It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of those years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This isn't really a rant, it's more of a "I'm so tired, when will all this crap end" post.

So far this year, I have gotten divorced, started a new relationship that is heading towards marriage, come as close as you possibly can to losing THAT relationship and not lose it, had my mother spend three weeks in the ICU with a less than 10% chance of surviving (she did luckily), and today was given the option of either resigning and saving my resume, or being fired. So I am currently jobless, trying to support my fiancee, build us a room for her to stay in while she's in the Philippines until she can come here, and pay my bills that I'm way behind on.

God I can't wait for this crap to end. I used to think I was a pretty strong person, but man I'm so tired now.

Oh and to top it off, my father entered the second phase of Alsheimers. We're having to take his drivers license away from him soon because his driving is getting so bad.

[edit on 9/20/2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Anything anyone can help with?

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Mostly I just occasionally need people willing to listen, and lend a shoulder. There's not really anything that can be done, except get up in the morning and plod through the day. heh.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
That's some rough crap you're dealing with. Everything always seems to happen at once.

You try to remember it will eventually get better (no time frame on this unfortunately). It's the lack of hope that can really drive a person round the bend.

*cyberhug*

PS This is my new secret strategy for moving up in the club. I'll just keep you from killing the threads.
My other secret plan was to make you smile. I hope it worked.

I'm a sneaky one, all right.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
This isn't really a rant, it's more of a "I'm so tired, when will all this crap end" post.

So far this year, I have gotten divorced, started a new relationship that is heading towards marriage, come as close as you possibly can to losing THAT relationship and not lose it, had my mother spend three weeks in the ICU with a less than 10% chance of surviving (she did luckily), and today was given the option of either resigning and saving my resume, or being fired. So I am currently jobless, trying to support my fiancee, build us a room for her to stay in while she's in the Philippines until she can come here, and pay my bills that I'm way behind on.

[edit on 9/20/2005 by Zaphod58]

Taking a page from Duzey's book, I decided to hunt you out.

Seriously though, sometimes it helps when you invert things, turn them the other way around. And make lists. Things that are in your control, things that aren't.

For example, your mom was very lucky to survive and you haven't lost your relationship with your fiance. So in a way you *are* lucky. Think about the people running around with lots of money and great jobs but no love or family. Although these scary things happened/are happening to you; you and your loved ones survived. You still have your fiancee and your parents.

The rest of the world - while conspiring to make you unhappy in the form of bills and the soon to materialize new job - is a different matter. But these are things you can fix, work on and aspire to. These are the items to tackle on your list. The other group - the love of your family, friends, significant other, are the things to relish and think about while you are struggling.

As far as being tired, I can see why you are. When you surviive obstacles, the onslaught of relief, fear, gladness and adrenaline, all come rushing in at the same time, leaving you exhausted. That and the daily struggle to remain strong must be taking its toll.

Practical advice - eat well, sleep well. Sounds easy but a lot of people have a hard time sleeping when faced with so many problems. Staying up at night worrying about them will only weaken your constitution.

Try to do something pleasant once a day that doesn't drain your energy. Think positive thoughts. I know this sounds wishy-washy and a little new agey - but physically, being positive has an effect on you that can't be overlooked. It might also help when things look a little hopeless.

I think there is something to that whole bad energy, bad things happening all at once thing. You ever hear of a bad luck magnet? Best thing to do is fight against it, try to be happy.

I hope this helps in some small way. Talking to people can often be just what you need. It can give you perspective and at the very least make you feel like your are not alone.

Anyway - I'm off to find Tinkle's thread.

Muahahaha

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I am having 'one of those years' too.
I broke up with a guy.
I am unemployed.
I blew 25 G's studying Environmental Science.
One of my friends is in the hospital dying, right now.

I was pretty depressed for a while and drinking too much!
Now, I kind of just don't care.
I've grown bored of being depressed.

I'm not really sure how to fix all this, but I've gotten to the mental spot where I think: The guy I lost was a jerk anyway. I'll find some job eventually, etc. I am getting to the more philosophical area now, know what I mean?

Also, I spent the whole summer doing alot of biking and weightlifting. This helped burn off alot of stress. Especially biking which is my favorite thing to do!

So maybe find an activity where you can burn off some stress and tension?
Just an idea that helped me some.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
its not my work i wished it was, but i think its something we can all relate to in some way....hope it helps.

Don't Quit

When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all up hill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,

When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,

And many a failure turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow--
You may succeed with another blow,

Success is failure turned inside out--
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far;

So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

like i say i hope it helps............................

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
You know you have my shoulders if you need 'em, dude.

(And some donuts and coffee, too. I'll even let you have the Dewski)

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I can only tell you that after every bad streak, there's a good one. That's how it's always been for me. Roll with the punches, and you'll come out strong in the end. A good streak is just around the corner, you just need to reach for it!

I don't know if it really helps or not, but try picking up jogging. I jog every other day, and when things are going rough, a nice long job and a breath of fresh air helps things a lot...

Good luck! Tell me when you're on that good streak

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I think I've hit numb acceptance for now. All day yesterday after I found out that I was out of work, and today doing my outprocessing, instead of being upset, or panicked about what I'm going to do, it was more like "ok, whatever."

Thanks for all your support.

I'll probably take you up on those shoulders, donuts and dew here soon Ms Interior Minister.

new topics

top topics

join