It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Lies, Mars Fries

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
I am very curious what the viewers to this thread who haven't commented thought both when they read the subject, and what they expected to find here. Love to see some demographics on them, too

I found exactly what I was expecting: a poorly written satire using false logic to create an intellectual paradox for liberals to fall into, and thereby proving "your side" is right about man made global warming.

In other words: Mental masturbation.

However clumsy and cliche the execution might be. Made more so clear when you "demanded" people explain why they viewed your thread, but chose not to respond to it. A simple answer?

You're just not funny.

I don't mind partisanship. However, I do mind bad comedy. If you really feel the need to cruise for gratuitous ego stroking to uphold your world view, don't use satire. You're just not good at it.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
It was funny.
It's even funnier now. After reading the preceding post .

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
It was funny.
It's even funnier now. After reading the preceding post .

It takes all kinds of people, I suppose.

Then again, some people think Hee Haw was funny.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Hee Haw..
I watched it for the bumpkinish country babes.

Your reaction, IMO, was just what the original post was iliiciting..
Thats what generated the second round of laughter..

I invite you to talk seriously about the Mars findings though..In a thread I mentioned earlier..It might be a significant .

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954
We should invade Mars and save the planet. Shouldn't be too hard.

Nice.

There is no disputing that excess CO2 retains excess heat in our atmosphere, and that fossil fuel plants, etc. pump tons of the stuff into the air every year. The question is how much of a difference the pollution is making. There seem to be odd things going on all across our solar system as of late, though, what with climate changes affecting Jupiter's weather, climate change causing Pluto to warm as it moves away from the Sun, affected wind speeds on Saturn, etc., but maybe these sorts of things aren't uncommon after all.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Oh my gosh, I forgot about the whole CO2 causing global warming thing! WOAH! MARS IS DOOMED! How dare you, Mr. Bush!

I have to say, I wrote this originally as a sarcastic rant, but I am very amused at this point. Thanks, folks
I'll have to keep this in mind the next time I try to be "funny" (wan't really the intention here, was a little irked from unforseen factors, then read about Mars's melting ice caps, and went off on a rant in my mind; decided to share it here
) I'll stop and just wait until something bothers me. Then I'll have others amuse me out of it

Thanks again, folks
Though I may not have amused you, you sure brightened my day!

EDIT: Actually, I take that back. I was thinking about it, and my purpose was to amuse. I was a little irked, but when I saw this:

I had to share
I wanted to be honest, though, and I really had convinced myself that that original reason I stated earlier in this post was what went through my mind. This was probably because I try to be a people pleaser, but also don't compromise my beliefs to fit in. Instead I try to justify them. I suppose this is along the same lines as that, but it is also an apology for misleading anyone who read it before the edit.

If you weren't amused, cool. To each their own; no sense of humor is the same. I suspect that if this were turned around, those of you who aren't amused by this would have been, and those who were wouldn't have been. It's a lot easier to laugh at someone else than it is yourself.

Thanks, too, to Happy Cadet for the great subject, and to all of you who expressed your disappointment. Brimstone, your reply really did amuse me. I actually think I woke someone up here when I laughed at "You're just not funny. "

I've heard that a lot

Oh, and garyo1954, that was an awesome comment!

[edit on 9-21-2005 by junglejake]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Wow your absolutely right!
Because climate change is a natural phenomenon you can't blame the people who have an affect on it here on earth. Please spare me the apologist rant.

Here's an analogy of what your essentially saying.
Because fire occurs spontaneously in nature the landlord who allowed his house to turn into a fire trap isnt responsible when the building burns down due to faulty wiring. Thats some flawless logic your displaying there. Pity the legal system doesnt agree with your earthshattering revelations though.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

I actually thought this thread made more sense BEFORE it was explained.

Here's what I thought he was saying:

1.Mars is experiencing global warming.
2. Mars has no population.
3.Therefore global warming is not caused by an industrialized population.
4.It is, probably, caused by things like erratic solar behavior.
5. If one wants to blame Bush, then, for hurricanes and global warming on earth, one has to blame him for global warming on Mars... which is absurd.
6.So, altogether, the people who are bashing Bush for blowing of the Kyoto accord are trying to undermine the USA for the wrong reasons.

That is exactly what I understood him to be saying also. I didn't understand that Jake was trying to be humorous but trying to show how illogical some people are.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mahree

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

I actually thought this thread made more sense BEFORE it was explained.

Here's what I thought he was saying:

1.Mars is experiencing global warming.
2. Mars has no population.
3.Therefore global warming is not caused by an industrialized population.
4.It is, probably, caused by things like erratic solar behavior.
5. If one wants to blame Bush, then, for hurricanes and global warming on earth, one has to blame him for global warming on Mars... which is absurd.
6.So, altogether, the people who are bashing Bush for blowing of the Kyoto accord are trying to undermine the USA for the wrong reasons.

That is exactly what I understood him to be saying also. I didn't understand that Jake was trying to be humorous but trying to show how illogical some people are.

Note to self: Next time, keep your explanations to yourself!

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
There must a hell of a lot of oil on Mars, otherwise Bush wouldn't be screwing it over so badly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join