It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KrazyJethro on KrazyJethro

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Sorry boys, no mic since my last one broke and haven't gone to get a new one yet (yeah, being lazy).

I wanted to provide a bit more information about me, what I do, how I do things for the fellow musicians out there.

1) I do not mix, record, sample, etc. I am a straight music writer that literally write each note by hand or mouse. Each instrument requires writing it's own part independantly so for instance I needed a rock drumset, I would have to write anywhere from 3 to 10 different parts.

2) While I do play some instruments, I do not have any equipment. No mixers, no mics, no processors, and only a VERY old program made for Win95 (I know, that's obsene right?).

3) Music is whatever you make it and however you make it. Some people hand write it, some sample it, some mix it, and some record layers.

It is not the method but the heart that makes music, so just be sure to make what you feel and let it be heard if you can.

4) Although I am self taught in music theory, I have played music for a long time. I have been writing for about 13 years, and have gotten substantially better at it in that time.

Thanks for all the support! I do welcome honest criticism.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Sorry boys...

Boys?

It is not the method but the heart that makes music, so just be sure to make what you feel and let it be heard if you can.

Absolutely!

4) Although I am self taught in music theory, I have played music for a long time. I have been writing for about 13 years, and have gotten substantially better at it in that time.

I can't read music, So, everything I do is on the fly and totally by ear. I do play acoustic guitar and plink around on the piano, but have neither at this time.

I would love to play around with some software that just has basic composition capability. Maybe just a keyboard and some kind of percussion. Do you know of anything out there like that? Something that's really basic (and therefore free)?

Audacity was a real find. I had no idea stuff like that (for free) existed. Now I'm thinking there's got to be something that I can use to make some music other than just my voice.

Thanks for any input.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This is an effective little program that actually has a piano running up and down the left side. It uses any .wav file as an instrument and has many sounds that come with it. It isn't difficult to get better sounds, but to get great sounds you'll need to buy them.

For what it's worth, this is the main program I use and you can hear what can be done with it.

Download This Link

Let me know what you think.

join