It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

did Jesus got to hell after He died???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
TSA, that's awesome to hear you want to go deeper! First and foremost, you must submerse yourself in the Word. Only by knowing the Word will you be able to see through false prophets and teachers. The Word is living; you can read it thousands of times and still open it one day and discover something new. Daily fellowship with God is also key to this. The Spirit reveals much in ways of interpretation and understanding. By setting aside time to spend alone with God, you give the Spirit a chance to talk to you when you're listening.

This is precisely what my good friend and teacher tells me CONSTANTLY, almost exactly what JJ just said, to the word. The part that really gets me is it is not stated LITERALLY like that in the Bible is it? So how exactly do so many different people understand it the same way without actually reading it with their carnal eyes/mind....think about that!

Literally just yesterday I was reminded by my friend again that the spirit and the word of God are living things, and that is one thing he is always telling me. He has been reading the word for 3-4 years now and a LOT, although he has gained a ridiculous amount of knowledge, he admits frequently that he too learns something new everytime he reads, despite the fact he has finished the book numerous times.

Finally do not presume someone's walk with the Lord by their appearance. This is something I have been very guilty of, dismissing lessons God wanted me to know that I dismissed because the person appeared too young, old, or even mentally retarded. The Lord speaks to us through some of the strangest people, and, in my case, I believe all them are geared to humble me and to teach me.

This is something that has been made very clear to me recently, the friend I referred to is the LAST person I would have thought would teach me so much. His past was filled with much sin and many mistakes, he used to sell drugs to support himself, he got into a situation where his life was in danger and he broke down and asked God to bail him out, well he got out of the situation somehow and what do you think he did. He went back out and did the same thing, got himself into 2 more similiar scenarios and both times was spared, after that he tells me that he knew someone was really watching over him. I might mention that sometime after the second situation was when he first started giving God some thought and began to delve into the Bible. Give God a chance and he will give you one.

He made a decision to change his life after observing how dangerous his lifestyle had become and after the death of his brother in possibly similiar circumstances. He is not the type of person that I would ever think of being a great teacher to me, but yet because he reads the Bible and is blessed with the spirit, he has been just that.

[edit on 10/18/2005 by JKersteJr]

<< 1   >>

join