It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to Jam like Stevie Ray Vaughan?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   
www.guitarshredshow.com...

Go trough it untill you can do training or untill after you beat the demon.

I've been playing this for over 2 hours making everyone in the office go nuts while banging their heads and jumping around XD

[edit on 21/9/05 by thematrix]

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Very cool. I'll have to play around with that more when I have some time. I found out a bit more about the creator of that site as well as an interview. My curosity was peaked when I noticed that the site seems to have no purpose other than promoting the love of guitar playing. No ads, commericals, or attempts to sell guitar lessons.

I also stumbled onto a cool blog about guitar playing. (If you're into that kind of thing)
truth in shredding

[edit on 21-9-2005 by dbates]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Yeah, I actualy tried some things on my guitar at home. I think I learned some new tricks to sooth the ladies XD

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:10 AM
link   
that dude did some good work, pure genius... very Vai'ish.. something like the movie Crossroads...A great shred guitar lesson that is taken to a higher level.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I cringe at the word "shredding". Its one thing to play a great solo with speed and skill, but its another to play a bit like a robot with no soul.

Maybe I just dont get shredding.

It doesnt impress me.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I cringe when I see a mullet head lol..much like in this one video. Michael Angelo www.compfused.com...
That is one nice circus act, I'm surprised he didn't play with his feet lol.

Guitar One Magazine voted Michael Angelo the no. 1 Shredder of ALL TIME... This just proves most guitar "poll ratings" you see or read is 100% bull shiz! They don't even think about the other styles of shredding such as jazz, country ext....

I do like some of Michael Angelo music such as No Boundaries www.angelo.com...
when you listen to it you will noticed it is limited and no room for feel. It is cool fast stuff, just not something I would want to hear all day....But I could listen to Jason Becker stuff all day... he had mucho feel in a neo classical fussion way
then again I could listen to Roy Clark shred all day, just depends on what style of music I'm in the mood for lol.

It can be fun to play like a robot but some people just go over board with it. There can be a time and place for it.
I like the blues..and..blues is the blues and there shouldn't be any shredding in it, but some people just don't get it lol!
When I go to a blues bar to jam I leave all the shredding at home, even the effects lol..... I do like shredding more than anything and know when not to shred.....But I think some people just don't get it. Some nights at the blues bar mullets do come in and....well you know the rest lol....

Thanks to the 80's and MTV "shredding" has been connected too mullet heads world wide and this is unfortunate lol.
Most styles like country, jazz, and classical music have shredding in it and is usually used in a very tastefull way..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The thread title is misleading
Should not connect shredding to blues, "Want to Jam like Stevie Ray Vaughan".....this is sooooo misleading lol
More like "Want to Jam like Stevie Vai"......

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I wish I could shred on the guitar, but alas a tasty vibrato will have to do for now.

Is playing fast on tenor "shredding" ? It's probably got another name.

thanks for the site Matrix! I'm not even sure I know what shredding is. Is it just playing 3 notes per string real fast in some Metal mode? Extreme bends? Whammy bar? whaaa?

Peace my brothers and sisters!

[edit on 22-9-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
That reminds me, I need to work on my vibrato technique. You would think after all these years I would have a decent technique, but nope.

Maybe im too picky.

new topics

top topics

join