It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Lies, Mars Fries

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Well, here it is. Because Bush didn't sign the Kyoto treaty, global warming has reached a new level -- interplanetary warming. Because Bush refused to cut the United States off at the knees and apply pollution restrictions on a country where each state is about the size of another foreign country, Mars's ice caps have been melting. Those fools who don't want America to become a third world country are against the Kyoto agreement.

Bush lied, he said it wasn't possible for America to follow the Kyoto protocols. As you lie, Mr. Bush, Mars is frying! Of course we can follow the Kyoto protocols! All we have to do is end all industry in America, get rid of most of this country's jobs and look to the example set by countries like Ethiopia for our economic model. Or we could rely on the benevolence of our European allies to supply us with everything we would need to survive. I'm sure, too, that the terrorists wouldn't take advantage of the fact that we would have to dismantle our entire military. MARS IS FRYING!!! WHY, MR. BUSH?! SO YOU CAN PERPETUATE YOUR DEFENSE OF YOUR EVIL COUNTRY?!?!

So as Bush lies about our country not being capable of following the Kyoto protocol, Mars is frying. Is the most oppressive, lousy, evil nation in the world really worth saving if it means the benevolent and kindly planet Mars must die?

[edit on 9-21-2005 by junglejake]

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I am very curious what the viewers to this thread who haven't commented thought both when they read the subject, and what they expected to find here. Love to see some demographics on them, too

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Jundglejake I would gladly post but I am still trying to figure out what this thread is all about.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
We should invade Mars and save the planet. Shouldn't be too hard.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
I am very curious what the viewers to this thread who haven't commented thought both when they read the subject, and what they expected to find here. Love to see some demographics on them, too

I would reply as well, if I could figure out what you're saying. Remember, we can't hear your tone of voice or see your face, so it's kind of hard to decipher your point. The article doesn't mention Bush or the Kyoto treaty.

No offense, but your post comes across as though you've gotten into the cooking sherry. Sorry...

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
hehe Ain't rants wonderful? I was tying a few things together that were implied but not mentioned specifically.

The article I linked to talks about the gradual melting of the polar ice cap of Mars over the past 3 years, indicating the planet is gradually getting warmer:

for three Mars summers in a row, deposits of frozen carbon dioxide near Mars' south pole have shrunk from the previous year's size, suggesting a climate change in progress.

Since it is the contention that humans are at fault for causing climate change here on Earth, it would only stand to reason that we are at fault for the climate change on Mars, as well.

So it was a mocking of some of the greenpeace folks
The environment is definately important. God created it for us and we are corrupting it. However, He did leave it in our charge. Right now we're not being faithful stewards of the land, but I suspect that's going to be changing in the near future

On top of that, I was mocking the proponents that want the US to follow the Kyoto treaty. The requirements would stagnate the US, if not cut it off at the knees both economically and militarily. I agree that environmental reform needs to take place, but let's be serious. The US is not going to shoot its self in the foot, leg or stomach to follow a protocol that works well for smaller nations, but not larger ones such as our own. If Europe and others would try to work with us, instead of against us, in creating a global environmental policy, it would be more likely that we would join. I don't know about you, but if someone told me there was a chance that I could help a future generation by cutting off my own leg while at the same time it is apparent that I could also just lose weight over time to help the future generation, I would choose to lose weight over time while keeping my body intact.

Hope I did a better job this time

EDIT: Oh yeah, I was also mocking folks who blame Bush for everything, but that goes without saying

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Thanks for the explanation.

First of all we have plenty of problems in earth to be worrying about Mars melting caps.

Second I believe in the Kyoto Protocol because is not only world wide but it deals with the faulty environmental issues in our own nation that is affecting us here in the US now.

Third the global warming may have something to do with population and the impact of us humans in earth but Earth cycles are part of earth life and regardless of we humans when earth decide to get a menstrual cramp and clean herself it will do it and she will careless what will happen to us humans, she will flush us out of her earth body and drown us in her flood.

[edit on 21-9-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
With the explanation, does the actual nonsensical rant flow a little better?

As to the Kyoto protocol, why not do something that would allow the United States to remain economically stable while at the same time lowering the damage to the environment? Why does the only solution have to be one that condemns the US to a recession?

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Absurd.

There's no way any of the problems on Earth are having ANY influence on anything outside of Earth. A minimum distance of 5.5x10^7km, and a maximum of 4x10^8km, makes it nearly impossible.

We can't get there, what makes you think stray particles are going to escape Earth, travel the distance in 3K temperature, retain their heat, and arrive at Mars?

Look before you leap.

Anyway, nothing is happening BECAUSE we didn't sign the treaty. It may have gotten worse, Global Warming may be irreversible, but it's not BECAUSE of Bush.

Pointless, IMO.

[edit on 9/21/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
Absurd.

There's no way any of the problems on Earth are having ANY influence on anything outside of Earth. A minimum distance of 5.5x10^7km, and a maximum of 4x10^8km, makes it nearly impossible.

We can't get there, what makes you think stray particles are going to escape Earth, travel the distance in 3K temperature, retain their heat, and arrive at Mars?

Because it's Bush's fault! It must be! It has to be! It's his fault all the life was wiped off the face of Mars!

Read the post 3 above your's

EDIT: Guess I'll settle for bold since big doesn't seem to be working.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I did. But a joke is pointless if no one gets it.

And bad science is rarely funny.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
I did. But a joke is pointless if no one gets it.

And bad science is rarely funny.

hehe Ok, you're entitled to your opinion
Also, it wasn't a joke so much as a satirical rant...And do you think I meant for no one to get it?

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I got it..
It WAS funny.
Simultaneous global catastrophies.
All done by one man...He's a very powerful man...

The nitrogen glaciers are melting on Pluto..

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
But just thought I'd chime in.
Being pro-active twards stewardship of the planet is not in opposition to business. In fact, the US has made it's wealth via developing innovations and creating markets where no other country did/could lead.
By cementing archaic technologies, and thus businesses reliance upon them, this administration had reversed growth, reversed innovation and stymied wealth for many by consolidating wealth for the few. Of course I'm speaking about energy and production, the cogs that make business run.

When do we stop the Bush apologies and start ackowledging ATS common knowledge? Are you claiming ignorance to the scholarly threads that have shown fuel efficiency tech has been market ready for years, yet the energy monoliths stifle them?
I know everyone can at least acknowledge that 5 - 10 MPG can be mandated & rolled out in a model year across the board, right? Or that increasing sewage outputs from manufacturing costs us tremendously more than those companies will ever save? Those are "to blame" factors - done by the Coward Congress & signed by the Corrupt WH - both in new & repeal formats.

God created it for us and we are corrupting it. However, He did leave it in our charge. Right now we're not being faithful stewards of the land, but I suspect that's going to be changing in the near future

I agree, but wasn't clear on the end note?

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
I agree, but wasn't clear on the end note?

Wasn't meant to be, at least not right now.

As to the oil companies stifling new innovatively conservative ideas, how is that Bush's fault? The oil companies have had a stranglehold on the world for a while now, as their product is not only wanted, but needed. If a technology comes out that threatens that, of course they're going to try to prevent it's fruition. Sadly, most politicians, both on the right and left (i.e. not Bush's exclusive fault!
), are willing to take campaign donations or other donations to not support these new technologies legally, and the people who develop these new technologies obviously have a price, too. If I developed an internal combustion engine that ran on a gallon of water infused with 3 CCs of crude oil, and Exxon came to me offering me $2.5 billion for it, I could make two assumptions off of that. First, they expect to make more than $2.5 billion from the purchase, and second, I would never see that technology again. Yet people allow such inventions to be squelched. Then, too, I'm sure oil companies have patents on such technologies their own personal team of developers have come up with that no one can use because the oil company won't allow the technology to be used, and they sue anyone who develops the same technology through patent law.

So I'm not naive enough to think that there isn't better technology out there, but I'm also not naive enough to believe that all blame lies with either the Republicans or GW specifically. The problem goes much deeper.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I actually thought this thread made more sense BEFORE it was explained.

Here's what I thought he was saying:

1.Mars is experiencing global warming.
2. Mars has no population.
3.Therefore global warming is not caused by an industrialized population.
4.It is, probably, caused by things like erratic solar behavior.
5. If one wants to blame Bush, then, for hurricanes and global warming on earth, one has to blame him for global warming on Mars... which is absurd.
6.So, altogether, the people who are bashing Bush for blowing of the Kyoto accord are trying to undermine the USA for the wrong reasons.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

5. If one wants to blame Bush, then, for hurricanes and global warming on earth, one has to blame him for global warming on Mars... which is absurd.
6.So, altogether, the people who are bashing Bush for blowing of the Kyoto accord are trying to undermine the USA for the wrong reasons.

...Dang, wish I'd thought of that...

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Jungle

According to my Merriam-Webster, Satire: biting wit, irony or sarcasm used to expose vice or folly.

What vice or folly were you refering to?

We all realize now that your main purpose was to defend The President.

I must say that you have your work cut out for you. And if you think global warming is an appropiate topic for comedy; maybe the victims of the hurricanes would like to hear it.

The President isn't the cause of global warming but the corporate greed with their accompaning rape of the enviornment is. Distain for the Kyoto agreement just exemplifies the administrations favoring corporate pigs over the health of the citizens of this nation.

If you want to be funny and satirical might I suggest a little study of Tacitus who said "A bitter jest, when the satire comes too near the truth, leaves a sharp sting behind". I think the operative word here is TRUTH.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
So because you and I have a different opinion on the Kyoto treaty (I wasn't defending Bush, I was defending our country's decision to stay out of Kyoto), I'm speaking lies and satire won't hold a bitter taste because...you agree with what I said in the initial post?

So you're questioning the satire as being satire. Fine, it wasn't satire. I'm not here to argue semantics. Call it sarcasm. Call it bull-headedness. Call it whatever you want, as long as you don't call it late for dinner.

You sure showed me up

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

...Dang, wish I'd thought of that...

I did think of that..LOL
Yet the thread sits idle..
Here it is, if anyone is interested in a "what if" scenario..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join