It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Jet Blue Airbus Makes Emergency Landing

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
There was a safety bulletin put out that an o-ring could fail in the steering cylinder that would cause the gear to lock at an angle. Sounds like that ring let go.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Just got up and saw this:

Kudos to the flight crew
Kudos the the passangers for staying calm
Kudos to the engineers that designed the plane

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
WHEW...!
I will be keeping my Jet Blue tickets.
Which were purchased just 2 days ago..

Impressive landing..

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Being an aviation nut, I've seen a lot of landings of all types. Hell, I even sit at airports watching the traffic. This pilot has GOT to be a Pagan, as he DAMN sure made the front end of that jet levitate ! heh. I heard one passenger interview of frequent air miles, he said that was the smoothest landing he's ever experienced.

That pilot/co pilot need one HELL of a Christmas bonus this year, lol.

Misfit

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   
One of the passengers on the plane took a video while they were flying and during the landing. They released it today.

I just heard on CNN that this is the seventh time that an A320 has landed with the nosegear cocked at 90 degrees.

[edit on 9/23/2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
One of the passengers on the plane took a video while they were flying and during the landing. They released it today.

I just heard on CNN that this is the seventh time that an A320 has landed with the nosegear cocked at 90 degrees.

[edit on 9/23/2005 by Zaphod58]

I wonder what ever happened to the shear pin design for nose gear? It used to be that the nose gear was designed with a pin in the steering link that broke when ever a set amount of force was applied to the nose wheels. This was specifically ment to prevent landings like the one on Wednesday. What would happen is the force on the nose wheel would break the pin allowing the nose gear to act as a castor. The wheels would swivel to line up with the direction the plane was traveling. Then after landing the plane would have to be towed to the terminal since the steering linkage would have been disconnected.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join