It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An orb I caught in My dining room.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   
First and foremost, I am sorry about the quality of the pics.I had weird feelings as I was sending videos to a friend in Iraq, so I decided to turn my little cheapie web cam towards my dining room. Its hard to make out, but I circled it, thats the only retouching I have done. I also have a pic of me sitting in my rocking chair, on the left of me is some kind of face, and on the right there is something that appears not too nice.
One picture I have it appears to be some kind of demonic looking creature, on my right side, I managed to crop the pic so I was in my upload limits.

Enjoy,
Denial

[edit on 9/21/2005 by denial28]

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I don't know if I'd call it an orb... the first photo looks like it just might be color distortion from the instense contrast of the light coming in through the window. The other photos just look like distortions from the poor quality of the webcam.

It seems the webcam itself can't capture a high amount of colors at once, which could be the reason there are so many blotches on the photos that look like orbs.

But hey, it still could be.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I read this one and initially passed over it, because it didn't seem remotely paranormal at all to me. Still doesn't, but I thought I would post about it anyway since everyone else seems to be passing it off for the same reason.

The first one is just glare coming in the window and/or a reflection off of the window. When you have bright light shining into your house, it will often form a semi-transparent beam as it passes through dust in the air.

As for the other two faces... I see nothing. Okay, I can vaguely see shapes that I create with my own mind there, and I'm not even sure if they are the same as what you are seeing. You are creating it with your mind, much like seeing strange things on the bark of trees .

Webcams suck quality-wise, period. It always has that over-bright thing going on and colors are all weird and distorted. All I see is a shadow on your chair and highlights in your hair. The only off-thing I can see in the picture is how big your pupils are. You might want to get your thyroid checked out.

And I don't want to know what kind of "videos" you were sending to your friend in Iraq

Sorry but yeah, there's really nothing there. I can see a butterfly on your forehead if I look hard enough.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Agree totally with 'Yarcofin' (except the pupils part
....there's nothing wrong with it!) I went throught this when you had put the thread up and passed it also because it looked like a light or a glare..especially something like sunlight or like you know when you have curtain pulled down when its sunny outside.. and there is light that reflects in the room with the curtain colour.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
LOL thanks, no the vids were nothing other than a quick hi,These guys were in my unit when I was in, and they were all deployed, I was supposed to go too, but I was pregnant with my daughter at the time,. Thanks for the input, they just struck me as weird, if you view them larger, you'll actually get a better view of whats sitting next to me, I have had 3 or 4 different people actually point out the face on my right, which is why I posted it. If you look you can see the 2 eyelids a bridge of a nose and a fully formed set of lips, you do have to make them larger though. same thing for the left side of me, the slice of the image actually captures the best view. As for the orb, ok, I can definately dismiss that, what Ill do is during nighttime, Ill sit with my videocam and do some investigation. Not the web cam but my actual video cam.
Thanks again
Denial

Ps If anyone feels like doing a contrast please feel free to do so.

[edit on 9/21/2005 by denial28]

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Thats crazy!

denial, c'mon! i think your wishing things to be true, and you know what they say, " be carefull what you wish for ".

all the best,

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamian
Thats crazy!

denial, c'mon! i think your wishing things to be true, and you know what they say, " be carefull what you wish for ".

all the best,

Trust me not wishing, whatsoever, have alot of bad # happening in my house, thats all. I wouldnt have posted them if I didn't want some logical explanation, I believe in the paranormal, but I don't like the fact that its living in my house,especially since I have a young child. These are not the ONLY occurances that have happened. Trust me, spend a day at my house, you'll see what I mean.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Last time I saw pics that obvious I advised that the people in that location left their house...they didn't...I never heard from them again.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I know the professional debunkers here refuse to accept anything not of their godless views. You've heard the usual explanations for it.

The phenomenon of orbs and plasms is on both film & digital cameras, though. It happens day and night, making a trick of reflections unlikely as an excuse.

www.ghostpix.com...

Besides orbs & plasms aplenty at that site, there are some transparent people also, and a couple of apparent portals to other dimensions.

The science law of energy conversion is unfullfilled, regarding what becomes of the electro-static field of the body upon death. Orbs and plasms are found mostly at haunted sites, and may be energy signatures of souls, not visible to our spectrum of sight, but is to the cameras.

To support this; The tv documentary on Discovery channel titled "A Haunting in Colorado", was an investigation headed by a psychologist in which the phenomena was filmed in progress called "ghost scratches".

Letters were welted up on the skin, showing intelligent control. Medical experts determined that the scratches were actually burns right under the skin welting up. That takes ENERGY. As I was watching it, I felt a scratch on my lower left back, burning a line.

I was laid back & still. It never happened again. I took it as an in context sign that I'm haunted and it's really possible to burn a scratch.

The anomalous EMF readings in the 40+milligauss range, when the norm is under 4, shows an electrical component to the haunted site "portals".

www.ghostresearch.org...

Local ghosts used a portal to visit their old town in "A Haunting in Georgia", and were identified out of a bunch of pictures, by apparition witnesses.

Why are orbs or plasms in photos more common at haunted sites? I think we're all more haunted than we'd like to think, from my experiences.

The thermal fluxes documented at haunted sites are also energy phenomena, or lack thereof, with cold spots.

See my thread about "Random numbers & Letters as prophecy" in the paranormal category.

mod edit, here's the link for Random numbers & Letters as prophecy

[edit on 27-9-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
While it is entirely possible that you have some spirits in your home.. I don't believe that is what we see in the photos. And the orb in particular definately just looks like some tricks of light that occur naturally.. I have seen orb photos in which the person showing me the picture didn't even realize what the orbs were in the photo or take any notice of them.

I just don't see a full formed orb there.
Take a look at this.

Those are much more defined than that bit of light in your first picture.
and the faces well.. you can find a face in almost anything that has textures with light and shadow cast on it.. this doesnt mean that they have no significance.. because for all we know they could be everywhere and we miss them out of passiveness...
But those are again really faint and you have to really be trying to see something to distinguish an image there.. so its a hard call.
Don't think this in any way means that I dont think you could have spirits in your home.. it is very possible.. I am just not sure that you have captured them in these images is all.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I am not going to be a skeptic at the situation at hand, the orbs may be after all glare but the face actually looks genuine.

I have something also, I wish to share.

This is on the wood paneling in my kitchen, the quality of this webcam pretty much sacrifices the image but you can make it out barely:

As you can see, the shape strongly resembles an eye. I have never seen a mark on wood like this before. Trivial or actually paranormal.

top topics

join