Heads To Washington

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Cindy Sheehan is packing up camp outside President Bush's ranch in Crawford texas, ahead of hurricane Rita and heading off to Washington. A series of protests and rallies are planned by Mrs Sheehan in the nations capital to spread her message further. A large demonstration is planned this weekend and a march took place down Pennsylvania Avenue with around 30 supporters to deliver a letter to president Bush.

www.news.com.au
l

"We want to hold this administration accountable. Nobody's asking them the hard questions but you know what, we're willing to come here," said Mrs Sheehan, the California mother whose son Casey was killed in combat in Iraq.

"We're willing to spend weeks out of our lives and ask them the hard questions," she said after handing a poster-sized petition through the iron gates of the White House to a staff member who promised to deliver it.

The fledgling movement appeared to stall after the protesters left Mr Bush's ranch, largely overshadowed by the Hurricane Katrina catastrophe. Though a second powerful hurricane now threatens the Gulf coast, the protesters said the fighting in Iraq didn't stop because of hurricanes or other bad news.

"There's still a war on," Mrs Sheehan said on Capitol Hill. "Nine Americans were killed yesterday in Iraq. We will end this war. We will bring the troops home."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Oragnizers are predicting thousands of people will turn out to the demonstrations on the weekend. I personally would believe that both sides will be well represented, the pro and anti war movement with both sides trying to get their points across very vocally.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Mayet, Sheehan left Texas a long time ago, lately she's been in New York bugging Hillary Clinton:

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

It's interesting to note Katrina blew her off the front pages when she was in Texas and now her big Washington speech is scheduled for the same day Rita will hit Texas...doubt she'll get much MSM coverage.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I really wish someone would shut this woman up. Honestly what good is this doing anyone? All she is doing is running her mouth. Yes its a tragedy that she lost her son in Iraq. It however is a sad reality of war. Chances are her son knew what he was getting himself into and the possibility that he could be killed or injured. I listened to one of her speeches in texas. The only thing she is doing dragging her son's name thru the mud over and over again. The one question I have is this. Who is she really doing this for? Herself or her son? Thats the real story here. Chances are she will get either a book deal or a some sort of movie deal and she will be paid well for. So once again I ask who this is all for?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
She's in mental shock. Her ADULT son volunteered and died for
a cause that she doesn't believe in. She calls the murderous
insurgents who killed her son 'freedom fighters'. Her husband
left her and her family publically disagrees with her. Now she's
just spouting anti-Hillary lines. She's a sad spectical in need
of mental health help, which she isn't getting.

The news will be full of Katrinia clean up and Rita coverage.
Cindy will have to come up with something new to bump them
off the TV news. With her sanity well on the way to being
gone, one can only speculate on what stunt she'll pull.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Like a flower whose time has come to wilt...Cindy and her cause will be forgotten soon. Nice try, though. For all mothers out there, Cindy, you gave it a good shot.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
GO CINDY GO CINDY GO CINDY GO CINDY GO CINDY GO CINDY!
up:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I will be unable to join Cindy in Washington, but my little grandson and I will be handing out "War Is Not The Answer" yard signs here in Cape Coral on Saturday. I do not want my sons, daughters, or grandchildren to serve as cannon fodder for the purposes of the corporate entities that control our military. I pray that all our troops get to come home soon. Feel free to let loose your venom on me. I am strong and I can take it, I am an American Woman, Mother, Grandmother, Patriot. Bring it on!

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whompa1
I really wish someone would shut this woman up.

Funny, I saw that about all the pro war BS that gets rammed down my throat every day..

On a serious note, this woman can continue to NOT shut up as long as she wants.

It is called freedom of speech. Dont like it? I am sure China would welcome you, fascist.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I wish the media would just move on. Let's face it, she's doing nothing new, it's time to move onto more important stories. Her protest was blown way out of proportion.

Now in the meantime, do any of you know how she's paying for all of this? Just out of curiousity. Seriously, she can't possibly have a paying job while protesting across the country like this. And didn't someone mention that her husband left her? I get the feeling at this rate she'll be out of money real quickly. You can't just go from where ever she's from, go to Crawford, and then to Washington on pocket change.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by LogansRun

It is called freedom of speech. Dont like it? I am sure China would welcome you, fascist.

Do you even read anything before you type? Yes, good one. I'm a fascist because I disagree with the crap spewing from this womans mouth on a 24/7 basis. I'm honestly sad her son was killed. Just as I am for every service person who has lost their life. But it is a war and this is what happens in a war good people on both sides of the fence die every day. Like I said in my orginal post, she is'nt doing her son's memory one bit of good. Her husband has left her and her family is falling apart around her. So answer me this Mr.Wizard, what has her temper tantrum accomplished? Not a damn thing. Troops are still in iraq and afghanistan with no immediate plans to leave anytime soon. Everyone is sick of her and her attitude about the whole thing. You don't honor your son's memory by taking a cross country bus ride and sucking up media spotlight every chance you get.

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Now in the meantime, do any of you know how she's paying for all of this? Just out of curiousity. Seriously, she can't possibly have a paying job while protesting across the country like this. And didn't someone mention that her husband left her? I get the feeling at this rate she'll be out of money real quickly. You can't just go from where ever she's from, go to Crawford, and then to Washington on pocket change.

When this little campaign of her's was honestly about her son it was all her. Now that it has morphed into this bloated joke its being funded by moveon.org and the other groups that were against bush in his push for relection. Thats who is footing the bill for this so called in memory of "Casey" tour. Which is now nothing more then a poorly veiled campaign of hatred towards bush.

[edit on 23-9-2005 by Whompa1]

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whompa1
[
Do you even read anything before you type?

[edit on 23-9-2005 by Whompa1]

Yeah as a matter of fact I did. The reason I made my comment was in reference to your idiotic response: "I wish someone would shut this woman up".

You said it, I responded. I am so sick of Bush supporters and their narrow view of BS. You are wrong, period. I wish someone would shut you up.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I'd like to go to this protest. But this lady is annoying. Her kid volunteered and she consented. Nowhere on the enlistment contract does it say you're risking death for a righteous cause when you sign up to fight for the good 'ol US of A.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Maybe with all this energy that she has that she can help where it needs be right now. In the hurricane stricten states where all help is needed yet she's going to washington to bother people who need not be bothered at this time. Time to drop this for now Cindy. The time for your movement is wrong and not needed. Your point was made and people listened. Congrats on that but time to let it go.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by LogansRun

Yeah as a matter of fact I did. The reason I made my comment was in reference to your idiotic response: "I wish someone would shut this woman up".

You said it, I responded. I am so sick of Bush supporters and their narrow view of BS. You are wrong, period. I wish someone would shut you up.

Never once did I say I was a Bush supporter did I? Nope, sure didn't. Just because I think her whole stance on this is BS doesnt mean I support Bush. You say you read what I wrote. Well read it again and get a clue before you respond. Its not about her son anymore or any of the people who have lost their lives in the middle east.

Cindy Sheehan "Am I emotional? Yes, my first born was murdered. Am I angry? Yes, he was killed for lies and for a PNAC Neo-Con agenda to benefit Israel."

I'm sorry but I apparently missed this episode. And here all along I thought the war was about WMD and then on to oil. Not about protecting Israel which seems to do just fine on its own. Sheehan has become another dumbness inducing student of the over weight, over hyped, I want you to believe I'm an average joe Michael Moore. She had a lot more credibility when the issue was the death of her son. Now that moore, and moveon.org and a host of other power groups have signed on with the team she is nothing more then a puppet and the orginal story was left laying on the side of the road in crawford texas like some piece of garbage. If she was really all about casey as she claims she would see that her so called friends dont care that her son died. All they care about is one thing trying to bring down Bush. And if you want to get technical Bush DOES NOT owe her an apology what so ever. Her son volunteered for the army he was not drafted. He signed up for this with the full knowledge of knowing he could very well be killed. When did one soliders death become more important then well being of the USA? Another thing...This is supposed to be about her son right? I mean thats the whole jist of it. Do think he would have wanted his family ripped apart because his mother is going on moral and ethical crusade in his memory?? Pretty doubtful. I know if I died I surely would'nt want my family ripped apart because my mother became hell bent on revenge. Cause when you cut thru all the crap thats all it amounts too is revenge.

[edit on 24-9-2005 by Whompa1]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I Hope She Has A Nice Campsite Picked Out

When I first heard of Cindy Sheehan, I actually thought she was a "grieving mother" expressing her frustration and sorrow over the loss of her son.

Now I recognize her for what she really is: a political operative using her own son's coffin as a soapbox to further her own ambitions -- pushing agendas her son's own actions in life strongly suggest he wouldn't support.

That would explain the spinning sound coming from his grave.

Now she's heading to the beltway? Great.

I'm sure she'll fit right in.

new topics

top topics

join