It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ThreadKillers Anonymous

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Yea, maybe you guys were, but I've been playing hot potato with the fleas. Except we couldn't find a potato, so we used a talking donut. He says he doesn't mind the attention.

fr person: I despise your type at conferences, your questions/answers put me to sleep. But then again, that could be a good thing. Come here, let's watch a movie.

Oooh! Oooh! Oooh! /jumps up and down and waves arms.

Hey, zaph, have YOU seen the family guy movie?

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikelbee
But you are really going to have to get a'killin - newbie-hood is no excuse for true TKing ability.

Okay. of the 22 of the threads I've posted in (excluding this one), 10 of them are thread kills.

That's a mightily high percentage in my opinion. (45%)

I like to think of it as a gift. Others like to call it The Curse of Kedfr.

(adopts grizzled old man by the sea voice)

"Yo don waana go thar. Kedfr waalks thm roads. Ee b a'thread killa. Been murderin' innocent threads eva since ee joined ATS. Bewarr the Kurse of Kedfr. You 'ave to ignore him completely or your thread will die a premature death..."

Newbie I may be to this forum but I am an old soul with many moons of thread killing (and infantithreadicide) under my belt. I also have a knack for created sterile threads where no child replies are born...

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I'm at about a 35% ratio. Its lower than it was, because I bump a few back into the mainstream, and people post sometimes, or at least more often then not. Don't Give up!

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Actually it is more than a little soul-destroying to spend time carefully putting together a well-thought out argument and then it is outright ignored. Makes you just want to opine about a random subject from a controversial standpoint if only to confirm that you are not on everyone's 'ignore' list.

Hrm. Why do I increasingly sound like Moe?

Chief Wiggum: Uh! People! We're officially over capacity. (2500 Persons) I'll take one person out, someone who's alone, who's already bitter, someone's feeling who's been trampled on so many times one more won't make any.. oh Moe!

Moe: Yep! That's me alright...

Chief Wiggum: Sorry Moe... You can either walk out with diginity or I can push you down this muddy hill.

Moe: I prefer that you push me, now that I am desperate for any human contact...

Chief Wiggum: eh, thanks a lot... (Pushes Moe down with his stick)

[edit on 21-10-2005 by kedfr]

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Awwww - poor Moe. You've come to the right place. 48% is pretty good. :w: eez friday ja?

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
In honor of fr, I'm watching shaun of the dead.

Well, its on pause while I type here, but I was watching it before I came here, and I'll go back after I stop. Then we'll sit down, have a vote on whether family guy or simpsons reign supreme, and proceed to have a marathon on DVD. Agreed?

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kalapadea
In honor of fr, I'm watching shaun of the dead.

Well, its on pause while I type here, but I was watching it before I came here, and I'll go back after I stop. Then we'll sit down, have a vote on whether family guy or simpsons reign supreme, and proceed to have a marathon on DVD. Agreed?

Shaun of the Dead is a great movie - obviously not as good as 1978 Dawn of the Dead (but then again what is - I would have written an MA dissertation on this movie had I not been so stupid as to write a course essay on it). Did you know Simon Pegg is in Land of the Dead?

Sorry but you really need to keep me off the zombies. I'm a 40 a day man. Have been ever since I went to a friend's birthday party aged 9 and Return of the Living Dead was playing in the front room.

"Braaaaaaains......Braaaaaaaaaaains"

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Agreed
I'll come back later. I love Shaun of the Dead. :bash: I'm a huge zombie fan.
Hey, we should have a movie marathon some night and the fleas can make popcorn.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I know simon Pegg was in Land of the dead, he was in the photobooth

HEck yes, movie marathon!

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikelbee
Agreed
I'll come back later. I love Shaun of the Dead. :bash: I'm a huge zombie fan.
Hey, we should have a movie marathon some night and the fleas can make popcorn.

Zombie Movie Marathon.

Okay, well I'm proposing Dawn(original & remake), Night (original & remake), Shaun, 28 Days, South Park Pink eye episode, Return of the Living Dead, Dead Alive, Evil Dead II, Thriller, Resident Evil. Land and Day are possibilities but we'd all be asleep by then I'd wager. Am I missing anything?

Alternatively we dump the above into a mineshaft and concentrate on the real zombie classics. Films like Chopper Chicks in Zombietown, or I Spit on Your Grave.

You decide.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Alright Zombie lovers, there is a thread for zombie loving somewhere around here - take it outside.

Seriously though, there seem to be a large number of 'zombie loving' people on ATS alone (if not the rest of the world but who cares about them pah!). I wonder what this means? As far as writing about them academically, I've heard of ppl using them in all manner of research to represent things like consumerism, media brain washing, soldiers of war and government propaganda. I personally know of at least 3 people who managed to work zombies into their thesis and I've heard unfounded rumours that someone is even working on a 'zombie' PhD. I'm sure Romero would be proud.

'Yes, I have a doctorate in the Undead.'

One of the reasons I love horror films so much is that the really good ones (and even the bad ones) can be interpreted to represent our worst nightmares, and these are often societal fears, like with vampires of Victorian times or the Stepfordness of the 50s (Hammer Horror and Sci-fi) slashers/serial killers of the 70s films (Halloween, Alien, Texas Chainsaw) global destruction/nuclear fears (too many to mention in 70s and 80s) and technology out to get us (mainly coming from Japan and Korea). Recently there has also emerged a trend toward occult and religious scary films - perhaps speaking to our apocalyptic fears?

While I like zombies, they are not my favourite scary genre, nor do I ever have zombies in my nightmares, although I seem to have just about everything else. Perhaps it is because they are slightly diversionary for me rather than straight out scary?

I hope I am not being sexist by saying that the majority of ppl actually 'fearful' of zombies seem to be male, as the films and games of that genre will show; as will the elation of zombie annihilation by all manner of blunt object or exploding paraphanelia. I wonder why that is and why most women don't feel the same compulsion to destroy the undead. Now that would be an interesting paper.

I often end up feeling sorry for them anyway instead of feeling fear - then again, if a 'real' zombie were to approach me, I'm sure I might just change my viewpoint.

So you are in good company Kedr. I wholeheartedly agree we need a zombiethon.

(note to self: do not start rambling, meaningless zombie posts after night of going out)

[edit on 22-10-2005 by nikelbee]

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Sexism in relation to the undead... that would be a weird paper...

/writes notes on a large pad

I saw batman begins last night, that movie was good... darn good, best batman yet. But it needed more zombies.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Sexism in relation to the undead... that would be a weird paper...

/writes notes on a large pad

I saw batman begins last night, that movie was good... darn good, best batman yet. But it needed more zombies.

Actually every film needs more zombies. There should be a zombie quota of three zombies per movie I reckon.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Where has everyone gone? This weekend has been like a tomb - a land of the living dead. Kedre, I think you cursed us with your zombie breathe.

I read your zombie story btw - good stuff.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Ta-da!!!!!!!!

My 1000th post!

...most of which has qualified me for this very thread!

Perhaps now many will be revived, as I shamelessly promote my prolific (even if no one cares to comment) posting ability....

[edit on 23-10-2005 by loam]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Ahh, what a long and boring weekend. Let's see, cleaned out car, played madden 06, slept, watched like 6 hours straight of spongebob... slept. And that's about it.

Did ya miss my random posts loamy green foamy?

Craziness, my head is filled with spongy quotes.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Ahh, what a long and boring weekend. Let's see, cleaned out car, played madden 06, slept, watched like 6 hours straight of spongebob... slept. And that's about it.

Did ya miss my random posts loamy green foamy?

Craziness, my head is filled with spongy quotes.

Sounds errrr exciting.
Far more exciting than what I did. Gotta love the Sponge Bob
I'm not sure about 6 hours straight. As for your posts Kalapadea, you were actually lucid and non-random for a whole page. I'm begining to get worried. Shall we call someone?

Loamy!!!! Happy 1000th post. Even though, as you said, most of them qualify for TKA status *wink*. How do you feel about zombies my green friend? We've been discussing them non-stop. Please weigh-in with your learn-ED comments. Not that Kalapadea and Kedfr haven't been succinct and learnEDED themselves *cough cough*

[edit on 24-10-2005 by nikelbee]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Ok... So do I have to renew my membership at this time?, Its been 3 weeks
So hi Im back ...
Seems like I missed quite a bit
Congrats on the 1000th Loam

[edit on 10/24/2005 by denial28]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Hi Denial

Welcome back.
Feel free to lounge on the couch - Kalapadea is in charge of films. Coffee is on the table as is tea and there are plenty of donuts. You don't have to fill out any forms but let us know any recent threads that have died.

Also - what is your take on zombies? (question of the week)

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Dude,
Kalapadea, I have a wonderful bottlegged copy of The guinea pig Flower of flesh and blood I'll be happy to lend in this wonderfully gruesome time o year

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join