It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RITA in the bible codes question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
ok, i was surfing around the net and came across this on this bible codes website and i was wondering if anyone could tell me what they heck they are talking about
while i am a christian i dont really buy into the whole bible code thing but i was wondering about the significance that the site was trying to bring up.

and i suppose we could use this as a tool to test the codes as well.

here is a snippet from the explaination on the website:
"The bible code implies an increase in storms in general as well as specific events. Hurricane Rita formed on a day that is interesting numerically. I will explain this soon. It has to do with 50 Jubilees from the famous decree of 445 BC. [Dan. 9.]
Thus these series of storms are end-time signs of great importance.)"

now what is so significant about rita being formed on a day that has to do with the 50 jubilees?

here is the whole link to the website if you guys want to look around.
bible codes
talking about recent events

again i dont by into all this bible code stuff, but i want to understand how the heck this person is making their correlations. it just sound like a bunch of lunacy to me as far as how they are stringing their information together.

Kind Regards,
DigitalGrl

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This does not relate to the bible code
[which I have faith in].
But I found anagramming Katrina with Rita seems to be strangely resonant.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Read the last verse in the bible in the book of "Revelations" it will tell you about "bible code"

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
hey,

ok i dont want this to turn into an argument about whether the bible code is real or not. just if anyone has any answers to what i posted in my first post, i would much appreciate it.

Punk monkey,
i know exactly waht verse yo are talking about and i think we are on the same page with that one

Thanks,
DG

Azi

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone

There are like 1000! What are you referring to?

>Azi

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azi

Originally posted by siriuslyone

There are like 1000! What are you referring to?

>Azi

In A Rain
Rar[e]
Rain

These for starters.

Azi

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   
That MUST mean that God had influence on chosing that name, right? Geez! That's just stupid, and anagrams have no 'special powers.'

Wha?

>Azi

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
THe bible codes are, as i understand it, such:

You take some terms to search for. You input them into a special bible codes computer program. It searches thru the torah in hebrew, and finds the terms you are looking for, but not written in the normal way of reading, rather by connecting letters from different words at all angles, like a crossword puzzle. Then the program also looks at how close the words are to one another, do they cross over each other, are they within a certain radius of one another, etc.

From that, you are supposed to be able to say

1. the words are in the code
  2. there's a low probablity that they'd occur together

Which, in the end, isn't saying much. There are similar codes in the Novel Moby Dick, and, indeed, any sufficiently large block of text will have statistically improbable 'codes', therefore, the bible, torah, etc, must have some also, because all books have them. IF the bible codes are truly magical, then someone needs to present a way to distinguish between the expected, natural codes that have to be present, from the 'god made' ones, which, btw, no one has been able to do.

Oh and some of the codes are contradictory.

So its bunk, in short.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azi
That MUST mean that God had influence on chosing that name, right? Geez! That's just stupid, and anagrams have no 'special powers.'

Wha?

>Azi

The ENTIRE English is made up of anagrams. Speak not of what you do not comprehend....

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
ok i think we are getting off the subject.

my question was what the heck does the jubilee thing have to do with the hurricane? thats all.

im just trying to see where the heck this site is coming from with all of its biblical code claims.
i already know about the history of the bible code and personally dont think it is valid.

so if anyone can see the parallel between the jubilees it is speaking of and hurricane rita please feel free to post it. but debating the codes isnt really what this thread it about

thanks a bunch

DigitalGrl

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
MODS: i think my thread is kinda pointless now. so feel free to delete/close it.

thank you to all who participated.

DigitalGrl

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I am so sorry for derailing you thread, BUT the bible codes are total anagrams, IOW, the Jews go through the Torah and take out the words they think are relevant and put them together..
Again, I did not mean any offense...

Azi

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Aren't Jubilees those things from Zelda?

Anyway, I don't know. I keep up with those bible codes all the time, but that's just a little too advanced for me. They write those things as if you're the one that wrote the program to find the codes! You can't sort through anything easily.

>Azi

new topics

top topics

join