It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korea to follow U.S lead by developing killer robots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   

By AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE, SEOUL

South Korea on Sept. 21 announced it was developing highly sophisticated combat robots that could complement the roles of human soldiers on battlefields.

The ministries of defense and information and communication approved a joint project worth 32.4 million dollars to develop the robot system by 2011.

Tentative designs released at a meeting of science ministers here showed three different types of robots that look like a sphinx without wings.

Equipped with six or eight wheels or legs, they would be capable of walking or running through rough terrain.

Armed with weapons and sensors, the robots could be put to combat missions or dangerous tasks such as detecting mines, the ministries said.

Link

I don't these are the CROW systems they also plan to develop, and deploy along the DMZ.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Here are two concept sketches.

Link

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWguy83

Link

Legs? Ain;t wheels a whole lot faster?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Humster

Originally posted by NWguy83

Link

Legs? Ain;t wheels a whole lot faster?

Well, there is just some stuff that wheels can't get over.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Ha ha, what a piece of #! They both look like Transformers (tm) without any of the charm --or the "transforming". Oh my god I am still laughing. It's a platform with an arm holding a rifle... Ha!

Seriously tho', can you ever see a future where the generals just sit back in their recliners and have their robot armies duke it out? What a grand day that would be.

[edit on 22-9-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join