It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ThreadKillers Anonymous

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
OKay - I grant you that us cats do bite, but only after the most harshest of provocation! I mean, who the hell would let a dog sleep underneath us. Uuuggh!
The very thought of it!

We prefer soft fluffy kittycushions with a nearby supply of cheese flavoured Kittydoughnuts for immediate snacking. A freshly baked lasagne for main course and to finish, Death by chocolate! - premier choc chip Kitty ice cream made with freshly churned double cream from the finest Jersey Kittycows.

Your love of cats is evident and I for one applaud you for your selfless devotion - but then, that is how we cats like it.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Congratulations gentlemen on working out a peace treaty. I put the flea bombs back in storage, and sent the hazmat team back home. Fritz thank the Grand Marshall for his patience.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Greetings, Oh Great and Benevolent Leader of all peace loving Free Thinking TKA Members.

Have you noticed a state of emergency now exists on the thread pages. We at TKA, seem to be slipping down the page. Soon, our thread will disapperar from view.

What are we (you) going to do about it?

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Everyone is dropping like flies around here. Nik, Tink, Loam, and Duzey are all MIA, Kala is semi-MIA. Our Resident Assassin was in the middle of a research project and went missing, and hasn't been heard from since. And all of our other members wandered into the woods, and haven't been heard from since the screaming stopped.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Hi.

Did you know I had my ATS birthday? I've now been a member for over a year.

Every few months I get distressed about the state of humanity and how people are unable to even consider another point of view. As much as I learn here, I find the constant bickering frustrating beyond belief.

In other words, I'm taking a bit of an ATS break. I'll be hiding in the clubhouse; if you need me for anything, check under the mound of cushions. That's probably where I will be.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
I'll be hiding in the clubhouse; if you need me for anything, check under the mound of cushions. That's probably where I will be.

Yikes, that's where I've been hiding. Well, there and the cheese cabinet, after shadow watcher locked me in...

I'm not even semi-MIA just way freakin busy with work....xbox... Mostly work.

I'm watching from behind the scenes a bit, just chilling, nothing really to remark on podcast wise, so haven't been doing much of that. I had a quartet of friends to perform a TKA podcast a capella about the hills from the sound of music, but then exams popped up...

Meanwhile, just keeping low as nik, tink, denial are on breaks. I'm still here though, I may post some more from time to time.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Im out watching my posts dying on the vine.
Ahh the sweet curse of our group.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I advise anyone who likes to mess with windows themes to try litestep if they haven't already.

www.litestep.org

I promise it'll take up some of your time... bwahahah!

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I don't know what came over me. I tried to post to ATSNN again. So far at least 15 views, no word on votes, no replies.

I have officially expanded my killing abilities. You shoulda seen me killing chat today. With a bunch of people in there too.

Yay! I'm up to one official vote. It was a "No: Not right".

[edit on 11/23/2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
OK, lesson learned. Stay away from ATSNN. I have posted two articles, both of which I thought were relevant and or interesting. I got ONE vote between the two articles, and so far ONE reply between them, and that was by the Mod that moved the first story to Other Current Events.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
[edit on 24/11/2005 by MickeyDee]

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
And it bothers you why? We chose to have some fun, and work on ways to not kill threads. If you don't like it, you don't have to read it.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
yeah Zaph, I still see posts wiping out entire groups like the plague.
I submitted to ATSNN once, it was something that meant something to me too. It was shot down for formatting.....formatting. I like to think I convey my thoughts in a clear way to others. I seem to be articulate, why is it difficult to share news? I will not be submitting news anymore. Us foil-hatters get along ok, I will stay where I'm welcome.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
And it bothers you why? We chose to have some fun, and work on ways to not kill threads. If you don't like it, you don't have to read it.

Eh???

What was all that about???

Mic

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Because at random moments people come into the thread and jump all over us for going out and deliberately killing threads, etc. If it was meant as a joke, please accept my apology. It's kinda frustrating when people just don't get it, and jump all over us for doing something we aren't.

[edit on 11/24/2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
*crawls out from under a mound of cushions*

ATSNN you say? I used to post stories back before we had the voting system. There were drawbacks with it, but at least foreign news (non-US) stood a slightly better chance of upgrade.

I gave up on submitting to ATSNN quite some time ago. I'm just not that interested in US domestic news and human interest stories. And when you only get one 'NO' vote and the story stays in limbo, you know people aren't voting. Just like in real-life elections.

Go Apathy!!!!

*crawls back under cushions*

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
You really think that people are gonna vote for our stories Duzey? Even if they don't know it's us, we're still the preeminent thread killers. My story I posted last night only had 29 views as of this morning when I looked for it way down on the list.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   

We are starting out with the deck stacked against us, aren't we?

I have even noticed some of the experts holding off on posting stories to give others a chance to participate in ATSNN. Apparently we are not the only frustrated ones because it's not working.

IMO, ATSNN needs to have some sort of mission statement or something, so everyone knows what is acceptable and what is not. Hopefully our ever-capable mods, admin and council members are all over this. It also needs to be a little less US-centric. I know there's lots of US members, but quite frankly, I could care less about most of the stories posted on ATSNN. I heard about them 2 days ago.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I agree. I hardly ever even look at it anymore, because I've either heard the stories, or aren't overly interested in them. There are two on there now that seem kind of sill to be there. One about a soccer player who has drank himself almost to death, and now has like 24 hours left to live, and the other about 24/7 drinking in England. ATSNN needs a revamp I think, or like you said, a mission statement.

I even posted a thing about ATSNN, and being able to find out who posted what if you have a warning, and one of the replies from a mod was "Well I guess that's one more reason not to get a warning." There was one other reply, besides one that I added to it, and it's dead now too I think. heh.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
ATSNN is the proof that no matter what we are given, it will never make everyone happy.

When there was staff/editors, you could get feedback on your submission if it wasn't quite up to par. You also didn't have to time your submissions for when the eastern seaboard of the US was awake. But there were complaints and power plays apparently, so they changed to the voting system.

Now we complain about the voting system. :shk:

The last story I posted got no votes as far as I can tell, and no responses. Probably because I can only take the time to format them properly when I'm not at work ie: when the US members are asleep.

Did you know the Minutemen are patrolling the US-Canada border as we speak?????

new topics

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join