It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evacuation of Johnson Space Center

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
interesting read....hope they dont get hit too hard.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Could you maybe add some more commentary to the thread? More thoughts, opinions, etc... Thanks!

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Just thought I'd throw some light on how serious the risk could be. This first map shows the area around JSC. The red block is where JSC is positioned. The water just to the south of JSC connects to Houston Bay (as seen over on the right hand side). If a storm surge comes in it will push into Nassau Bay just across NASA Road 1 from JSC.

This is just a zoom in on the map:

In this satellite photo I have marked Mission Control Center so that you can see what a short distance it is from the water.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The only thing to worry about is water but wind and debris are almost irrelevant.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Hpefully it doesn't get hit to hard. This storm looks like it's gonna be bad.

Also.... love how you put there is a hooters there

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The last time it flooded real bad in the seabrook clear lake area here was about 3-4 years ago when a tropical storm came through and dumped a massive amount of rain and flooded the a lot of streets in houston, mainly downtown. I have a friend living in seabrook right down the road from JSC who said the water came about all the way up to his driveway at his condo.

The height between the water at high tide there to the top of the ground near the dock was about a yard and his condo was about 50yards from the water and he said the water went about 2 feet up in his driveway. But JSC never sustained any damage from what I heard.

So, I'm not sure what this means in proportion to a category 3 or 4 hurricane, though.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Hey Frosty!

LOL!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
Could you maybe add some more commentary to the thread? More thoughts, opinions, etc... Thanks!

what else can i say? i mean the article pretty much says it all. looks bad. my uncle's house in baytown is gonna be clobbered. so's my godmother's in laporte. her husbands gonna be out of a job for awhile while they rebuild johnson space center...unless they move mission control.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Now they say Clear Lake will take the brunt of the wind and not the surge.

new topics

top topics

join