It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ThreadKillers Anonymous

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
We'll bring it up with the Interior Minister when she arrives later. In the meantime, have a donut.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Donuts are gonna make me fat... nope wait, too late.

Shouldn't you be sleeping, Mr. 2-3 hours? I had a nap tonight, I'm set for a while.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
pfft. I do just fine on two or three hours for about 4 days or so. I'm running on caffeine, and stress. lol

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Stress kills, I go for about 4 days like that myself, I just do it caffeine free ^^. Try that on for size, trust me it sucks.

Even getting off caffeine was hard, like one week of headaches and sleeplessness. Add on the overweight, and the heart, and my weekends are like hell. I still party on the weekends when I'm not sleeping or spending hours in front of my computer (these boards included).

One of these days I'm going to get a podcast on here explaining the woes of caffeine-free-dom. Like needing to sleep after being up only 24 hours.
What do you do for a job anyhow?

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Heh. I'm so addicted to caffeine that my head would explode if I quit. I did it once for a summer. It wasn't bad actually but it didn't last.

job? what job? heh. I just lost it. That's the minor part of the bad year I'm having. lol

[edit on 9/25/2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
My greatest triumph with the help of caffeine was a 5 day LAN party. Other than that, it was 2 weeks of living entirely nocturnal last winter, I can't wait to do it again this year.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I think I just want to curl up for the night.

Pass the warm milk, I'll kill threads tomorrow.
I promise............

Too much :w:

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I don't have any comfy chairs, at home, I don't even have a bed. How about inflatable furniture?

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Hubby is passed out on the big chair and I'm hanging around the desk trying to make sense with what I type.

My attention is pulled between fixing something to eat and putting my man to bed.

Food always wins................

A few of those donuts that tinkleflower was passing out would come in handy right now.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I need food, there isn't any here, I need my FIX! Where's my ramen!?!?

Edit: Zaphod that's exactly what I'm asking, what are you good at? Not "where do you work" just, what is your general profession?

[edit on 9/25/2005 by Kalapadea]

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I'm good at fixing stuff. The job I just left was fixing machines at the airport. I'm ok with computers, but haven't kept up to date with things because we didn't deal much with fixing them at work. If something went wrong with it, we just replaced the entire unit, and it used very specialized software.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   
September 25, 2005

Yesterday, TKA had a close call when rival agency TRA, lead by Revival Activist, Voidmaster, attempted to stage a coup by stating in his manifesto that the group's intentions were to 'reverse' the illegal killing of threads caused by TKA.

‘This is being constructed to act as a restraint against TKA, so they don't get outta wack and start killing good threads that deserve a long life,' said the outraged TRA spokesman.

Malicious and unconfirmed allegations of blatant and purposeful killing by TKA, had been making the rounds recently, with talk of members taking delight in slaughtering their own threads and that of others. By sundown, the news of TRA’s white glove throw-down had spread to the BTS community like wildfire.

In a matter of seconds, TRA had a shocking 30 views with various members weighing in and posting ANTI TKA sentiments. The TKA agency, with a membership of 12 registered members and many more supporters, has repeatedly claimed in its manifesto, to be a support group for ‘lost souls'. Among other things, TKA also claims to have research at the core of its goals, and offers a 13 step programme for thread killers as well as an unlimited supply of fresh Sanka and donuts.

Following the TRA announcment, TKA members where on hand almost immediately, teaming up in a best practice example of fine cooperation, to put out the fires (so to speak) of discontent and animosity, before it was too late.

Vice President Duzey was initially misquoted by rival agency News of the World, as saying this when asked about TRA:

‘I used to be quite a 'rhymes with witch' when I was first here, so don’t go reviving too much or I might have to go all medieval witch on your (snip)’

It was later found that Duzey actually said this (in a very plummy accent): I don't think anyone in TKA sets out with the purpose to kill a thread. I actually take the time to think about a response and not take an adversarial stance…’

Newest ATS member Kalapadea, fast making a name for him/herself on BTS, interjected with this: ‘I don't see anything worth mentioning about a special group of people whose point is to revive threads that died when they were supposed to. Reviving a forgotten thread is like shocking a dead monkey.’

The situation grew heated when SuperMod Rant, from the Secret Dead Horse society, weighed in with his own list of possible revivals, featuring (among others to numerous to mention): The Wonderwoman movie casting couch call and Curme's mammarian discovery of Japanese Choco Party (good, good).

Officially, Mr. Rant is unable to back any society as it represents a possible conflict of interest wit his supermod status, but his presence in the TRA ranks, was said by a few to unofficially ‘bless’ the newly minted TRA as well as finacially backing the rogue agency by using public grants and monies.

It was a close call, but TKAers managed to nip the insurgent TRA in the bud. Voidmaster admitted there was a miscommunication problem between agencies and they should strive to work together instead of against one another. He even went so far as to hint that the 2 agencies would eventually merge in the future.

Peace talks are currently underway.

Zaphod58, President and Beloved Dictator of controversial ‘rebel’ group TKA, had the last word to say (as usual) about the near fiasco.

‘You're making the assumption that TKA is out to deliberately kill threads. That's simply not even CLOSE to the truth.

TKA is a place for like minded people to go, and for us to do research to find out how to better ourselves, and to become better posters.

We have actual researchers into different members that have very successful threads, to figure out why theirs are so successful, and what we can do to make OURS more successful.’

[edit on 25-9-2005 by nikelbee]

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Great release as usual by our Press Secretary. Thanks for all the wonderful work you are doing in this position.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Ok guys, to be fair, I jumped on Tinkleflower and Nikelbee last night for discussing shoes, so let's take the PC talk elsewhere.

In the near future we're going to come up with "teams" of members, and we're going to watch how each other posts, and try to incorporate their good points into our posts, and evaluate each others posting methods. Nikelbee will be posting something in the near future about different posting methods for us all to take a look at, and compare them to our methods, and try to find what works and what doesn't work.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
I'm curious--if anyone wants to tell, in the interest of perspective, mine and others'--about you guys getting 'applause'--I imagine you have, because I haven't really seen any examples of less-than-truly-classy-and-ethical postings from our members.

But seriously, folks--you get my drift....

Don't you?

[edit on 9/24/2005 by queenannie38]

Yes. I think you have a valid point. I have received applause a handful of times and it always surprises me, especially when the thread isn't being responded to with the same appreciation. I guess it is the mightly mods telling us they like our posts. Kinda like a cracker jack box to open up your mailbox and find a U2 applause surprise inside.

Then again, maybe they feel sorry for us.

At least it isn't this

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I have bronchitis and tonsillitis, and my temp is currently 101.2...this is what happens at least three times a year, and it usually happens directly after going to the hospital for labwork. And you thought hospitals were safe places, huh? Hah! Hmph. Whinemoancomplainwhinewhinewhine.

Anyway.

The donuts are right over there....

And you can grab a latte/mochacino/whatever over there...

Before I go back to bed, I'd like to take today off (I'll be around but not posting/reading much)...and quote the wonderful RANT:

I'm sorry, but if you think The Flintstones is based on a true story, there's a good chance your parents were cousins. You don't have to like the fact you're a braying idiot; But paying your $19.99 monthly fee to AOL doesn't give you the right to subject the rest of the world to your dementia.

I swear I want that as my signature line

Ni ni folks.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
aww poor tink!! get better soon hunni!!

xxmwahxx

oni x x

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Get well soon tink, I've got bronchitis in the winter to look forward to. Where as soon as it gets dry...nasty.

Grab a sheet, and a bowl of ramen, make youreself comfy in front of that computer. Maybe you should think about grabbing a laptop with wireless internet (and a wireless router) so whenever you get sick, you can stay on the couch (bed) and online.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I've killed and mortally wounded a lot of threads. Not all of these died instantly, but they all died, and my prints are on the murder weapon.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

The Vagabond-twiddles his thumbs and waits for somebody to explain exactly what historical precedent exists for Palestinian governance of that land.-
Funny how nobody wants to talk to me about some subjects unless I'm willing to set aside anything remotely resembling valid arguments and have a racist flame war instead.

Thomas CrowneWell, there's a show-stopper if I've ever seen one.
Who do you work for, the Encyclopedia Brittanica?

I was disgusting enough to kill the most disgusting thread in BTS history:
www.belowtopsecret.com...

Edit: What the heck, just a few more for good measure.

[edit on 25-9-2005 by The Vagabond]

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Here's your name tag, grab some donuts and coffee and pull up a bean bag.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join