It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future of Humanity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 12:26 PM
link   
What if a Society was solely dedicated to the advancement of the human species, its technology, and its survival?

What if it ignored the day events, troubles, and governments as much as possible and only intervened when necessary to achieve its goals?

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 07:14 PM
link   
if society as a whole worked together i think that that the breakthroughs in technology would be incredible. there are many brilliant minds out there but there are also too many sides to be on. everybody wants their side to be the dominant. the truth is that people arent ready to put their feelings aside yet and work with other types of people. nobody cares about the whole. everybody is selfish to some extent. maybe some day maybe after something horrible happens people will take a step back and start thinking differently and start working together. but until then i think its whoever gets to the finish line first, wins.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Mods

Please move this topic to the "Utopia" Forum.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 07:28 AM
link   
This kind of idea would only happen in a cashless society without religion or anything else for that matter. Humans are born as individuals and as such, have personal agendas which have moved us away from ever attaining a lifestyle of single-mindedness towards survival and advancement. That kind of thing is best left to ants and other social animals that have no such individualism.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 07:30 AM
link   
ugh, Even though I'd love to be able to fly around space in a fancy new space cruiser, i much rather be the me that i am, rather than just another drone...

wait a min... it's almost like that now... well the drone part.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 07:55 AM
link   
.......on what you have been conditioned to think "advancement" is. The way that I see it,technology for the most part hobbles mankind's advancement.

A lot of time is wasted building new tech to replace old tech ,and disposing of the old tech.

People become too dependent on others for tech that they cannot build themselves.

Cashless society would give too much control to a select few who control the book keeping.

Most of the things that we depend on to survive did not exist in the past,how is it that we became dependent on things we don't really need?.If these things were needed,our race would be extinct.

Technology itself is a control mechanism.

Technology defined.
1.(a)The application of science, especially to industrial or commercial objectives.
(b)The scientific method and material used to achieve a commercial or industrial objective.
2.Electronic or digital products and systems considered as a group:a store specializing in office tecnology
3.Anthropology.The body of knowledge available to a society that is of use in fashioning implements,practicing manual arts and skills,and extracting or collecting materials.

_Technology=Our own Prison.

top topics

join