It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ThreadKillers Anonymous

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Do you have back hair?

jk jk

You'll do fine, just relax.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Dunh Dunk Dunh Dunh! bumpity bumpity bump bump bump.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Today I'll be "in and out", as it were...I've got to run up to see my lawyer, collect a cheque and cash it, and then find an apartment.

Yay me!

Except it's raining outside, and it's going to rain all day, and it's only going to reach 45 degrees.

Sometimes, I really hate this state

However, I do encourage suggestions as to what colour I should wallpaper the guest rooms of TKA Headquarters.

I was thinking green, but not everyone wants to live in a "forest", if you will.

I also expect more stunning examples of TK-ing, so we can remain prudently observant.

And them's far too many big words for me at this hour of the morning, so I'm going back to bed for a snooze.

Toodle pip!

Sincerely,

TiredTwinklyTinkle, your resident Insomniaceria Ministeria Of The Hysteria Interior.
xxxxx

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I made two interesting discoveries today. It is very possible to function on and hour and a half of sleep. It's currently 1am, and that's all the sleep I've gotten since last night. And food is amazingly horrifying to me right now. I made something to eat because I was hungry, sat there staring at if for a few minutes, and the only thing that went through my mind was "oh my god. That's really disgusting."

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Zaph

Don't make me come in here and write a press release on the importance of sleep and/or food young man. I assume you are living off mountain dew and haven't had any water or other liquids w/out bubbles?

(taps foot)

Your health is not something to mess around with. I know you are going through a patchy phase but if you aren't hungry, can you at least try to ensure you eat something small and good for you? And keep hydrated... and, and, and... 1 hour and a half is not enough for your body to recover. Even Einstein needed at least 4.

If it helps, I can send you my essay on Derrida, 'Writing and Difference' it is called, but Difference said with a French accent - an affected one at that. I assure you, four paragraphs into it you will be in snooze land.

You know how you think I'm like a hyped-up foamy on caffeine?

Read these samples from 'On Grammatology' (also by Derrida) They should have warning labels on them, like no driving or operating heavy machinery afterward.

The science of writing should therefore look for its object at the roots of scientificity,. The history of writing should turn back toward the origin of historicity. , A science of the possibility of science? A science of science which would no longer have the form of logic but that of grammatics? A history of the possibility of history which would no longer be an archaeology, a philosophy of history or a history of philosophy?

The positive and the classical sciences of writing are obliged to repress this sort of question. Up to a certain point, such repression is even necessary to the progress of positive investigation. Beside the fact that it would still be held within a philosophising logic, the ontophenomenological question of essence, that is to say of the origin of writing, could, by itself, only paralyse or sterilise the typological or historical research of facts.

My intention, therefore, is not to weigh that prejudicial question, that dry, necessary, and somewhat facile question of right, against the power and efficacy of the positive researches which we may witness today. The genesis and system of scripts bad never led to such profound, extended, and assured explorations. It is not really a matter of weighing the question against the importance of the discovery; since the questions are imponderable, they cannot be weighed. If the issue is not quite that, it is perhaps because its repression has real consequences in the very content of the researches that, in the present case and in a privileged way, are always arranged around problems of definition and beginning.

Source: Of Grammatology, publ. John Hopkins University Press., 1974. Chapter Two, with one section deleted.

www.marxists.org...

[edit on 5-10-2005 by nikelbee]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   
On the contrary. Even Mountain Dew has been vaguely horrifying to me today. I get a can, drink a couple sips, and put it down and don't touch it again. I haven't tried water. I figure as long as I can stand upright without falling on my face, it's all good.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
wheeeeeeeeeee! 1 1/2 hours of sleep yesterday, an hour late in the morning, or early in the afternoon, and another half hour in the evening, it's 1:45am and I have insomnia. I turned off the light, closed my eyes, and ended up just laying here.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Aunty Tess wades in with her Nagging Hat perched firmly on the top of her head...

Zaph.

You're being stubborn.

Sorry, but there it is - you know better. You know you have to eat something, even if it's just one of those milk-shake meal things or a protein bar. Just eat something!

"It's all good"?! NO! No it's bloody well not!

It's not all good to go without sleep and nutrition like that - your body can go without one or the other for a short time, but not both together like that.

If you think you feel depressed now, it's going to be 10 times worse once your body realises it's starved of nutrients too

Aunty Tess signing off, a wee bit concerned.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Oh piffle. I can stand, I can walk, I'm conscious. That's good enough for me.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Fine, fine.

Just don't come crying to us when you're really sick-because-you-won't-take-care-of-yourself, matey

Who's on coffee duty today, anyway? The cakes and donuts are all on the table...

Furthermore, I have a dilemma.

I'm dying my hair. I just have NO idea which shade to go with....soooo....it's one of these three:

Help!

Oh. I have a great picture I'm going to post later...with a little "What am I" question attached. Watch theees spaaaace!

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower
Aunty Tess wades in with her Nagging Hat perched firmly on the top of her head...

Zaph.

You're being stubborn.

Sorry, but there it is - you know better. You know you have to eat something, even if it's just one of those milk-shake meal things or a protein bar. Just eat something!

"It's all good"?! NO! No it's bloody well not!

It's not all good to go without sleep and nutrition like that - your body can go without one or the other for a short time, but not both together like that.

If you think you feel depressed now, it's going to be 10 times worse once your body realises it's starved of nutrients too

Aunty Tess signing off, a wee bit concerned.

Hey now, I do this for a few weeks at a time, it only sucks if you think about it too much. As long as he sleeps in a little whenever he can, it works out. (I would say something like, "I'm not screwed up" but I am so forget that)

RAMEN!

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I like the bottom two - are you a blonde normally? I don't know why, but I pictured you with dark hair.

I'm a raven-haired brunette - a few times I've burgandized (not to be confused with Ron Burgandy) my hair or tinged it magenta'y like. Mostly I like it dark though - and when I *really* want to seem intelligent, I wear my non-prescriptive trendy glasses and nod a lot and look serious and take them on and off as needed.

My friend calls it the, 'Why Miss Jones, you're beautiful.' look, which always makes me laugh, because I once managed to poke myself in the eye while doing it in an important meeting and the resulting red-eye/mascara tragedy dripping on my presentation notes was not cute or intelligent in the least.

Vanity, thy name is Calvin Klein.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Hey now, there's nothing wrong with lookin cool

Of course some of us wearing glasses glare at those who don't have to....

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
When I was little I had white hair that was really really curly. And my first pair of glasses drove me nuts because my eyelashes brushed the lenses everytime I blinked.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I'm a natural "dirty darkish blonde" (or "dirty mid-light brown", I suppose)...I'm sort of "reddish" at the moment, but because this is literally the first time since May that I've actually had real money (sidebar: thus proving that I am able to survive on food shelves and charity...which is more humbling than most people can ever imagine), I'm going to treat myself to a box of Herbal Essences hair coloury doodah thing.

And I still have to move my crap with no vehicle...fun fun fun!

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
No glasses, no braces

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikelbee
No glasses, no braces

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Ryder and Uhaul need a driver's license...mine expired.

I never got around to renewing it here.

I suck

Nik..hey, I have trendy glasses tooooo!!!! Brooks Bros. black square frames.
I got them when I had a wealthy husband and great health insurance..

Le sigh.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I never said I didn't have TRENDY glasses. But what's trendy now, I just got these frameless ultrathins.

Even with "ULTRATHIN" lenses, I'm still wearing soda bottles. Nearly blind in my left eye... so the lens is like 2 times thicker on the left side.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Ooooh mine are square too! Let's do a little smarty girl glasses - Lisa Loeb dance. Thing is, I'm not even being ironic.

When you come to London we must do tea and wear our glasses. You can't come Zaph and Kalapidea because your brains will be turned into mush from lack of sleep and ramen overload.

And you will walk like this:

I know this won't convince you because you are 'manly men', but no sleep gives you serious wrinkles.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join