It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ThreadKillers Anonymous

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Your grace - I'd like to suggest items we can discuss during our next committee meetings.

We can have guest speakers come and talk to us about how to successfully NOT kill a thread (always good to know how the other side thinks).

We need a researcher who will go topside ATS and make notes on who the really succesful posters are.

We should (to balance things out) also research some non TKA members who are actively and single-handedly killing threads and invite them to speak on their techniques, motivations and tips for TKers everywhere.

Finally I suggest the implementation of the TKer thread of the day - could be nominated by council or members, where we dissect a thread and figure out what went wrong or in our case, right.

I have more suggestions - I'm so full of it - I mean them, so full of helpful suggestions - but won't overwhelm you now.

I'm off to buy some Ferragamos - woohoo

(tinkle you have an icon of shoes?)

Nikelbee - TKA Press Secretary

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Ferragamo's?!?! *drools* Which ones?

(Sorry for going off topic, but they're Ferragamo's.
)

PS - Hey those are some good ideas for the club

[edit on 22-9-2005 by Duzey]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I'm very impressed by those suggestions! It makes up for me wanting to take your coffee and donuts away for that crack about not being interesting.

You really are full of it, I mean ideas.

I really like the idea of having guest speakers. That might prove enlightening.

Queenannie, as our newest Member, I hereby appoint you to start our research project on who some of the successful posters on the boards are. Don't worry about contacting them as speakers, that will be taken care of later, but we'll need a short list of names as to who you think are successful posters on ATS, BTS, or PTS. We don't need this information right away, so report back when you find time, but no later than Monday. Luckily we're still organizing, and finding Members, so there's not a super big rush on this.

[edit on 9/22/2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   
There seems to be two main types of successful posters.

Type 1 - People who make informative, well thought out posts that make the reader think and want to learn more. People respond because they think they have some information to add or questions or comments to make.

Type 2 - People who purposely take a stance that they know is guaranteed to provoke people. People respond to either say 'I totally agree' or because they want to prove the poster wrong.

queenannie, you should try to note which type of posters make your list. It would be a nice addition to the database we'll need to create on these posters.

Welcome to the club!

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:35 AM
link   
The Council needs to sit down and have a meeting to come up with the definition of a dangerous thread, and any more Cabinet level positions we want to dole out.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Morning my fellow TK'ers!

I have noted that Queenannie would be a fabulous TK Assassin, don't you think?

She's more than able of surreptitiously getting in there and quickly killing a thread, even when more experienced TK'ers are at their finest....if Queenannie would be willing, I seriously think we should considered this

The position doesn't award a payrise (as such), but you do get fourth or fifth refusal of The Best Donut Selection.

And more creamer

Ferragamo? Wasn't he the dude from The Hulk who played the ...green Hulk?

No?

Ok, Ok, shutting up.

Before I inadvertently keel this ....

[edit on 22-9-2005 by Tinkleflower]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Hey Duzey, I've decided that since you don't have an official position, I'm gonna name you my Vice President and Seat Warmer. I'm going to visit my fiancee in about a month and won't be able to keep track of TKA on a regular basis, so I'm going to entrust it to you. But don't get any ideas of a coup while I'm gone! You're only warming my seat and keeping things on track for me.

That was Lou Ferrigno that was on the Hulk. And I think that's a great idea. We should make Queenannie our Researcher and Assassin.

[edit on 9/22/2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Hey Duzey, I've decided that since you don't have an official position, I'm gonna name you my Vice President and Seat Warmer.

I, along with our other members, are really relieved you later clarified this position.

It left some funny visuals....

That was Lou Ferrigno that was on the Hulk. And I think that's a great idea. We should make Queenannie our Researcher and Assassin.

We should have special TK Ferrigno days! Where we can only eat donuts with green frosting....you know, like St Patrick's Day? Only better.

Researcher & Assissin Extraordinaire is a grand idea. As long as it's not "assissinating researchers", because then I'd cry a bit.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
We LIKE researchers though. We don't want to assassinate them. Some of the TKA members are great researchers. I mean we're so good at it that a single reply after doing some research blows everyone out of the water and shuts down the thread.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
We LIKE researchers though. We don't want to assassinate them. Some of the TKA members are great researchers. I mean we're so good at it that a single reply after doing some research blows everyone out of the water and shuts down the thread.

Sigh. See that's what kills my threads. I can spend hours researching summat (like I do...oh come on, you've seen my dissertations
), put it all together in a perdy package and....

Poof.

Deader than a really smelly dead thing. The Thread Is Dead. Long Live The Thread.

I'm sure, when people see my name as the last post, they just think "Oh no...here she goes...verbal diarrhea strikes again..." and then run away before they get hit with "I-covered-every-angle-so-you'll-find-it-hard-to-rebut-this-matey"-itis.

At least, that's I was telled...

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I think they were just being polite and didn't want to tell you that you babble endlessly and don't make the slightest bit of sense.
But then that's what got us all into TKA so it just means you fit in perfectly with us.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Then I'm proud of my Babbling Brook!

Which sounds much worse than I'd intended.

Ok, it appears that in the rush to satisfy the coffee needs of everyone else (and the tea...see list below for details), I've neglected my own.

To wit...

I shall immediately go and rescue the last cup of Sanka (wasn't that a Faith No More track? No...wait..that was Last Cup Of Sorrow...well, I was close. See? I'm babbling again).

Yours very sincerely

TwinklyTinkle, Ministeria of The Interior, and Leader Of The Babbling Brook SubCommittee.

(hah..admit it, you're ALL singing "Your last cup of Sanka....ahaaa..." to the tune of Last Cup Of Sorrow, aren't you?)

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I can't sing it. I'm too busy laughing at your senseless babbling.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I am a threadkiller. And I am proud of it.

I don't seek to kill threads. It just happens, and not that often. I am an optimist and put it down to the fact that my intelligent reasoning makes it impossible for people to contribute further to the thread. This may or may not be true, but I stand as a threadkiller, and hold my head up high!!

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   
None of us actually SEEK to kill threads, except the dangerous ones of course. But that's the point of TKA. For us ThreadKillers to come and be proud of our accomplishments, and to get organized to potect the board from those dangerous and uppity threads. If you're gonna be good at something, you might as well be proud of it.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
[edit on 22-9-2005 by Duzey]

All of them! When dealing with ferras - there is no such thing as a favourite

Originally posted by Tinkleflower
Sigh. See that's what kills my threads. I can spend hours researching summat (like I do...oh come on, you've seen my dissertations
), put it all together in a perdy package and....

Poof.

Deader than a really smelly dead thing. The Thread Is Dead. Long Live The Thread.

Tinkle, I think if you want to apply for Top researcher position - Hearby known as Doctor Tinkle - you need to resign from interior minister (but not from donut and drink duty because that's too valuable). What do you think Jefe?

You are a very good researcher TF. Your threads prove it. But if you mention the dissertation word one more time, I'll have to change my vote.

Here are my notes for our current group status:

TKA Cabinet

El Generalisimo Doctor Don aka The Honourable Zaph as our 'presidente'
Tinkleflower as Interior Minister but soon to be TKA Doctor Flower
Moi as your Press Secretary complete with Ferragamos and swishy hair
Duzey as Number 2
Queenannie as TKA Viper Assasin
Fritz the Cat as official Mascot

Posts to fill:

Treasurer
Foreign Minister of TKA Affairs
Intern

New Members (let's welcome them warmly everyone)

Anxietydisorder
Dulcimer
Blanketgirl

Interested in membership, lurking or just bored

MaskedAvatar
Voidmaster
Mayet
Timski
Vass
Rren
Spacedoubt

Troublemaker

Jonna

Drinks and Donut dispatch list (please remember to pay your fees and post your preference including donut choice or you'll get stuck with the frosty ones)

Coffee, tea, mountain dew, pepsi, coke

Red jelly and chocolate

Lou Ferrigmo day on Friday - Green donuts for everyone

Next topic of discussion: The Dangerthread: How to write one, how to avoid one.

nk- PR

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Welcome, Cargo!

Do you have a coffee/tea/caffeine preference?

(I meant to list the types of tea in an earlier post, but I got sidetracked singing 'Your...last cup of Sankaaaaaaaa...")

(I get sidetracked a lot, you know)

Pull up a cushion, get comfy and Deny Thread Viability!

List Of Teas Currently Available

Earl Grey

Lady Grey

Regular tea - Lipton's and Tetley (PG Tips will cost 2c/bag. They're 'spensive)

Noncaff Herbal varieties (that'd be legal herbs, friends, sorry)

Lapsang Souchong (look, I know it smells like leather. I like it, mkay?)

Various green teas, both caffeinated and non.

This really great Tibetan stuff I buy. I can't remember the name, but it's yummy.

There's eleventy different varieties of coffee, too.

Including Sanka (which should be our official drink, perhaps?)

Yours sincerely,

TwinklyTinkle, your Sankalicious* Ministeria of the Interior

*no, it says SANKalicious. Not "SKANKalicious". I double checked

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Ok, voting for the remaining positions will take place this weekend after we have a few more Members. Once we have three more Members, we'll throw open the remaining positions. The Members can tell us which position they are interested in, and the Council will vote on who will fill each position the best, with input from the Members.

Thank you for that press release. Very informative as usual.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   
*coughs* Nik, please accept my fullest apologies for stepping on your toes (in four inch platforms, no less), and rushing in to do a press release before you got chance.

It's all Zaph's fault.

He's making me wear these really dodgy platforms.

And a denim mini skirt.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Hey hey hey! You volunteered to wear them! At least I agreed to your pink bracelets.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join