It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Metallica Retire?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I've always been a big fan of metallica but ever since load album came out they have never been the same. I had high hopes when St. Anger came but frankly i was disappointed. To be honest I acutally like the album but it just not metallica like the good of days of Master of Puppets. Right now I dont think they will ever go back to their roots to their aggresive hard and fast style. So im saying they should probably just retire before they dimm their image anymore especially since the napster clash if they dont go back to their roots again.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I believe so. They've sucked huge for a while now.

I want them to retire and put out a greatest hits record or records.

Peace

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Metallica should not retire until Brian Wilson, the Rolling Stones, Ozzy Osbourne and Duran Duran retire.

Actually, I got so bored watching them play in 2003 I thought they were a retirement village band.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I've always been a big fan of metallica but ever since load album came out they have never been the same. I had high hopes when St. Anger came but frankly i was disappointed.

My thoughts exactly. I've been a huge fan of Metallica since the mid 80's.
I thought St. Anger sucked.

Personally I think it has alot to do with James going sober. I saw a documentary on VH1(i think thats where I saw it) about the making of St. Anger and most of it revolved around James' newfound sobriety. Alot of the things James did to keep on task changed the dynamics of how the band made albums.

I'm not knocking James' sobriety, I think its a good thing, But I do feel that it has changed the band.

[edit on 20/9/05 by Skibum]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
They should just retire without releasing a "Best Hits" album.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Hey, I love them, too, especially the old school stuff. But, they are "artists" of the modern day. As long as there is money out there to make, and people buy thier product, whatever they put out, greatest hits, new skank, whatever, they will produce.

And Lars will never shut up.

Peace!

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
yes

they dont even play for the music anymore all there interested in is money hence why they made a more "today friendly" album if they were just playing for the music they never woulda had there #ing dummy spit about the whole net downloading thing....greedy old #s

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Metallica were once a good band... now they're just plain crap!

Bring back the 16th notes!!

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
They lost it after the black album. I haven't heard anything good from them since. And watching that Metallica documentary, WTF, are they a rock band or 40 year old female dogs. That documentary made them seem like the biggest pansies.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Well I think that if they can figure out a way to return to their roots, then they should continue to make music. Their older stuff is some of the my favorite music of all time, if they could somehow just go back to those days, they'd be flat out awesome. Otherwise now would be a good time to retire.

After all, I look around, and I see a lot of Ride the Lightning shirts. But not a single Load, or St. Anger shirt. I think that's proof that if they can find the original spark, they'll be good to go. But if not, they're just not delivering what they used to and should just stop while they're ahead.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
They should have given it up after Cliff Burton died. "And Justice..." had it's moments, but it was the beginning of the end for them.

new topics

top topics

join