It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can One Make Any Difference?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
My war on global warming startd years ago.
1. Refuse to have any of my 4 acres of trees cut, though I have been offered 4 times my properties value.Clear cutting is going on in any small lot!
2.Do not use any aerosol sprays.
3.Drive a vehicle that gets 55 mpg.
4.Do not use AC, only window fans.
Is there anymore I can do? Suggestions..

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Sure one person can make a difference.

davidsuzuki.org has lots of good ideas on what the individual can do to make a difference.

I hope that helps you.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
Is there anymore I can do? Suggestions..

I pull the "not Kosher" card all the time with my friends/acquaintances. I am not Jewish, but use the word "Kosher" to denote what is not up to my standards. It is a good way to get others to follow your ways (read leadership). For example... when I am at a friends house and they offer me a soda, I refuse... I then let them ask... "why not?" Which gives me plenty of room to educate as to the benefits of water and fruit juice. Of course soda is a simple example... Asking my customers to turn off their A/C and open windows while I'm working at their house is another... When friends pull up to a drive thru and I'm in the passenger seat, "Do you want anything" is always followed by a, "Nope... thanks." Even if it goes to, "I'll buy.".... I still follow up with, "No, its ok..." Whenever I can pull a, "Why not, aren't you hungry?" out of folks they get an earful.

Denying unnecessary gifts is considered by many a virtue.

Sri Oracle

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I recently went to visit my dad in NYwent on a boating trip, but anyways, he recently bought a really nice Dodge with the twin cab, and cummins diesel engine. Now here's where it makes the difference, with a simple modification to his engine, he is now using old frying grease to power his truck., The cost is about the same as regular gas, but, he is no longer reliant on Big Oil. We have always had a wood burning stove, and the house was a little chilly at night, but simple things like this CAN make a difference. Only problem now is when we drive in his truck, I get an overwhelming craving for frenchfries

But seriously, if people started buying diesel engines, instead of regular, and having this modification done-which I think he said it was in the ballpark figure of 1500 USD, we could seriously alter alot of things wrong I think.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I want one. Sign me up. Where can I get my diesel converted in NW Florida?

Sri Oracle

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Actully, Rudolph Diesel developed the engine to have the capabilities of using vegetable oil, but with todays fuel injectors, it will clog with the glycerine content in vegetable oil, Biodiesel is a safer alternative, however, it still contains petrol.I have posted a few links, one actually includes ways to convert your existing vegetable oil into new engine friendly, fuel. Hey get this the by product of burning pure vegetable oil with a diesel engine is this, it releases carbon DIOXIDE, which means plant food anywhere you go
I know my dad has it delivered I think once a month, but the most common oil used for this is soybeans.www.biodiesel.co.uk...
That one has a bit of info on it.www.boulderbiodiesel.com...
This one walks you through making it and various resource links,

www.sectionz.info...
And this one tells you pretty much a little more detail on it.

Supposedly all you really need to do, is change your gas filter and lines to get rid of the left over petrol is find an oil with a low glycerine content, it's safe for dogs to lick up off of the ground, And like I said it releases carbon Dioxide, not Monoxide, so you may even notice trees growing alot faster once you do this

new topics

top topics

join