It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ThreadKillers Anonymous

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   
And when you do, you must tell me where it is. It sounds right up my alley.
Your podcast was so you Kalapadea. Randomness is good no? Why do you want to be all cookie-cutter?

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Im up to a whole 32.41 percent complete in 24 hours now! You had to see me trying to get Watership down. that took forever too. Stinks when you enjoy the non mainstream movies, you can never find them anywhere
When it's done I can AIM it to you Nick

[edit on 10/26/2005 by denial28]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 03:27 AM
link   
You are a sweetie. I will await patiently standing/sitting by my IM. I cried during Watership. Gawd, I'm useless! The film I had a hardtime getting was 'Can't stop the music' the awful, awfully hilarious 80s movie staring the Village People. I love bad, cheesy musicals and this qualifies.

The good news is that I can now do the dances like a pro

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I warn you now it will probably be about 2 more days before I get all of it. But over high speed Internet connections it takes about 15 minutes to receive something.

Please let me explain something about watership down. The first time I saw it I was six. I cried every single time I saw it. I haven't seen the damn movie in about 20 years
(Egads, that makes me sound old!)
And I watched it for the first time about a month ago, did housework getting ready to pack for Vegas, and didn't really get absorbed into it.

Next thing you know, I am sitting down on the couch, glancing over at it talking to my other half, when the last scene comes and I lose it again. How can one cartoon hold that much emotional power????? Its almost scary! For crying out loud, it's a CARTOON about Bunnies with british accents!!!! I didnt even cry during seabiscuit-ok so maybe i cried a little

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I don't think I ever bothered to watch watership down... but maybe I did.

All I can say, is the Rats of NIMH movie scared the hell outta me when I was like 10. Like to the point I remember my mom bought the movie and I was all afraid of watching it. Craziness... since I go to the movies now and laugh at horror movies.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
"Bright Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyes. Burning like Fire"

Art Garfunkel's greatest moment as a solo artist.

Incidently, W/Down is pure evil. It is manipulative and cruel. I know lets show this dead bunny rabbit prancing around to this really sad song by the same guy who did Mrs Robinson.

Evil.

Incidently, I've got the original Richard Adams books somewhere at home. Never read it. Makes me sad just looking at the cover.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Hi all!

I feel so left out, I haven't been able to chat for ages... I missed the zombie movies and everything.
But I did watch Return of the Living Dead and got my zombie fix.

This Feebles movies sounds interesting, now I want to see it too!

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
you all should be ASHAMED!
showing pride in the destruction of communication. we come here to communicate and share ideas, and being a 'threadkiller' is paramount to being an informational terrorist.
you don't like other's ideas, so if you can stop them from communicating through tried and true beration tactics, you pat yourselves on the back.

nice.

:shk:

[edit on 26-10-2005 by billybob]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I'm going to take a wild shot in the dark here and guess you haven't read this very lengthy thread in it's entirety. We sorted all that out over twenty pages ago.

Thanks for judging us without bothering to get the facts straight and have a nice day!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
showing pride in the destruction of communication. we come here to communicate and share ideas, and being a 'threadkiller' is paramount to being an informational terrorist.

I wonder if running in here with unnecessary attacks and accusations doesn't make you feel just a wee bit silly...

Note that this thread has over 40 pages of posts, do you honestly think a MOD wouldn't have said something by now? Doesn't it surprise you that a long thread like this, with its goal of 'destroying' or abusing communication is still going strong and hasn't been shut down already by the powers that be? You are the first person in over 750 posts to take our joke literally.

What makes you think we take pride in the destruction of communication? What I see here are many pages of well written, funny (at times hilarious even) much needed camaraderie between people who like and respect one another. No one is trying to stop anyone from communicating. Quite the opposite, we invite others to join in and share their ideas as to why one may not always be a succesful poster.

Most of the TKAers are well-respected, hard working members of ATS. One has only to look at their posts to see the way they strive to deliver intelligent, researched and well thought-out contributions to the forums.

you don't like other's ideas, so if you can stop them from communicating through tried and true beration tactics, you pat yourselves on the back.

If the MODS decide we have outlived our thread, THEY will shut it down. Until then, I suggest you take Duzey's advice and spend some time reading what this thread is really about, before you make silly accusations that make you sound ill-informed.

Oh and by the way...flinging words like 'informational terrorist' really has no place here. The word terrorism is overused as it is and is quickly becoming one of those terms that can be applied as a blanket phrase for everything that one disagrees with. It is sad when the power of language is abused that way. No one here is abusing, destroying, or stopping anyone from having ideas or thoughts.

Think before you speak.

[edit on 26-10-2005 by nikelbee]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
APPLES!

Now, Billy what have we learned today? That you have issues reading, writing, and understanding. Please take an hour to read the rest of this thread, before declaring us terrorists.

Now, gg glhf rtfm newb. (aka, timeout, come back)

In other news, U2U me for those who were talkin about... der umm... Meet the Feebles. I'm going to go buy it on friday... since I can't find it, and it's worth watching. To the TKA lounge! U2U me

Billy, if you're still here... ABOUT FACE! Proceed to page 1.

[edit on 10/26/2005 by Kalapadea]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
oh, MAN! jOO guys are so PWNED by me!

i was trying(lamely, i admit) to KILL THIS THREAD.
that way i, billybob, would be the UNDISPUTED KING OF THE THREADKILLERS.

oh, well. there's always model trains.

threadkilling is fun.

have a nice day.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
You posted an argument ish, you're more likely to have nikelbee find you and slap you, than kill THIS thread.

Only 13yr olds are using jOO and PWNED anymore, it was funny like 3 years ago in CS, but no.

[edit on 10/26/2005 by Kalapadea]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
As Number 2 and Vice-President of Threadkillers Anonymous, I would like to say that Zaphod58 will always be the Beloved and Benevolent Dictator of this club.

I will be held personally responsible if he comes back and an usurper has taken his place.

Duzey---->

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Hi Duze, I didn't get a chance to welcome you back. You missed Zombie night. :w:

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
It's all good duze, we'll have Puppet night. In your honor, followe by family guy movie, followed by The eternal sunshine of the spotless mind.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Thanks for the welcomes!

I was devastated when I missed Zombie Night. To console myself, I broke out Army of Darkness and Return of the Living Dead.

A quick overview of Duzey's opinions on some of the movies and genres mentioned:

Donnie Darko - How can you not love this movie??? It has a giant rabbit named Frank.

Any movie with zombies =

The Muppets are a timeless classic. I rememer seeing Queen do Bohemian Rhapsody and Alice Cooper do Welcome to My Nightmare. I have to get those DVD's.

Secret of NIHM - Loved that movie but the rats did seem a little scary.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - Am I the only person on Earth that doesn't like this movie? It does nothing for me. I haven't felt so let down since ET. I didn't like ET either.

Family Guy -

I do want to see this Feebles movie. The clincher was the cover shot. How can I not want to watch that?

Horror movies - I love them. My DVD collection includes maybe 3 movies that aren't horror. I enjoy the classics like Killer Klowns from Outer Space and Last House on the Left.

Bring on the movies!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
showing pride in the destruction of communication.

WTF????????
Where'd that one come from?
Apparently someone had his cheerios peed on this morning

So....I like Cheese?
Apparently watershipdown was a childrens book, but was then quickly upgraded to adult fiction, because of the violence, and yes, NIMH scared the bejeezus outta me too...

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kalapadea
followed by The eternal sunshine of the spotless mind.

Ilove that movie

And should anyone want them I have about 400 eps of the muppet show And I'd be mre than happy to share them

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I have never read Watership Down. Word got out on the schoolyard that rabbits died in it, so I decided I didn't want to read a book with dead bunnies in it.

Dead bunnies make me sad. Except for Frank in Donnie Darko.

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join