It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ThreadKillers Anonymous

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Arts & Culture? What?! I'm not artsy fartsy...

As for selection...

Hmm.

What genre are we going to do first, that's what we need to decide. I mean comedy?

Old school, Zoolander, PCU, Animal house, Van Wilder, Harold and Kumar.

Zombie?

all the Of the dead movies. Evil dead, sortof.

Drama? none.

Weird? Donnie Darko, Red Dawn, Vanilla Sky, To the maxx

Or how about TV? Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, Cow and chicken (lol), or any other cartoons.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Harold and Kumar is By far the funniest movie I have seen yet.

I totally think we need to watch that but you're forgetting a classic funny, Natl lampoons european vacation or Christmas vacation. As far as dark goes we should watch something like naked lunch, or Pink Flyd The Wall, and can I request at least one Muppets episode as well as COW and Chicken? Please... DOnt make me grovel PLEEEEEEEEEEESE

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Oh jeez, I totally forgot about this movie my dad loves ( I like it too) its called National Lampoon's Senior Trip. That movie cracks me up! SO FUNNY!

Now, let me see if I can rent *cough* and upload it.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by denial28
Harold and Kumar is By far the funniest movie I have seen yet.

I totally think we need to watch that but you're forgetting a classic funny, Natl lampoons european vacation or Christmas vacation. As far as dark goes we should watch something like naked lunch, or Pink Flyd The Wall, and can I request at least one Muppets episode as well as COW and Chicken? Please... DOnt make me grovel PLEEEEEEEEEEESE

I like all these! Harold and Kumar - hilarious! Let's watch that followed by European Vacation and a Muppet episode, or a Muppet movie - the one with the tin foil hat and gonzo and Earth, Wind and Fire.

Kala my mac doesn't like your efeteepee.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Kalapadea you have very fine taste

Old School is funny, Zoolander hilarious and Animal House/Harold & Kumar running around on the floor peeing my pants. Simpsons is on the telly too much while Family Guy is great. What about Futurama though?

Donnie Darko would be good as that's one that doesn't get played much on my DVD player but is a little too serious for my liking.

Personally I think for the full on MST3000 effect I think you have to crank the cheese factor up to Gorgonzola and go for the worst films you can think of. Not good ones. Bad ones. Awful ones. Wooden acting, dire plots and wobbly cardboard monsters.

Here are my suggestions:

Can't Stop the Music.
Battlefield Earth
Showgirls (already comes with a MST-type commentary)
The Stuff
Hackers
They Live
Highlander II - The Quickening

There are many many more out there...

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   
LOL! They live! PERFECT!

I liked Hackers... only on the thought that I fly through those mainframes...

Starship Troopers?
Pitch Black?

Those movies rank up there on my scifi list. More for casual entertainment than MST3000 though.

ooo! ooo! Underworld, waterworld, MadMax.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I agree with Kedfr - your taste in movies is great Kala. Starship Troopers - when I was first watched this I was in heaven. What a great Sci-fi film.

Battlefield Earth had me rolling around laughing. I laugh now when I think of Travolta's platform boots and that Hair!

Pitch Black - only one thing I can say about that - Vin Diesel at his finest.

Kedfr- Can't stop the music is hilarious beyond words. Is there no end to the badness of this movie? Like when that one guy in the tight cut off jeans - I think it is the 'Indian' from the Village people is dancing around spraying the plants with water and bending down everytime he can and the camera man forgets he is filming a movie and concentrates on his bottom instead. Ok, it was a great bottom, but people this was a good 190 second interlude of bottom shot.

I also think whatshiname in Birdcage, the Simpson voice guy who played the Nicaraguan maid, based his scene on the one I mentioned.

Classic. Can Gargonzola get any better than this?

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Has EVERYONE seen Momento?

FIght Club... great movie

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
First rule of Fight Club is...
I watched it SO many times and Love it. I always get a kick out of it.

I'm slightly less impressed with Memento - possibly because I believe my idea of time and memory to be much better.

Nikelbee

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
One of my favs---An MST3000 classic

[edit on 4-11-2005 by shadow watcher]

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
'Welcome to Robot Club. The first rule of Robot Club is: You do not talk about Robot Club. The second rule of Robot Club is: You do not talk abo... wait a minute, I've got that wrong... the second rule is: No Smoking.'

[edit on 4-11-2005 by kedfr]

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Another great/bad film is Earthquake with Moses himself, Charlton Heston. What a bad, cheesy, flick.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
OMG I nearly forgot about.....ATTACK OF THE KILLER TOMATOS!!

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
OK for really horrible stinky horror, check out Jack Frost 2: Attack of the killer mutant snowman! Or dead alive! JF2 has actual felt puppet snowballs with teeth, and the snowman was a deathrow inmate, that had come back as a ghost and when his ashes mixed with antifreeze it caused a mutation, so.... You get the hint

[edit on 11/4/2005 by denial28]

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Denial, that is SO funny. Jack2 looks awful! Puffballs with teeth? Why is there a girl in a bikini in the back cover and why do 'Jack's' eyebrows look so strange?

For truly bad - Manos, Hands of Fate anyone?

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikelbee
Why is there a girl in a bikini in the back cover

Theres a sequence where she is doing a photo shoot and she asks for a cold drink, an ice cube is actually part of Jack, and he turns into a vicious killing spear when she bites him

I guess the eyebrows are all part of his Evility

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Hahahah - well the quote says, 'he's icin and slicin'' so can't be too bad can it? The eyebrows are another matter entirely. Almost like an afterthought. Then again, look at the graphics on the puffball w/teeth.

*shudder*

Have you ever watched any of the Leprachaun movies? 'Leprechaun back 2 tha Hood' in particular.

[edit on 4-11-2005 by nikelbee]

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
OMG Yeah, I love the little ghetto razor Kart he has I want one!

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
For some reason I want to watch Super Troopers, or Akira.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The bear scene in Super troopers was funny as h-e- double hockey sticks!

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join