It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ThreadKillers Anonymous

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
*collapses on a bean bag and stuffs a donut in mouth* mufff ummffumumff, mfumfummufmum!
Translation: I'm happy to be apart of this club and would like to be made Expert Stratagist of thread killing.

[edit on 22-9-2005 by Voidmaster]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Tinkle, you most beaudacious of flowers

Thank you, thank you for all the wonderful gizzits.

However, a couple of small points.

1. Am I the shape of a mouse? :shk: Why the mouse climbing frame or, does everybody think I look like that
Tweetypie? :shk:

2. KiteKat, wonderful. Please could you get me something with ground beef in it?

3. Can you get me something with ground beef and pasta in it?

4. Better yet, can you get me something to eat that microwaves in 15 minutes, comes in it's own carton which has ground beef, pasta and cheese in it? :shk:

5. Even better still, can you get me a huge portion of the above, so that after I've licked the dish clean, you can put my little red velvet cushion in it and go to sleep? :shk:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The "mouse" climbing frame is so you can torture your prey before eating 'em.

Gotta keep 'em fit, you know.

To your other questions:

Yes, yes and lots more "yes" answers.

As long as you promise never, ever to wee in my shoes, on my beeyootiful plum coloured velvet blanket, or my donuts.

Deal?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
And you're not allowed to sit in my chair when I'm not here either. I know you're a cat, but that chair is off limits.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Back over on page 5 of this thread I made a blatant threadkilling post by going off topic and trying to hijack this thread.

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

NASA signed a $68.35 million modification to the International Space Station contract with The Boeing Company. The modification provides a system to supply Station electrical power to docked Space Shuttles, enabling the Orbiter to stay longer at the complex.

www.spaceflightnow.com...

Good news for NASA. Extending shuttle stays at the ISS will allow crews valuable time to complete more tasks while on orbit.
The station will have more solar panels in the near future, after the bugs get worked out of the main fuel tank shedding foam.

You folks here at "ThreadKillers Anonymous" didn't even blink.
You've seen it all before...........

This was only a test

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It takes a lot more than THAT to phase us. We're expert ThreadKillers, and have seen much in our years of TKing.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
A simple demo of doing it twice, carrot-shaped not duck-shaped.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

I now move on to serenity prayers and abstinence.

*Get your act together MA. You first tried to link to your own reply box for that thread. What an imbecile. You don't even have the basic thread navigation skills, let alone any expertise in threadicide. I wouldn't pay you to whack a thread, you would have it clinging for life without finishing the job, leaving yourself exposed and implicating the conspirators... too easy for the thread cops.*

[edit on 22-9-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Have some donuts and coffee. Here's a nice nametag for you. We're working on expanding our meeting room so don't mind the construction.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a preview of "The Offical Guide to Thread-Killing"
A killing post should pertain to the discussion. The killing post should talk about what the discussion is, but be so balantly stupid about it people will look at it and think, "Boy, that person is such an idiot I'm not even going to comment." And they won't. There are plenty of variations on this but since this is the preview I won't mention them.

Hijacking Threads
Hijacking threads is the art of manipulation, simplified. All you have to do is play on people's feelings. You need to know your enemy. Their likes, dislikes, gross-outs, if you know these hijacking is simply posting something with the content that they like, dislike, or that grosses them out and they'll get sidetracked.

Avoiding the mods
There really isn't anything you can do about it as long as the mods don't know your doing it on purpose. So you gotta be stealth if you want to attempt this. To put it poetically, "They are the gatekeepers. They are guarding all the doors and they are holding all the keys." You have to play by their rules and they don't have to play by them. Just because you haven't broken T&C doesn't mean you won't get nailed for it. For instance I might get in trouble for this even though, to the best of my knowledge, it doesn't violate T&C.

This was just a preview, and it will only be turned into a handbook if the called for by TKA.
P.S. Mods, I wouldn't be suprised if you deleted this and I'm almost expecting it. If you delete it I won't say another word about it, and if I do make a copy for myself I won't post it here. EVER.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I did it I did it, yay !

I have never felt so welcomed.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
We have Treasurer, and Foreign Minister left to fill, so start thinking about what positions you'd like to run for. In the meantime, donuts and coffee all around. :w:

[edit on 9/22/2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I have returned from a brief recon...

www.abovetopsecret.com... is a whopping 3026 posts long! Began on 7/2/2004 by [color=#330099]FredT (moderator extradonaire, from the looks of it)
Definitely a Type 1.

www.abovetopsecret.com... comes in at 639 posts--but the significant thing about this one is it only started 9/1/2005!
The sire of this little puppy is [color=#CC0000]55heroes--who only just joined the day before this thread was started. I definitely think this one merits a close eye--could be dangerous...
Modus operandi seems to be Type 2.

This, of course, is only a tidbit of my upcoming list...
a couple of potential belt-notches for anyone who's interested in a fresh kill.

I found one for me-self, a wee little thread of only about 790 posts long--it would be in me area of expertise so I think I might just have me a new target.
Aye, laddies and lassies, 'tis indeed good to be a useful soul again. *sigh* Darn sight better than playin' the bagpipes, that's fer sure.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I've been keeping watch on the second thread. He's cheating with that one. It appears to be one person posting as three. I've been participating in it, somewhat, and have been considering killing it just to be safe. This thread is actually serving a useful purpose, in that it is a wonderful example of troll activity for all the newbies.

Excellent report to start things off. I look forward to a more detailed report from you. Have some donuts.

[edit on 9/23/2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Anxiety, you are a kitten compared to me.

It is well known in the world of science, that we cats are physic and have physic abilities. As I saw your post coming, I simply alerted our members telepathically to the trojan horse, so everybody ignored it.

If you are going to try any fith column crap, you really must get up very early in the morning to get past me.

Tinkle my darling, loving pro-cat Lady, I would never wee in your shoes, although I do find climbing up your 4 inch platforms a bit of a struggle.

I would also like you to put pictures of my cat hero Garfield above my velvet cushion. A4 size will do, although I would like A3. purrr, purrr, purrr

To the rest of you, I am a cat! A free spirit, that chooses where and when to go to sleep, so my dear Zaphod you chair is not off limits.

And PLEASE will somebody shut that
whining bitch up, next door?

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
That's why I set a bunch of hoses set to motion sensors pointed at my chair. So that when you sit in it, they all shoot and soak you.
I know how cats work already.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Beware of potential TKA's who are not of our ranks:

Originally posted by queenannie38

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween

Originally posted by queenannie38
No, it would seem your preference lies in attempting to 'compound the path' by engaging in circular arguments and assumptions.

What exactly is circular about it, save for your assertion that it is?

Because it's going nowhere and there is no obvious objective related to the intended topic of this thread--other than what seems very much like your desire to take an off-shoot comment between me and another poster and run with it--into an oblivion of babble which already hurts my head. And since I'm not a dingbat--thinking doesn't hurt my head, but pointless illogical debates do.

As to the rest of your post, I'm going to decline particpating in the muddle--call it what you like--I know what it is.

This could have really got things rather strung out.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But I'm not biting.

I bite, that's why.

Baaa ha ha ha

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Thanks for that warning. We'll have to keep an eye on those TKers that aren't part of us, and decide to either bring them into the fold, or gun them down ruthlessly, and keep them from from giving us a bad name.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Zaphod, I hearby apply for the TKA 'special forces'.

Cate are renowned for their ability to gain entrance in to any establishment, and hunt.

I am especially good and rooting out the subversive element within our ranks. Let's face it, nobody ever takes any notice of a cat slinking about on their little pink pads.

I could mew pittilessly, run myself across their legs so that they go all goey, bend down and stroke me silly.

All I then have to do is follow them home, scratch at their door and they will take pity on me, they will befriend me.

Once they have taken me in, fed me and I have lulled them into a false sense of security, I could [hopefully] jump up on their laps, and unleash my secret weapon - cat fleas!

Once the job has been completed and they throw me out, I simply move on to the next infiltrator.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 03:38 AM
link   
You know that's not a bad idea. We need an SF unit to infiltrate threads. Then we can unleash a sneak attack when no one expects it. We don't always want to declare a full scale war on a thread. If we have an SF unit then there's plausible deniability. But we'll have to U2U the members of it, so that we don't give it away to anyone reading this. It won't do to have an SF unit and then announce all the members of it.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
You know that's not a bad idea. We need an SF unit to infiltrate threads. Then we can unleash a sneak attack when no one expects it. We don't always want to declare a full scale war on a thread. If we have an SF unit then there's plausible deniability. But we'll have to U2U the members of it, so that we don't give it away to anyone reading this. It won't do to have an SF unit and then announce all the members of it.

I agree completely oh Great One. But I think we should give long hard thought to the term Special Forces. Is it really conveying what we want to say? Maybe we could call it the Forces of Special Unit or the Special Unit of Forces.

Also King Zaph, we need to discuss our dangerthread. Shall we name a time when we discuss? I'll be waiting over there by the couch with my cup of Lady Grey and my laptop; no donuts today. I overindulged yesterday at the party.

[edit on 23-9-2005 by nikelbee]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join