It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ThreadKillers Anonymous

page: 76
<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Ah, but at least it isn't Vogon poetry! Here's a poem I wrote a few years ago:

I'm sorry I've eaten your flowers
I think you know the ones
They were the big bright blue ones
Sitting in the sun

Perhaps they were the red ones
I really can't remember
Maybe they were the white ones
I gave you last December

They may have been the yellow ones,
the kind we used to pick

I don't think it matters now
I think they made me sick.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Ok, for that you are now our official ThreadKillers Anonymous Poet. *lmfao* That's truly classic!

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Yawns..........stretches..........yawns again and spots..........Duzey!

Hey oh Magnificient Green Dragon Lady. When you wake up? Thanks for not waking me but I have been keeping guard for you whilst you've been hibernating. Why do you dragons need to hibernate?

Seriously though, I cannot understand the reasoning behind your politics! :shk: I always thought that Barry Manilow had a pretty decent voice, but why oh why, do you want him as Prime Minister of Canada.

And what's this Separatist Party all about? :shk: How can people get together, have a party and then call themselves 'Separatists'? :shk:

If Canadian politics are beyond me, how does a Dragon Lady cope?

Welcome Katolu. Perhaps Grand Field Marshall Tokugawa will allow you to become the official NinjaKittyflea Poet Laureate. We do have Loam, the Most Prestigious NinjaKittyflea Art Historian and I believe that if you accept this position - unpaid though it is, the TKA club's fame will be unsurpassed.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I'd be honored to be placed in such company! I'll throw on my hairshirt, grab my wax tablet and hide in an old wine cask and see what I can come up with.

At lunch today I sang "On top of spaghetti" while having lasagna.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Happy new year to my fellow ThreadKillers. Hope you all have a great year this coming year.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Oh President and Benevolent Dictator of ThreadKillers Anonymous peace and blessings be apon you. All
to your Magnificence.

To all of you, the most beloved of TKA members, I wish you a Happy, Prosperous and a Healthy New Year. Peace, Harmony and Blessings be apon you all.

I have important news regarding Grand Field Marshall Tokugawa. He has, at the ripe old age of 7, become a Grand Father for the second time in as many days. His daughter Mitso, has given birth to to a very healthy but somewhat noisy, clutch of NinjaKittyflealings.

Can you imagine it...........................trying to change 5,000 nappies all at the same time?

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I know someone that won't be sleeping anytime soon. So much for the myth that cats sleep all day.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Check us out! Top of the list for Top 10 Threads of September!

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I saw that.

Ah, sweet irony..........

Happy New Year!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by fritz
If Canadian politics are beyond me, how does a Dragon Lady cope?

The short answer, dearest Fritz, is that the Dragon Lady doesn't cope. I have two choices: laugh or cry. I am very much a 'the cup is half full' kind of person, so I choose to laugh.

Here's the lowdown:

Due to the specialness and uniqueness of French culture within Quebec, they have been granted a higher proportion of MP's than their population would be entitled to. Not content with being a major force in Parliament, Quebec went one step further and started a new party, the Bloc Quebecios. So now we have approximately 1/6 of Canada's MP's as a member of a separatist group. :shk:

Our politics are odd up here. It's all about who is going to damage the country the least. We are not very trusting of our governments.

Our current governing party, the Liberals, appears to be completely corrupt and have gone from scandal to scandal over the past decade.

The opposition, the Conservatives, was taken over by/merged with a far-right party in a misguided attempt to 'unite the right'. This drove the moderates away and this group now panders to the religious right and xenophobes.

The other party, the NDP, is pro-union/workers. They traditionally get 20% of the vote but don't get a lot of MP's through the use of a 'first past the post' electoral system. I don't think anyone really wants them in power because they always want to spend a lot of money. They are, however, a voice of reason and compassion in Parliament and helped our country get universal healthcare.

The Bloc, in a strange way, is actually the most reasonable of all the parties and the least baggage-ridden. Except for that whole wanting to break up the country thing.

Generally, we're pretty screwed no matter what happens. Vive la minority government!!

[edit on 2-1-2006 by Duzey]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
So one of our cats got out a couple nights ago, stupid cat. My father woke me up at 7 this morning and said "She's limping, help me catch her." To make a long story short, she has a broken femur, with five or six pieces of bone broken off the end. We can try pinning it, which is risky, since it's not a clean break, and will require her living in a box for up to 8 weeks. That option is $1500. Or we can try plating it, which will have her up and running in 4 weeks, but costs up to $3000.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
*wave* Yo!

I got new speakers for the clubhouse, Klipsch Ultra 5.1's... well they should be... they're actually 5.3...

Anywho, I been cranking the tunes at home with a new set of Tivoli Model Twos with Sub, bitchin speakers I gotta say. Mmmmmhmm...

Happy New Year! My mom says I'm like a caveman descending to the booming volcano when I head towards my room after dinner. Btw, I'm officially no longer a teenager *sigh* 20 today

Ill leave the speaker setup to fritz, just because it's funny when kitties get tangled in the speaker wire.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Zaphod, I'm sorry your kitty is hurt.

and......

Happy Birthday Kalapadea!!!!!!

20, eh??? I'm feeling old right about now.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Happy New Year and Greetings to all TKA Members, present and future members to be.

Zaph, so sorry to hear about your Special KittyCat. Trust yer instincts and go for the most expensive treatment - after all, we cats deserve the best.

Kalapadea - Belated Happy Birthday to you.
A
word of caution though:

Yes, we KittyCats love to play with balls of wool, cotton and especially love playing with Crimbo tree lights but electricry cables to speakers? :shk: I don't think so! You just want to see my Ginger and Orange Marmalade fur stand on end
and I could end up looking like this !

Gentle Duzey, my ever so Special Green Dragon Lady, I am so glad you are awake. Thanks also for making the time to explain your Canadian Politics to me. I am still none the wiser, but I can at least share the anguish with you.

Grand Field Marshall Tokugawa is having a really bad time of it at present; hopping all over the place, changing thousands of nappies in one sitting, warming all the special NinjaKittyflea milk and testing water for the baths.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Uggh. Hmm, it's only the 3rd of January and I'm getting my Happy New Year wish out...not bad.

I think this is the earliest I've ever been late...

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Don't feel bad. It's only the 3rd of January, and I'm having the year from. Already. lol

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
My mother just got off the phone with my uncle in Florida. My aunt passed away this morning. Not unexpectedly though. She's had problems since the time my mother was sick, and they finally decided it was enough. She was on daily dialisys, and was getting worse, so they put her in a hospice over the weekend, and stopped treatments.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I'm sorry for your loss. I had the same exact thing happen to an uncle about 20 years ago.

You'll always have friends here who can just listen.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Zaph, I'm so sorry for your loss.

It goes without saying that I am here for you. Or it did, until I went and said it.

*hug*

PS. I've been remiss in welcoming the newest addition to the group. Welcome Katolu! Great poems.

[edit on 3-1-2006 by Duzey]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Zaph may I also extend my condolences to you and your family. Definately not the best way to start the new year.

new topics

top topics

<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join