It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we have a forum specifically about Atlantis?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
when we already have the ancient civilization forum that we can discuss about it. but in anicase this is the owner's website so he can choose to have this or not.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Because it is a sponsored forum. It is a forum about this research, dedicated to this subject.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Did you read the one thread in the forum?

AboveTopSecret.com presents a special event sponsored forum for exclusive interaction with material and people involved in an upcoming television special on Atlantis and the case for Cyprus as the lost continent. We begin this exclusive special event with pre-existing content to inspire discussion. However, as we get closre to the broadcast date, there will be exclusive-to-ATS content as well as involvement by key members of the team. Stay tuned for updates.

There you go.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
thanks for the info. i thought it didnt look too special to earn that much attention.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
By the way, there's a typo there. It says "closre" instead of "closer".

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Personally I look forward to the research and speculation this new forum will bring to ATS. It should prove to be really interesting.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Questioning The Answers

Will the forum be opened for posts from the ATS membership?

That's something I would like to see!

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I actually really enjoy the Atlantis stuff. When it's done well, there's some really good science behind it. I have high hopes for this feature.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I tried to post some first thoughts, but it didn't take them.

Which is sort of sad. It was a brilliant essay, and what the authors of the Cyprus = Atlantis theory would need to disprove about our view of the classical world in order to make this a good fit.

But it was lost. And there was no back up.

Sort of like the best Tenacious D song ever written.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
The Greatest Story Never Told

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
But it was lost. And there was no back up.

Yeah, I typed out a long first post for the thread and noticed I couldn't post it.

Thankfully, I composed it in a word processor, which I do for most posts -- and all posts that grow longer than a few lines.

I still get bit now and then, but usually because the thread I was replying to got trashed.

Sorry about your losing that one, and my recommendation by way of condolence is to consider a word processor for the next one.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
When something like that happens to me, I can just press the back button and copy and paste the text out of the edit window, but maybe that won't work with your browser.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Hmm..... I really should have checked my newsletter.

Either way it's really exciting news and presents a lot of very interesting possiblities. After all, what happens if ATS finds something out of research? I can't wait to hear more on the forum.

new topics

top topics

join