It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis: Reviewing Plato's Descriptions

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
hey stari do you have a link or something to that helmet? I have a friend that's at the university of algonquin in ottawa and does linguistics, foreign languages and ancient historical languages. I don't know what classes he takes for it but he does a lot of studying on his free time.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magickesists
hey stari do you have a link or something to that helmet?

Hi Magic, this is the link www.freerepublic.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Here's a link that has a zoomed up image of the front and rear of the mask:

www.mesoweb.com...

You definitely can see the individual Epi-Olmec characters.

Isn't Chinese written vertically also?

[edit on 18-2-2006 by lostinspace]

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Here's another site that has some very interesting details about the linguistics of the Olmecs. Some of the ancient Stela shown present clues of the origns of the Olmecs.

www.geocities.com...

How would you translate the meaning of this Stela?
(I count eight branches and twelve roots, whereas the webmaster sees seven branches and twelve roots.)
How many different birds can you find?
How many different kind of people do you see?

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Wow this is interesting stuff, I have never looked into linguistics of old languages.
What languages would the "Atlanteans" have spoken?
I'm still looking up stuff on a lightning phenomenon that i have other suspicions about.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Oh and my friend at the college hasn't emailed me back yet, he's a lazy retard when it comes to computers!
I'll have to go see him in person soon. He might know more about this lol He's probably seen it in a book somewhere already.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
www.geocities.com...

The above link shows Stela 5 at Izapa. There are numerous people throughout the image, even strange animal-like humanoids.
www.geocities.com...

The group of people on the bottom left seem to be the followers of Pan.
I'm not too sure about the origins of the group of people on the bottom right.

The hats they're wearing give me the idea.
Pan is said to have a pointed hat that curves at the top.

Now the people on the left seem to be wearing a sort of turban and another is wearing a rounded cap.

I would say that the guys with the pointed hats brought with them the worship of the Phoenix or birds in general.

I do see an authentic Mayan near the top of the tree next to one of the animal figures. The animal next to him sort of looks like a duck's head, right? The animal creature on the oposite side of the tree looks like a rabbit's head.
YEAR OF THE DUCK? YEAR OF THE RABBIT?

What about all that junk they're carrying?

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Being new, I do not wish to step on toes, but can we look at a completely alternative view, and consider options.

What was recorded?

Atlantis dissappeared in one night.

Now, I am no Plato, nor was I there, nor am I a surveyor or such, but I have always found it strange, how we have concluded, even as noted in the records avialable, that Atlantis sunk.

We have scores of indications that Atlantis and it's inhabitants were superior to the Other's. Some suggest Alien superior. The City itself was described in a way which denoted something designed, apposed to natural occuring land, with a city constructed on it. The Continent is describe as large with ample areas for producing crops.

ALL OF THIS SUNK?

I am sorry, but I can not fathom this.

And what was left the day after Atlantis was to have sunk?

Muddied Waters, and a few peaks which remained and that did not "sink" were left.

SO, with this said, what if we have just ASSUMED rather than known exactly what happened to Atlantis. Is there not a distinct alternative that has been completely overlooked, even by the Egyptians and the records Solon transcribed, and Plato wrote about?

So here. Ponder on this!

So it's 10000 to 14000 Years ago, and we have a nice world with peace and prosperity.

As you can find today, the Americas are rich in Precious Metals. As you can find today, there is also such metals found in throughout Africa and the Mid East. We have Atlantis somewhere in the midsts, and fulfilling all of those nice details (Match) listed.

Then crap happens and some extreme situation with the inhabitants of Atlantis causes the City, for certain, and a majority of the continent to dissappear in One Night. All that is left is muddy waters.

Is it a coincidence, that God and the Angels once habitated earth according to the Scriptures?

Is it a coincidence that the Seat of God was on a Mountian?

Is it a coincidence that while tending to the earth, an Angel named Satan, chose to set himself up as God, along with his minions and the various peoples they enslaved.

Is it a coincidence that a terrible battle occured which ultimately God and the Angels won over Satan and the Fallen.

Is it a coincidence that God removed his seat from the earth.

Is it a coincidence that inhabitants where superior or ANGELIC in origin.

Is it a coincidence that today, we are still looking for Atlantis, when all that can be found for certain is little bits and pieces which point to something that was grand and magnificent, but the evidince ends there.

Is it a coincidence that looking at the Atlantic Seabed, it does not readily point to any unique or specifically strange features that could indicate Atlantis was there. Actually, if you really consider the Ocean Floor of the Atlantic, does it not seem to look as if something was TAKEN OUT OF THE Seafloorscape (If I made a new word here, I apologize). It looks like something was scooped from about a point between Labador and England to a point between the Midst of Africa and the Midst of Brazil. A large land mass to say the least.

On both sides of this, we find the evidence to support this theory that Atlantis is near the Mid East, while on the other side, we find the evidence to support Atlantis was near the Americas.

So, heres the Bomb!

Atlantis did infact disappear, but Atlantis, along with Edin (Eden?) was removed from the earth. It was the place of the Seat of God, and the place of worship for all peoples (Sixth Day Man = The Races).

In one fell moment, God removed his seat from the Earth.

So if you were someone from 10000 Years ago who lived along the Coast of Africa, all you could tell is last night, Atlantis was there, and the next day, it was gone. All that was left was Muddy Waters. And from here, we have simply assumed it sunk.

As you can see, I have some strange notions of what Atlantis truely was, but it is not beyond the realm of possible, since no matter who is discussing the matter, they reflect and offer a great deal of consideration to the Inhabitants of Atlantis and generally all agree on their superior abilities and knowledge. Whether they where Aliens as some suggest, or Angels, which to me differ only in the side they are on, would this be beyond their ability???

I appreciated the General Review offered by ATS, and again, I see nothing noted, that changes my belief of One Great continent spanning the Atlantic Basin, influencing Peoples on both sides of the Atlantic and beyond.

I am opened minded on the topic, and I have seen the types of Finds that have occured in the Canary Islands and Azores, as well as what had been found of the Southern Coast of Cuba. It is truely fascinating subject.

Have a nice day, and again thanks for the details offered. Looking forward to what you bring, in the way of updates.

Ciao

Altantis

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Yet if Atlantis did exist and some of the supreme knowledge was stolen or coveted by devote followers. Maybe some cult or something somewhere has incredibly vast amounts of stolen papers denoting all the false accusations of what atlantis was and how it disappeared. Pherhaps some of the chinese scriptures explain things, they were around then as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join